Honda S2000 Honda S2000

TC Design Toe Link Kit FAILURE

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted tony and he is being very cooperative. He is having me take my car to a reputable body shop tomorrow and to get a quote. I will keep everyone posted, and I appreciate all your help and support. I will even take pictures of the final result!

Modified by efinity at 10:27 PM 4/10/2006
Old 04-06-2006, 04:08 PM

See that wasn't hard was it?

Thats all we wanted (and specificly what I said to you in PM when I removed your post) before "us ******** that run s2ki" put your post back. I'd rather have some closure on the matter and let people see what happened instead of people posting speculation and making assumptions without having all the details.

-Rylan
Old 04-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (krazik)

i love the ending of this thread ... happy ending .. ROFL

and now efinity is happily ever after .... HAHAHHAHA

Old 04-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TC Design Toe Link Kit FAILURE (Honda S2000)

lmao

good stuff
Old 04-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Congrats!!!

At least your situation turned out to be better then mine.

SRD replaced a blown motor in my car, less then 2 weeks later it spun a bearing. I had them replace the motor & they charged me for a second motor.

They only gave me 1/2 off the motor cost & a nice half *** install.

Have someone else repair your car & them pay for it.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beandip)

What exactly failed? Did it fail at a weld?
Old 04-06-2006, 08:37 PM

Default Re: (essex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by essex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What exactly failed? Did it fail at a weld?</TD></TR></TABLE>

bro, take a minute and read the whole thread again.. geez everyone here is caught up BUT you. hehe
Old 04-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Something failed?

bwhahahaha
Old 04-06-2006, 10:14 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (beandip)

[QUOTE=beandip]

They only gave me 1/2 off the motor cost & a nice half *** install.

[/QUOTE

You get what you pay for.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hfmjic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Question: When did you last dyno the car? Give you two guesses where the douche running the dyno probably put the straps.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I blame it on that. I've personally seen damage done to toe control rods from lazy or stupid dyno operators. The way that piece failed looks like that is what happened.

Either way, it looks like everything is being resolved.

-Andrew
Old 04-07-2006, 05:13 AM

Default Re: (krazik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krazik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

"us ******** that run s2ki" put your post back.

-Rylan</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont think I call you a *******. I belive it was... Whats that word?

Oh... Bitch, thats the word I was looking for
Old 04-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AP12001)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AP12001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bro, take a minute and read the whole thread again.. geez everyone here is caught up BUT you. hehe</TD></TR></TABLE>

I asked what exactly failed? All I see is the picture of the shaft posted and I read all 4 pages and I didn't find the answer.

That link looks like it's solid...is it solid or tube?

Did it fail at a weld?

If these links are failing are they binding up ...is that why they are failing?

So again if you can post up the other pice thats probaly still attached to the car it'd be nice to look at.

Everyone is happy he got his deal but no one is curious what is wrong with their link? That link from the pic on the tc site isn't a complicated piece from what I can see so I'm real curious why it would snap like that as I'm pretty sure these guys know enough to make sure it's not binding up.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:12 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkturbos2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont think I call you a *******. I belive it was... Whats that word?

Oh... Bitch, thats the word I was looking for </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkturbos2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...This is why I dont go onto S2ki. Most of the Mods are a bunch of bitches, like YOU. ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

BITCHES, man... it's plural. that's minus 5 whp for you and your car.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by essex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I asked what exactly failed? All I see is the picture of the shaft posted and I read all 4 pages and I didn't find the answer.

That link looks like it's solid...is it solid or tube?

Did it fail at a weld?

If these links are failing are they binding up ...is that why they are failing?

So again if you can post up the other pice thats probaly still attached to the car it'd be nice to look at.

Everyone is happy he got his deal but no one is curious what is wrong with their link? That link from the pic on the tc site isn't a complicated piece from what I can see so I'm real curious why it would snap like that as I'm pretty sure these guys know enough to make sure it's not binding up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so you "read" all 4 pages and STILL don't know what's going on, huh? im amazed.. but regardless, ill help you fully understand what happened.

call up Tony Colicchio at 408-956-1526. Tell him you want to order the "TC Toe Link". Oh, and make sure you say that you heard about it in the Honda-Tech S2000 forum. When you get it, install it then just drive it casually in the track or in the street. We'll be expecting you back here with 'results'.

Now giddy up and get that TC Toe Link. I heard there's a group buy going on where you get a free complimentary flux capacitor with your purchase.

(sorry for the sarcastic tone. i just dont understand how someone can read 4 pages of this thread and STILL NOT KNOW WTF is going on)
Old 04-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Buddy I have a feeling you don't know what/why it exactly failed either judging from your response. If you do can you post it in your next response? In that response include one of these words HAZ , Weld , bind.

Oh and if you still don't understand I am asking what failed on the link.

Edit: if someone could respond who doesn't need others to tell him how a shift **** feels it would be nice.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by essex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Buddy I have a feeling you don't know what/why it exactly failed either judging from your response. If you do can you post it in your next response? In that response include one of these words HAZ , Weld , bind.

Oh and if you still don't understand I am asking what failed on the link.

