Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 SERIOUS PROBLEMS!!!!! h22a swap !

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 SERIOUS PROBLEMS!!!!! h22a swap !

Info: 93 Honda Accord EX
94 JDM Honda Prelude Motor w/lsd transmission

Problem 1. No VTEC.. This has got to be the worst part for anyone doing a swap. You put all that hard work into the motor and getting it started and just at that moment your supposto hear a very loud noise coming from yoru intake its not there!! WTF! I have a check engine code #22. Vtec pressure sensor. Weve tried everything. all pins and wires are connected correctly into ecu. What is wrong?

Problem 2. This one is a little more serious. when make a left turn, i have this bad vibration coming from the front end. The thing is, its not there when im stopped and cut the wheel all the way to the left and start to drive. its only there when im picking up speed. the passenger axle may be rubbing on the strut but im not sure. please help.

Ill never do a swap again myself!!
Old 04-16-2003, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2 SERIOUS PROBLEMS!!!!! h22a swap ! (DreamzAccord)

For your vtec, use a volmeter to make sure you don't have a short in the wire somewhere, it might be touching something somewhere.

also, maybe the gasket on the vtec pressure switch is bad. There's a small screen in it that could get clogged and woluldn't be able to build enough pressure for vtec to happen. If none of these work, try the vtec solenoid, it might not work, or the gasket it has could be bad.

Not sure about the vibration on your passenger side, maybe your axle is bent?
Old 04-16-2003, 06:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DreamzAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Info: 93 Honda Accord EX
94 JDM Honda Prelude Motor w/lsd transmission

Problem 1. No VTEC.. This has got to be the worst part for anyone doing a swap. You put all that hard work into the motor and getting it started and just at that moment your supposto hear a very loud noise coming from yoru intake its not there!! WTF! I have a check engine code #22. Vtec pressure sensor. Weve tried everything. all pins and wires are connected correctly into ecu. What is wrong?

Problem 2. This one is a little more serious. when make a left turn, i have this bad vibration coming from the front end. The thing is, its not there when im stopped and cut the wheel all the way to the left and start to drive. its only there when im picking up speed. the passenger axle may be rubbing on the strut but im not sure. please help.

Ill never do a swap again myself!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

1. might be that you have a bad switch,

2. Check that your axels are not slipping out of place. Are they shortened axels or those horrible monstrosities that people make from the Intega/Accord axels? Sometimes they start to pull out when you corner. Mine did until I just maned up and bought the $400/side custom axels.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:24 AM

Default Re: 2 SERIOUS PROBLEMS!!!!! h22a swap ! (jacobyb)

My friends trans does something similar. Makes a weird vibrating/rubbing noise. He took it to a shop and they told him that something was wrong with his LSD but it wouldnt mess anything up bad unless he was really hard on it. Eventually he will have to replace it. Maybe yours isnt the same noise. Lets hope not anyways
Old 04-16-2003, 08:21 AM

Default Re: 2 SERIOUS PROBLEMS!!!!! h22a swap ! (ZigenGSR)

make sure theres enough oil in your engine..
Old 04-16-2003, 10:41 AM

Perhaps problem #2 is the CV joint on the axle.

Mark
Old 04-16-2003, 10:47 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Problem #1: Code 22 is your oil pressure switch. Make sure you have a good shielded wire going directly from the sensor to the ECU with no breaks in the line. it should plug into D6 on the ECU (blu/blk wire).

Problem #2: What forks are you using on your shocks? Are they rubbing that? You may need to swap them out and use larger ones, like from a 94+ Integra or 94+ Accord or 92+ Prelude. Also read this for some additional ideas of what to look for: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=434668