Honda S2000 Honda S2000

please help with wheels.....IT WOULD BE NICE.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help with wheels.....IT WOULD BE NICE.

i bought a set of axis reverb wheel 18''
front 8.5 with 45 offset
rear 9.5 with 55 offset
tire 225 40 18 front
tires 255 35 18 rear

PROBLEM IS.......FRONT STICK OUT ALMOST 1/2 INCH FROM THE FENDER LIKE A 4X4

REAR......FIT TIGHT BUT OK UNTIL I HIT A POTHOLE AND IT TOOK MY BACK BUMPER OF THE CORNER CLIP.........IM SOOOOO PISSSED..

AND NOW I CANT BRING THEM BACK APPARENTLY.........THE TIRES ARE NOT SCUFFED AND THE MAGS ARE NOT SCRATCHED.........I PUT 20 K ON THEM.

I JUST CANT BELIEVE THE PEOPLE'S SERVICE THESE DAYS....
WHEN I OREDERED,,,I ASKED FOR A SET UP FOR AP1 AND THEY SAID THESE.....I DIDNT TELL THEM SO I HAVE RIGHT TO BRING THEM BACK NO?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Re: please help with wheels.....IT WOULD BE NICE. (civel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bought a set of axis reverb wheel 18''
front 8.5 with 45 offset
rear 9.5 with 55 offset
tire 225 40 18 front
tires 255 35 18 rear

PROBLEM IS.......FRONT STICK OUT ALMOST 1/2 INCH FROM THE FENDER LIKE A 4X4

REAR......FIT TIGHT BUT OK UNTIL I HIT A POTHOLE AND IT TOOK MY BACK BUMPER OF THE CORNER CLIP.........IM SOOOOO PISSSED..

AND NOW I CANT BRING THEM BACK APPARENTLY.........THE TIRES ARE NOT SCUFFED AND THE MAGS ARE NOT SCRATCHED.........I PUT 20 K ON THEM.

I JUST CANT BELIEVE THE PEOPLE'S SERVICE THESE DAYS....
WHEN I OREDERED,,,I ASKED FOR A SET UP FOR AP1 AND THEY SAID THESE.....I DIDNT TELL THEM SO I HAVE RIGHT TO BRING THEM BACK NO?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What kind of help do you need? You obviously got the wrong wheels for your car. It all depends on the customer service of the shop you ordered your wheels from.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the shop said these would work, take it back and show them it doesn't. they shouldn't exchange the wheels for you to something that works.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: please help with wheels.....IT WOULD BE NICE. (Nishant)

There is a ton of literature on what offsets are available for this car. Did you not read up? If you have been interested in cars for any longer than a month or so, you should know that aftermarket automotive companies provide the absolute worst customer service on the planet.

Plus, you've driven 20,000 miles on them like this and you think you are entitled to something? Please.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Re: please help with wheels.....IT WOULD BE NICE. (camera obscura)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by camera obscura &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is a ton of literature on what offsets are available for this car. Did you not read up? If you have been interested in cars for any longer than a month or so, you should know that aftermarket automotive companies provide the absolute worst customer service on the planet.

Plus, you've driven 20,000 miles on them like this and you think you are entitled to something? Please.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i hate to tell you, but your pretty screwed man. cam obscura is right though. The automtoive industry has one of the worst customer services possible. There are shops out there that will tell you what you want to hear just to make a sale while others are true and hold up to there names. How do I know?

i work at a shop myself and i see this happening all the time. I for one have never gave off a sale not knowing what the circumstances are.

sadly to say, but there not gonna take a hit for anything due to "operator error." Your stuck.

your best bet?

make these fit or sell em. There are many ways to go around and make these fit such as running a stretch tire,negative camber, or rolling of the fender which it seems you have not even done any of this.

It is a moderate offset but its not anythign crazy. This can be corrected with plenty ease if your wheel savy
Old 05-23-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: please help with wheels.....IT WOULD BE NICE. (OBSeRiouso)

not 20.000 miles........20 miles only,,,,,,and yes i did read up for a while i have 2 s2ooo's i know there hard to fing wheels for but when u call a mag place and they say these are the wheels for the car i trust them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but in this case i trusted them to fukc me.....
Old 05-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No one f'ed you but your self. You think some company in a magazine has read up on and references the recommended offsets for the Honda S2000? All they see and understand are matching bolt patterns.

BTW, why in your original post did you state 20K miles?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:00 PM

Default Re: please help with wheels.....IT WOULD BE NICE. (camera obscura)

he is from montreal, so the k most likely meant kilometers.

as for the rims you bought, you should talk to them about exchanging them for a wheel that will fit. if they don't exchange them, then do like the guys mentioned above. either sell em and get new ones, or modify the car a little bit to fit them.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not 20.000 miles........20 miles only,,,,,,and yes i did read up for a while i have 2 s2ooo's i know there hard to fing wheels for but when u call a mag place and they say these are the wheels for the car i trust them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but in this case i trusted them to fukc me.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

im sorry for what happen but you should've known what you were getting yourself into.

There are plenty of wheels that you can buy that will fit our cars with plenty ease. It's just the matter of forking up the cashflow for em'. wheels such as Work, Volk, Jline, Kinesis, yadya yadya ya that'll fit to our exact specfications when needed.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Re: please help with wheels.....IT WOULD BE NICE. (SilverStone)

so they call me today to tell me that they'll get a new size up front but for 300.00 im like no freakn way,i know **** happeneds but not at my cost.the price is for shipping,,,,,,bull,i bought ap2 wheels of ebay and shipping was 120 can 4 ties and 4 wheels.,,,,,,,,,,,iv'e read what you guy's wrote its cool but im not letting down for this one.......i ordered wheels for an ap1 and im going to get paid back or other wheels,,,,,,,,im soooo pissed,there not getting away with this one...............

guy's my back bumper came un clipped from a pot hole thats not right and over here are streets are like acne.