Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors???

just wondering about thier credibility? I just found out about these guys and just wondering if anyone has heard good things??? they have complete swaps for cheap. and say the motors have between 10-35k on them.
exp:97-00 B18c gsr for $2800 complete swap not just motor. or an si-r2 swap for $1800? its nuts just curious cause if they have a good rep I will be buying from them next year
Old 10-22-2002, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors??? (RedEK)

https://honda-tech.com/zeropost?cmd=reply&id=3072412
Old 10-22-2002, 09:16 PM

where did you hear about this place and is there a website i can visit...thanks
Old 10-22-2002, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors??? (B18bTurboHB)

http://www.osakajdmmotors.com
Old 10-23-2002, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors??? (Rev_Speed_ Performance)

I`m in canada and bought several motors actually...

my first motor was a GSR cam here looked dirty but internally was carbonned, looked like 35-50k miles started on the first crank and didn`t smoke, ran perfect so no complaint there...

second motor was celica 3sGTE (some low compression in one cylinder) so i got another one shipped to me.

bought an H22a with lsd, sold the lsd tranny to a friend he installed it and ran fine ever since, i took the motor appart to rebuild (just wanted to make sure), and upon opening it i waisted my time.. was extremly low miles.. although the outside didn`t look super clean..

i`ve personally went down several times personallly for the 11hour drive and checked out the place, alot of stuff!!! and their good guys!!

their prices are almost unbeatable....
Old 10-23-2002, 07:06 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors??? (HotWheelz-turboh22dx)

Just talked to Mark form Osaka motors... Sound like a nice guy.

They have many motors in stock , ready to ship......

Only thing wrong I found was that the swift linkage is not included in the swaps.

$1800 for a H22a or a b16a2 swap is by far the best price I have found.

Their prices are low enough for me to be thinking about the b18c1.....

Anyway, when buying a swap there are many factors inlvolved. Picking clean parts, packing it carefully etc.......

I am thinking about it......
Old 10-23-2002, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors??? (2 B 4GO10)

i got my motor from them, drove up to montreal to get it too. they included shift linkage with my swap.

-Sean
Old 10-23-2002, 07:38 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors??? (irunfromcops)

i got my motor from them, drove up to montreal to get it too. they included shift linkage with my swap.

-Sean
Hey Irunfromcops dude,

many people here need to know a little more about their business you visited? Can you give us more details? Also did you need to pay a customs fee from coming back in the US?
Anything would be helpfull!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors??? (2 B 4GO10)

I have viewed there prices and they are low as hell. I haven't heard anything bad about them. I'd buy from them. There prices are among the best that I have seen yet.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors??? (SILINITY16)

this has been posted over and over again this week, here is the link to the other thread, i'll also give it another bump since there seems to be alot of interest.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=306089

-Sean
Old 10-23-2002, 02:11 PM

thanks sean.... tell me how it runs once you get it in.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors??? (Osakamotor)

hey mark, it will most likely be fully re-built before it goes in so i may prove to be a bad example
Old 10-23-2002, 03:07 PM

you wanna fully rebuild it????? are you nuts... damn it must be nice to have money
Old 10-23-2002, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well not fully re-build just pistons, head gasket, clutch, flywheel, water pump, timing belt, etc. just all the random **** that i don't want to have to worry about. i got the whole winter to screw with the thing i might as well do it right the first time.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:48 PM

like i said must be nice to have money, spend 4200 plus coming to get and then more money to rebuild the puppy, as you can see, i am jealous i sell them but it does not mean i get to have one in my car
Old 10-23-2002, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well we all are in the same boat.. i'd rather wait a winter and have it done right the first time.

i'm curious is this Hazis or joe replying or a new guy ?

give me a shout guys' i'm heading over again in feb i'm going to drop in to check out your new shop, from the pictures it looks good

-G
Old 10-23-2002, 04:06 PM

i am net sales, lol joe or haziz on a computer thats funny, my name is mark, if you have been at the old warehouse you might of saw me. But ya the new warehouse is nice, alot bigger and easier to move around in.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

like i said must be nice to have money, spend 4200 plus coming to get and then more money to rebuild the puppy, as you can see, i am jealous i sell them but it does not mean i get to have one in my car
yea i'm pretty much broke at the moment and my alcoholism has hit since buying a motor i've decided cut my drinking down to only one night a week to save money for mods
Old 10-23-2002, 05:25 PM

I just ordered a B16A2 with LSD from Osaka. Mark was very helpful and even sent me a photo of the engine I was ordering. Very nice and informative.

