Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 civic hatch with a 95 integra gsr engine swap issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 civic hatch with a 95 integra gsr engine swap issues

Hey guys, I am having issues with my swap and would really like so advice or at least so direction to go with if what I am currently doing does not work. I will give some history on the car and then what I have been doing to troubleshoot the issue I am having.

I picked up this car last year. I knew that it was an auto-manual swap along with having a B16a in it. I thought that it was an OBD-1 engine, but I had doubts about that when I sold the engine. It could have possibly been an OBD-0 engine. Regardless, so that is the background, the fuse box under the dash was a mess, along with a removed alarm system (to further complicate the issue).

So now I have the engine fully into the car, I have rechecked everything to make sure it is hooked up properly. I don't have an oxygen sensor currently, but that should not prevent the car from starting.

so this is what has been discussed (summed up) on another forum - The car is getting fuel, The car won't turn over when I turn the key fully in the ignition. The Gauge cluster is getting power and everything in the dash has power.

1. tried starting car - no clicks
2. Jumped starter - it moves the flywheel
3. Swapped between two ECUs. a chipped P28 and a P72 stock
4. checked voltage across the battery - 12.3 volts
5. swapped out the ignitions on the steering wheel to see if it is the ignition switch. Both were working before I did the engine swap - both did not work.
6. test the clutch interlock for continuity - no power from the Blk/Wht wire
7. AT gear selector, on that plug I jumped the Blk/Red (pin 11) to the Blk/Wht (pin 10). This effectively bypassed my park/neutral starter interlock
8. Heard a faint click from the engine bay (was not fuel pressure building up, I know that for a fact) so tried jump starting the car - Did not work
9. check continuity across the Blk/Wht wire under the dash. - I am getting no reading by the center console.
10. following the wire to its origin and testing it along the way (along with the grounds on the chassis to make sure they are working properly. . . ) - in progress

Guys any other experiences or run ins with this issue would surely help out. It would be nice to get this vehicle finally up and running. Thanks for all the help so far : )

Modified by EG6_Axle at 12:16 PM 8/7/2008
Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So your not getting any fuel to the starter? Try starting the car by jumping the starter and putting the key in the II position.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hanmin)

Sorry, I did not make myself clearer there. I have a problem doing that. I am getting fuel to the engine. I am not able to get the car started using the ignition. I get power in the dash. i.e. buzzing sounds with keys in the ignition, gauge cluster fully lighting up. But when I go to turn the key fully, I am getting no click or attempt for the starter to start the car.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the white thing off of your ignition and turn the thing slowly. With my old eg if I turned the thing all the way to the end, it wont start. but if i turned it a couple of hairs before the end itll crank right up.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hanmin)

Thanks mate, was just about to try that after I jumped the Blk/Wht to Blk/Red wires on the wiring harness by what use to be the automatic selector and it started right up.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (EG6_Axle)

so did it start yet? try moving the power wire from the battery to the starter around or try to loosen it a little, but before doing that, take the negative wire off first.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lilo_goki)

yeah it started right up.