Edit: if someone could respond who doesn't need others to tell him how a shift **** feels it would be nice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by efinity &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This catastrophe was due to the failure of the toe link. The car was traveling down a straight road and the broken toe-link caused it to suddenly changed direction. The change of toe in the rear from the rear tire splaying out at 45 degrees is indicated but the flat spot on the tire and the 30 yard skidmark. I feel that TC Design is to be held accountable for their negligence. I hope to work out a resolution with TC Design to be indemnified for all damages incurred from this incident.</TD></TR></TABLE>

listen BUDDY, i dont understand how you can't understand that the toe link failed. efinity meant that it snapped. and NO, the toe link didnt fail an exam. it failed by snapping when it should have had snapped. (you still dont get it?)

if you call Tony, you can ask the man yourself. That's his TC toe link. i have no idea how Tony conducted his R&D on that piece. you can throw in the HAZ, weld, and bind terminology that you're talking about. im sure he would know those things.

so do us a favor. call tony. ask him your specific toe link questions. as for the shift ****, you dont need to tell us where you've been sticking your **** in. that's your business, not ours.

and for Tony and efinity for FINALLY getting in contact with each other and resolving this issue. let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ha ha holy **** you don't even know what time it is and you respond. You have to quote the guys description of what happened and it tells me nothing about what exactly broke besides the link. Are you not curious to why **** brakes because obviously TC isn't. So you might want to take 5 minutes and check out why this thing broke because there will be some other company come along in a month or 2 and make up the same piece and everyone is going to take their word that it is a proven piece and the same thing is going to happen.

Please go back to playing with your polished shift *****.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:51 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by essex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ha ha holy **** you don't even know what time it is and you respond. You have to quote the guys description of what happened and it tells me nothing about what exactly broke besides the link. Are you not curious to why **** brakes because obviously TC isn't. So you might want to take 5 minutes and check out why this thing broke because there will be some other company come along in a month or 2 and make up the same piece and everyone is going to take their word that it is a proven piece and the same thing is going to happen.

Please go back to playing with your polished shift *****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, now you're making fun of TC and their products. how can you say that "Are you not curious to why **** brakes because obviously TC isn't" you work for them, don't you? you're not supposed to tell us what happens during your R&D phase. and why are you asking me why it broke? ASK TONY!

and no one said anything about playing with shift *****. other than YOU. this is NOT the BDSM forum, little girl. so take your lame *** 'essex' stage name and lesbian icon outta here. lol

Modified by AP12001 at 12:21 PM 4/7/2006
Old 04-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AP12001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok, now you're making fun of TC and their products. how can you say that "Are you not curious to why **** brakes because obviously TC isn't" you work for them, don't you? you're not supposed to tell us what happens during your R&D phase. and why are you asking me why it broke? ASK TONY! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, so you are saying you don't know? Why don't you just say you don't know instead of wasting everyones time and the sites bandwidth? If anything you are the one who sounds like they are in bed with Tony, trying to play this off like it never happend. Good Job
Old 04-07-2006, 08:20 AM

Essex, Please do not bring me down to the level of some individuals on this board. The part that broke was the tie-rod adapter that installs in the upright. We care very much about what broke and how it broke. In fact we have been making a redisigned part for over a year now. It is not a bind issue. If you have any further questions you can contact me directly for answers, not the BS that some of the members of this board fling around.

-Tony Colicchio
Old 04-07-2006, 08:27 AM

Default Re: (TC DESIGN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by essex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, so you are saying you don't know? Why don't you just say you don't know instead of wasting everyones time and the sites bandwidth? If anything you are the one who sounds like they are in bed with Tony, trying to play this off like it never happend. Good Job </TD></TR></TABLE>

wait, was i the one that read all 4 pages and still didnt know what was going on? u dumb *** imbecile. take your **** fetish outta here.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TC DESIGN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Essex, Please do not bring me down to the level of some individuals on this board. The part that broke was the tie-rod adapter that installs in the upright. We care very much about what broke and how it broke. In fact we have been making a redisigned part for over a year now. It is not a bind issue. If you have any further questions you can contact me directly for answers, not the BS that some of the members of this board fling around.

-Tony Colicchio
</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's good news Tony. we salute your work. we sure hope essex got her questions answered even though you didn't mention "HAZ" and "weld" as essex would have wanted you to.

oh, by the way, any updates on efinity's body shop estimates?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TC DESIGN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> The part that broke was the tie-rod adapter
</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK thanks , thats all I wanted to know and that wasn't posted anywhere in this topic.

Congrats on your Third In Class and magazine apperance.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:33 AM

AP12001,

None of the details will be made public by either party.

-Tony Colicchio
Old 04-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AP12001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
oh, and for everyone else that's confused about where this part goes, could someone take a picture and show where this part is supposed to be in? im curious.</TD></TR></TABLE>

One last post...just for me. So you are saying you don't even know what we are talking about besides what you see in the picture...lol. I guess you are really an 06 member.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TC DESIGN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AP12001,

-Tony Colicchio</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's cool. i guess we'll just wait for efinity to post up before and after pics of his AP.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by essex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One last post...just for me. So you are saying you don't even know what we are talking about besides what you see in the picture...lol. I guess you are really a 06 member.</TD></TR></TABLE>

only efinity knows where it exactly broke and extent of the suspension damage it caused.

ive been on this thing since '02. i changed names since i bought the s2k this year. sucks to be wrong like you. give it up, essex. TC is helping out efinity. that's all we care about in this situation.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TC DESIGN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AP12001,

-Tony Colicchio</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why not? I understand why you would not want people to know, I assume that in the deal he could not talk to anyone else about this. Thats cool. As long as you guys are helping him out then good luck to both of you.

I am a parts mang at a very large bodyshop in Va. His car was hurt, but could be fixed. We do see a bunch of dumbass s2k drivers that just stab the gas ad hit walls. I get a s2k every month or so, its sad

P.S. I hope we can still be friends

Quick Reply: TC Design Toe Link Kit FAILURE