Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Clutch / Trans Problem, help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch / Trans Problem, help!

I will try to describe the situation as best as possible, hopefully someone here can help me brainstorm or find the problem before i have to take it to the stealership to get fixed.

So tonight driving home from class i noticed a strange feeling in the clutch pedal, it felt as though something was scraping on it or there was interference with it. When i was stopped at a stoplight, car in neutral and clutch pedal out, it was making a strange whining noise. Shifted fine and drove fine, just had an odd noise and strange feel to the pedal.

After working out i come to leave the gym and i start the car for my buddy who i ran into to see what he thought. Clutch pedal felt fine when the car was not running. Started the car and it sounded as though something was scraping, metal on metal i suppose. Sounded aweful, loud, a horrible noise. When the clutch pedal was pushed in the nosie changed but did not go away. While motor was running the clutch felt awkward again.

Turn car off.

Talk for a few minutes to buddy. Tells me to drive straight home and not drive it until we figure out the problem.

Start car again, noise starts, but also heard a clunk or something snap. Go to let out clutch and it is stuck to the floor. Turn car off, pull pedal off the ground.

Talk to buddy again and he says he had a similar problem in his mx6 and we could fix it over the weekend, i remember how he drove his car when he had the problem. Go to push clutch in to start car again, and the clutch pedal wont move. As the car sits it is in neutral, clutch out. Cant shift, cant press clutch.

Any suggestions or comments greatly appreciated. The car is in South County right now. I need help badly.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch / Trans Problem, help! (InteGSR01)

master cylinder?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Clutch / Trans Problem, help! (dagle)

dont think that would cause the noise that it made. it went through my head when the pedal stuck, but now its stuck up, cant push on it at all..
Old 10-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch / Trans Problem, help! (InteGSR01)

go look for the signs, when my MC went out my pedal went dead and it grinded when i tried shifting into gear.. and my brake pedal wouldnt go down.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Clutch / Trans Problem, help! (dagle)

this didnt grind at all shifting, just made noise, and clutch pedal felt awkward. brake work fine.