Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTN Illinois members

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN Illinois members

I was wondering if one of you could provide me with the phone numbers of some good shops in the chicago area to swap in a B16A into my 90 integra. I would do it myself but I've been working too many hours to have time.BTW if any members wanna make some money and do it for me and you live close to me let me know. I live in dupage county.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN Illinois members (dohcvtec16)

i live out in schaumburg...me and my friend would do it. we have done a couple of swaps it's no problem. let me know
Old 04-26-2002, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stay away from APG

Kawi
Driver's Image (donno if they do swaps though)
Old 04-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN Illinois members (SLPR)

why would you stay away from garage kwai...they do some good work, but you pay for it. you got the apg part right...complete hack jobs from what i've seen
Old 04-26-2002, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

stay away from APG

Kawi
Driver's Image (donno if they do swaps though)
agree with the APG,
but kwai are my peeps, good work but the prices can hurt sometimes... I wouldnt give them though

But come on, two for the fashion **** of chicago import shops? give me a FCKN break... Yeah two for a shop that couldnt get the drag cars to produce good numbers cause they either kept breaking axles or not running at all.
yeah, they win my support... coming from a shop that use to hate on skunk2 products, but now there selling there products and acting like they've been fans of skunk2's products forever.... why, you cool
Old 04-26-2002, 11:50 AM

Default Re: ATTN Illinois members (hatchmobile)

Hey Hatchmobile I sent you a IM gimme a call when you get a chance anyone else who is interested in possibly doing this swap for me lemme know. In case you did'nt notice on my other post I live in Dupage county.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:18 PM

Call Evolution Performance in Arlington Heights. (847)228-6888. They got lotsa work to do and might be backed up for some time but it cant hurt. Ask for Jerry and tell him Andrew sent you. Good prices, great work
Old 04-26-2002, 12:31 PM

Default Re: ATTN Illinois members (GONG SHOW)

agree with the APG,
but kwai are my peeps, good work but the prices can hurt sometimes... I wouldnt give them though

But come on, two for the fashion **** of chicago import shops? give me a FCKN break... Yeah two for a shop that couldnt get the drag cars to produce good numbers cause they either kept breaking axles or not running at all.
yeah, they win my support... coming from a shop that use to hate on skunk2 products, but now there selling there products and acting like they've been fans of skunk2's products forever.... why, you cool
APG - because they misquoted information and don't know Hondas from "holes in the ground"
Garage Kawi - because I've had some firends get burn there before. true it wasn't my deal so maybe a thumbs down was not fair.
Driver's Image - because I have not had any problem with them yet.

Opinions is what I suppied, so sorry to rant on your "peeps". Besides I buy parts and not service from local stops. I do not let anyone turn tools on my car, no one. Just realize that those are my opinions, that is all.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not trying to really flame you, but Drivers Image(hehehe)
Everyone knows them as the Cosmetic parts store(if your really into performance)...
And how did your friends get burned? just curious... Im pretty sure it was something to do with prices.
But its all good bro, no beef from this side of the tracks.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:47 PM

Default Re: ATTN Illinois members (GONG SHOW)

No prob, I didn't think you meant it as a flame towards me.

The Kawi thing, yea it was a money issue and a bad engine deal.

[Modified by SLPR, 1:47 PM 4/26/2002]
Old 04-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what do you expect good work usually costs more money...that's typical. kwai is a good shop definately better than driver's image for just about everything...except for cosmetic stuff.
Old 05-02-2002, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

APG are a buncha morons...

Driver Image is only for Car-Show ****...

Garage Kwai...go there I guess, I've talked with Benson and he seems like a nice guy. They are pricey, hence the reason I did my own swap...expect to spend some $$$. They had some cars run some #s though, and they don't seem to be all about show.

Suprdave

[Modified by Suprdave, 1:33 AM 5/6/2002]
Old 05-02-2002, 12:49 PM
senior gold member

Default Re: ATTN Illinois members (Suprdave)

Give me your ls motor and I'll do it fo you, but I agree would dave on doing yourself that way no one would be able to ripp you off. IMO
Old 05-03-2002, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN Illinois members (Ivan)

go to automotosports (AMS)...they are mostly a dsm shop, but just recently they have started to do hondas and have someone that does excellent work on them (he's worked for honda for a long while). give the a call 847-709-0530 ask for martin or dylan or you can go on their website and e-mail them http://www.automotosports.com...they will give a good deal and they do great work. btw...they also have a dyno too and can meet all you tuning needs
Old 05-04-2002, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, there going to be working on honda's now huh? thats dope, these guys are really cool. went there with a friend after hours and met a few of them guys. really cool people and not cocky like most shop owners that stock big wings and booty kits but cant get there fagracing car to break into the 9's becasue they dont know ****... i wont say anything about there Drivers or there Image(hahaha)... only two people in that store are semi cool...