Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 step launch control

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 step launch control

I'm getting an obd1 ecu for my 91 ls turbo crx. And I was wondering how exactly launch control works and if i should get it. Does the launch control come on when your completely stopped and rev it with the clutch in then does it go away when you let out the clutch?
Old 12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you have hondata put a on always on and set it to disable at 1mph no higher

or you can hook it up to the e-brake or clutch with msd or hondata

i have mines on always on set to 6500 rpm's to spool the turbo after 1 mph it go's off

search launch control on youtube
Old 12-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anti-lag, launch control

Retarding ignition
The throttle bypass/throttle solenoid system is combined with ignition retardation and slight fuel enrichment (mainly to provide cooling), typically ignition occurs at 35-45° ATDC. This late ignition causes very little expansion of the gas in the cylinder; hence the pressure and temperature will still be very high when the exhaust valve opens. At the same time, the amount of torque delivered to the crankshaft will be very small (just enough to keep the engine running). The higher exhaust pressure and temperature combined with the increased mass flow is enough to keep the turbocharger spinning at high speed thus reducing lag. When the throttle is opened up again the ignition and fuel injection goes back to normal operation. Since many engine components are exposed to very high temperatures during ALS operation and also high pressure pulses, this kind of system is very hard on the engine and turbocharger. For the latter not only the high temperatures are a problem but also the uncontrolled turbo speeds which can quickly destroy the turbocharger. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-lag

you should provably get your car tuned
Old 12-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im using hondata launch control with the anti-lag cut off

hondata anti-lag suck and you dont need it and it build more boost with it off