I asked for photos from hmotorsonline and was told "they are on the way", never heard a thing. Talked to IAS, $$$$$$! Other shops said send us money and we'll send a photo.

Paid by wire transfer. Will take photos and post pictures.

http://www.osakajdmmotors.com/engines/b16a2.html
Old 10-23-2002, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors??? (Yessirrom)

yeah guys i've ordered several from them... totall i beleive is 6... all motors were excellent shape. I even got sensors that were replaced because in the orginal shipping they were broken. (tps etc). The Gsr I got that was carbonned was good because was from an automatic and was likely a week-end grocery getter, after a couple good runs landed a 14.3 quarter with small bolt (I/E/NOCAT) on's in a EG pretty respectible times with lsd. mind you this is at sea level first time at the track with 16"'s....

h22a I received still had the factory honing marks and the pistons didn't even change color (silver all around even around pin's)... I'm going to take pic'ts of it to prove how good of shape it was... and i didn't pick it, they shipped it out so they ensured i got a good motor.. although this one was also carbonned on the exaust side of the ports.. but that's good because the motor wasn't reved alot (abused) the cap rotor when mesured with the new, with the valve lash, etc it was good.. and to top it off.. i decided to test the ring gap.. new is 0.014 service limit is 0.025 mine were at 0.015 ( i couldn't beleive it) so i put the ring in the other cylinders with the same results) so this was by far an old beat up motor... the thrust washer on the crank was mint !!! no a scratch, dent or nothing.. so the crank didn't take a beating, nor did the cylinders and the head was a bit carbonned... which sums it to an automatic that didn't rev much and most likely had around 10-20k miles... even the rocker arm assembly.. upon inspection looks like vtec never came on...if so once or twice)...

I'm extremely happy with my motor and wouldn't hesistate for another purchase which will be soon.

We are a shop and did many swaps so far bad luck... I can take pics of my motor if anybody does ask...

came with a genuine honda filter (all motors came with those)

the only thing was my h22a came with a scratch on the valve cover (big deal) i'd rather have a scratch and a seriously mint motor than a nice shinny one that higher miles... doens't matter cause i highly polished my valve cover so no biggy!!

I even my got my MUGEN exaust and MUGEN header from them....

USED but LIKe new... i can get pictures of those also.....

just thought my other post didn't rectify my findings enough.. and should be better described...

just looking out for ya !!

i'm happy and if you see my pictures i'm sure you'll agree that quality is well worth it....

think about it... do you think a person wouldn't drive 11 hours to pick up a motor if he didn't have complete trust in them ????

I can provide picks upon request...

Old 10-23-2002, 05:56 PM

thanks...... as long as you are happy, hey we are going to start do this promotion sort of thing....... for ppl that drive into canada to pick up a swap we will be offering other items very cheap, as you said we do carry jasma headers, mugen exhaust etc, so for those its sort of like a bonus if the buyer feels like they want them, not free... but at a good deal , once again thanks for the kind words. I will have to tell Joe about you, whats your shops name? i will get him to cut you a deal on your next motor and thats not a joke either.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahahah ... Hazis knows' me very well, joe also.. let's just say I offered them my summer retreat that's directly on the beach on the atlantic coast for a couple weeks next summer when do they come down on vacation and to visit the shop etc...

my gift to them for the service I received!
Old 10-23-2002, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

valve cover off:

thanks again guys i'll try to keep pics coming as i go through the tear down, a lot of people have been PMing me for pics and info on the motor! Looks like you guys should see a decent jump in business since you seem to be blowing up on here thanks again to mark, joe and everyone at Osaka.

-Sean
Old 10-24-2002, 05:47 PM

thanks.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:32 AM

up

Quick Reply: Anyone know about Osaka JDM Motors???