Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATT: Newman and other experts with HCP mounts and Shaft combo's !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATT: Newman and other experts with HCP mounts and Shaft combo's !!!!

96EK hatchback... kit is a HCP all mounts except front mount.

motor is jdm h22a with prelude jackshaft questions.

well i got a couple shafts here and they were 91-93 teg shafts... and well everybody was using an accord halfshaft.. but i have a prelude one and those shafts are rare where i live, so after some carefull attention i got something to work... but motor is yet installed so i can't confim it...

the prelude shaft has both male to male ends...

so by using integ shafts and disasembling it which i had prelude inners... I got a combo working but i'm questioning it's integrety and functionality.

by taking appart my lude inners, i kept the knuckle, clovers, square things and pin clips.. the shaft was plasma cutted so i threw those out... so by using the teg shaft which had the same splines count and shorter spline with for the keys "clips" i had to use the clover and teh squares mounted on the teg shaft and using the smaller clips to lock the shaft in place...it was amazing to see a shaft could be built that way...

but since i didn't have the ludes ones complete i couldn't mesure them and compare.. but i have for a fact lude inners on a 89 teg shaft with teg outers... now my question is , it will plug into the prelude jackshaft and my knuckles in theory but how will the width and driving of this shaft work....

will this hybrid shaft combo work or should i just disammble them again...

i'm mostly curious to see if this would be as strong as the accord jackshaft and just basic teg ones or is this one less done because you need to destroy 4 shafts to build two in order to keep the prelude jackshaft or simply because it won't fit ??? literally ?

i'd really like to get some info about this before i use them and something happens down the road...

any suggestions about this would greatly help

and yes i've done search'es nothing ever told me i couldn't do this so now i've done it now i'd like to know stuff about it if it dose work

anahhahhaha

anyways thanx for ready and i look forward to you guys's replies !!!!

happy tunning!!

-H
Old 11-09-2002, 01:31 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ATT: Newman and other experts with HCP mounts and Shaft combo's !!!! (HotWheelz-turboh22dx)

What will work with your Prelude mid-shaft, is a 86-89 Integra driver's side axle with the Prelude inner joint (the female end) that connects to the Prelude mid-shaft. Use a 90-91 Integra passenger side axle.

Now, here's some more info....

Best combo to use is the 90-93 Accord mid-shaft with 90-91 Integra axles on both sides. The above combo will work just fine also (I used that combo on my car, my friends use the Accrod/Integra combos... both work with the HCP kit). On the passenger side, there seems to be a couple of different 90-91 Integra axles (whether ABS or non-ABS, that doesn't matter) and the splines are the same, but the shaft that enters the tranny is either just right in length, or shorter on some 90-91 Integra axles. Don't know why, and no it wasn't a 86-89 Integra axle. We had 5 90-91 Integra axles lying side by side and 3 were the same, 2 were different. Don't know why it's like that but when we put a "shorter shaft" passenger side axle in one time, it popped out when the wheels turned backing out of the driveway (even with the snap ring holding it in place), but the shaft wasn't long enough for the snap ring to hold the axle in the tranny. Got a different 90-91 Integra passenger side axle, looked a little bit longer, popped that in and off we went. Just some FYI for you.

Old 11-10-2002, 03:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ATT: Newman and other experts with HCP mounts and Shaft combo's !!!! (Newman)

Newman:

so is my combo going to bolt in and fit (without poping out?)

91-93 driver driveshaft with prelude inner, 93-00 prelude jackshaft, and 91-93 passenger with prelude inner,

or I need a new combo mainly 90-93 Accord mid-shaft with 90-91 Integra axles on both sides..

going into an ek hatch and I need a combo that works and won't need to change shafts on a regular basis....

90-93 Accord mid-shaft with 90-91 Integra axles (to what hp level was this tested..)

will it work for a daily driver 230whp h22a ek22, or should i worry ?
Old 11-10-2002, 02:34 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ATT: Newman and other experts with HCP mounts and Shaft combo's !!!! (HotWheelz-turboh22dx)

so is my combo going to bolt in and fit (without poping out?)
91-93 driver driveshaft with prelude inner, 93-00 prelude jackshaft, and 91-93 passenger with prelude inner,

will it work for a daily driver 230whp h22a ek22, or should i worry ?
No.... the 90-93 Integra driver's side axle it longer than the 86-89 Integra axle. You need one of those for the driver's side if plan on using the 92-96 Prelude mid-shaft. Yes, it'll work on a 230whp daily driver... my car was close to 200 whp and with a 100 shot of NOS at the track, and some road racing in between, it still held up just fine