Honda S2000 Honda S2000

can i get these wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i get these wheels

im getting le28n's for my S
17x8 +55 front
18x9.5 rear but i dont know what offset they only offer +38 and +45 so i dont know if i can get these or not please help
Old 12-27-2003, 09:40 AM
KLN

Default Re: can i get these wheels (egcivicturbo)

i don't know why you want to go with two different size rims for the front and rear, but those offsets look kind of low and you might have some rubbing issues if you're lowered...(if those sizes even fit). I think most people will agree that it is best to stick with the same size rim in the front and rear.

volk recommends these sizes and offsets for the s2000:

17x7.5 +50 offset
17x9 +63 offset

or

18x7.5 +50 offset
18x8.5 +47 offset
Old 12-27-2003, 09:57 AM

Default Re: can i get these wheels (KLN)

well i allready know of people running 17x8 +55 offset in the front but whats wrong with running different sizes front and rear?
Old 12-27-2003, 02:31 PM
KLN

Default Re: can i get these wheels (egcivicturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egcivicturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i allready know of people running 17x8 +55 offset in the front but whats wrong with running different sizes front and rear?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't know if there is really anything wrong with it, but i'm assuming it will throw the balance of the car off and create worse handling. I honestly don't have a "for sure" answer, but i have never seen or heard of anyone running two different size rims on the s2000.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KLN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i don't know if there is really anything wrong with it, but i'm assuming it will throw the balance of the car off and create worse handling. I honestly don't have a "for sure" answer, but i have never seen or heard of anyone running two different size rims on the s2000.</TD></TR></TABLE>

is this a joke? do you realize that the S2000 comes from the factory with two different rims sizes?

not to bash you at all, but there have been many threads, many discussions and many articles written as to why you want to keep them staggard (different sizes)

as for the topic on hand, the sizes look fine, but not for the rear offsets. those will stick out too far. it's a difficult offset to find, but keep looking.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:22 PM

Default Re: can i get these wheels (Mr. Bagel)

i know the fronts will work im just having a problem with the rears
but if i have to go with 17's i will
Old 12-27-2003, 06:51 PM
KLN

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Bagel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

is this a joke? do you realize that the S2000 comes from the factory with two different rims sizes?

not to bash you at all, but there have been many threads, many discussions and many articles written as to why you want to keep them staggard (different sizes)

as for the topic on hand, the sizes look fine, but not for the rear offsets. those will stick out too far. it's a difficult offset to find, but keep looking.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, i know that the s2000 comes with different size rims as far as being staggard [larger width in the rear than the front]. I am referring to him wanting to put 17" rims in the front and 18" in the rears. Tell me how many articles, threads, etc you have read about doing that?

Maybe my post was unclear as of what i meant about "different size rims", but honestly i have never read/seen anyone who is running a 17" rim for the fronts and 18" rims for the rear.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:32 AM

you should read up on the guys that have used NSX wheels. while not optimal, they do work fine.

others have tried similar setups and have had no problem. of course, they aren't out there road racing, but it doesn't have any ill effects like having non-staggard wheel sizes.

your posts were vague and that is why I could not understand what you were referring to, and I'd only assume you were talking about different widths, not diameters.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Bs2kB6

in one of those racing videos japan has, i think it was the touge showdown 2 with the TYPE R and the Silvia, and they used 15 in the front and 16 in the back or vis versa because they said they found the best handling with that setup. so I am guessing it is better to use that and there is nothing wrong with that setup. i do have a question though, how does this offset crap work? i dont get it. if someone can explain it, that will be nice, thanks.
Old 12-28-2003, 11:06 AM

Default Re: can i get these wheels (Bs2kB6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bs2kB6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i do have a question though, how does this offset crap work? </TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.htm
Old 12-28-2003, 11:14 AM
Bs2kB6

thanks for the link.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KLN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Maybe my post was unclear as of what i meant about "different size rims", but honestly i have never read/seen anyone who is running a 17" rim for the fronts and 18" rims for the rear.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The new Dodge Viper and Ford GT come with different diamter wheels from the factory. 18x10f and 19x13r for the Viper.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:15 PM
KLN

Default Re: can i get these wheels (jolt-tsp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jolt-tsp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The new Dodge Viper and Ford GT come with different diamter wheels from the factory. 18x10f and 19x13r for the Viper.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know that OTHER cars come with different size (diameter) rims...like the NSX. I posted my comments about the S2000 only! As you can see in my first post i gave him the rim sizes, widths, and offsets that volks recommends and sells for the S2000.

I never said that he couldn't run 17" rims in the front and 18" rims in the rear, but as being an S2000 owner for about 1.5 years the MAJORITY of owners are running the same size (diameter) rims like 17" all around.

He never did make his post very clear about if these were for show or performance, so i just thought i would try to help out and let him know what MOST people who have volks are running those sizes that i listed.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree that what most people are running are great for their application, and most likely his. Just saying thats it's not unheard of to have varying wheel diameters.

From what I've read, the reason for a larger diameter wheel is to maintain more constant pressure for tires with increased width and therefore lower the possibility of distortion of the membrane. Membrane distortion will also distort the equilibrium that the tire finds, which directly affects the contact patch in a negative way. So for higher width applications you would also want to increase the diameter of the wheel to lessen the chance of buckling, and increase the stability of the tire, as there is less air to compress.

With an increase of 1.5" width from the front, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a larger diameter as well in the rear. It may not help either though. If he gets tires with stiff sidewalls, like victoracers or soemthing there shouldn't be much need for the larger wheel in the rear, but for some street tires with more comfort oriented sidewalls, the larger diameter would help more dramatically.

Anyway, I'm not really sure how accurate all that is, because it's just what I've read. I haven't had the money to experiment myself with different sized wheels on a rwd car yet.