Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Time for my H23vtec build

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Time for my H23vtec build

Originally Posted by flyrod
Looks good so far. Is that flywheel an OEM one that's been machined, or is it cut from fresh stock? Good luck with the build.
thanks alot trying to do this right the first time. its and lsd motorsports lightened flywheel i think it was 11 lbs it weighs
Old 03-23-2009, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by HondaTom87
Nice build up so far... cant wait to see it when its done. What ecu are you gunna run and how much is the Bisi Header guna set you back?
thanks alot....i probably going to go p28 and use ectune.if i had bought it in feb it would have been 1150 but they said wait til end of march begining of april and it will be 850...well i figure it will take me about 3 weeks to break in the engine cause its only 15 miles to work and back. so while they making it and ship it i will break it in. by that time it gets here i will install it with 3 inch exhaust and go to the dyno.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:18 AM

bump..any knows where i can get that rdx clip at...
Old 03-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why don't you get the scion clip and solder it in? from what i understood to get it from Acura you had to get the whole harness
Old 03-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ended up buying an engine harness for an MR2 off of eBay for cheap. It had the right connectors for the RDX injectors. I bought the Toyota plugs as well, but they do not come with pins.

BTW, if anyone needs RDX injectors, I'm selling a brand new set.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much for the injectors?

and i thought the plugs were a pigtail for the injectors...hrmmm

are the pins the same? will our pins go right into the yota plug?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by jlude90
why don't you get the scion clip and solder it in? from what i understood to get it from Acura you had to get the whole harness
i said i didn't want to do that cause i would like to have all the clips the same.

Originally Posted by jlude90
and i thought the plugs were a pigtail for the injectors...hrmmm

are the pins the same? will our pins go right into the yota plug?
you have to modify the pins to fit the scion clips to fit on to the injector.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:48 PM

so i got my block this weekend took some pics of it. everything looks to be in great shape and my h22 head from cc's in suppose to get here on this week. everything is starting to get there.
Attached Images      
Old 03-31-2009, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by PirateMcFred
Looking good.
thanks pirate....was wondering if you have ever found that last rdx clip that you couldnt find before. i was looking around and can't find it itself. i pmed rosko but no answer from him yet so i don't know. i am trying to avoid doing the scion mod just to have all the same. and cause let hacking of the harness.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 PM

so i got my cylinder head from cc and it looks awesome. he did a great job. will be connecting the head and block this weekend if i can have to be at work almost this entire weekend so i don't if i will get to do it. hopefully we cancel some flight
Attached Images      
Old 04-01-2009, 08:14 PM

ok so here is my new problem that i just found out tonight. my engine builder call the tuner today and just give a heads up about what going on and if there is any issues with it. well the person comes out and said he willn't tune a 12.5 to 13 compression vehicle all motor. so now this my issue. since the person willn't due it where do i go. i was thinking maybe evans- but that a pretty long drive for me. is there anything in nj or nyc that people would trust and not get screwed going to them.. thanks for the help
Old 04-03-2009, 12:52 PM

i want to make power and i dont want to settle on what he thinks is the most power it will make. I will save some more money and go to either evans tuning or rstech tuning and have them do it. i am not going to give this guy a dollar and have him due a half *** job. i will got to people that have dealt with engines making this compression and tuning it right. i am not saying i have a monster engine but i am not going to have it run ok instead of being great. i want to try to maybe beat 98vtec time so i can't do conservative right now.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet
Old 04-17-2009, 06:29 PM

so everything is pretty much done starting to do the p2v this week hopefully get the motor in the car. for sure wont start this weekend. Honda Day is here and work stops for that....ALL MOTOR FTW. . have had some delays trying to get the header from bisi so i am trying to see what happens with that. the good news i have is am hopefully going to get tuned by a know all motor guy. dont want to say until i know for sure.Not evans. thats pretty much it for now. will let keep you fellas updated.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:47 PM

so i have had some issues getting the header from bisi. there has been some delays with r&d but it suppose to be out by end of may..bisi was pretty cool about explaining the delays and about putting stuff on the market that is R&D complete and not half-azz ...i pretty much finished up everything i need and got some small things that i need to finish my build just got to by a catch can and some axles so i will be good for the finish of this...didn't make it to honda day cause of delays i BETTER be freaking ready by august honda day,,......i be pissed big time..will see what happens.....
Attached Images      
Old 05-11-2009, 01:11 PM

so i tested fit most of the stuff and im getting to final parts left for it. got my catch can from b and r fittings, my thermo qaskets from XXX racing, i found some fuel/air ratio, oil temp, and boost guages from ebay for 50 bucks there glowshift guages black 7 with wiring.... i couldn't past it up and it came in the pod for it also... tq the head down and and bottom end pretty much down all i to start doing is put cams on and valve cover and the other stupid little things left.. and i also found some jdm foglights at a junkyard with the switch and relay for 40 bucks dumb ones didn't know how hard they are to get...
Attached Images      
Old 05-15-2009, 04:28 AM

so head is tq and the IM and TB are tq down. i took a pic of the transition between the tb to im inlet to see how they look and i was pretty happy. and thermogaskets work like a dream. we started putting on injectors and stuff battery died so couldn't take any pics of it so. cams are on and tq. man its really start to come together.hopefully i am tuning 7 of june since i have to go to texas for 1-5 june for work reasons. hey doesn't anybody remember where the race tracks are in dallas or arlington and if there are any events going on around that time.
Attached Images    
Old 05-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good job and nice build up!
Old 05-16-2009, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by flesh199
good job and nice build up!
thanks alot just trying to get this done i want get it on the road...its just the little extra bs things that are left that make it take time before it done..
Old 06-04-2009, 02:08 PM

just a small update..... i have decided to change my header decisions.... I don't want to bash any one but the choice i was going to make before for my header has changed...its r&d has been delayed again til august and i dont have time to wait much longer. i have waited 8months and r&d is still not done umm..... so i have choosen to go with Sigma Six Racing aka SSR.... suggest by jake aka 2FastGSR thanks...... danny said it will be ready in 3 weeks which is great... i can finally get to RSTECH and get this puppy dynoed for street wars 2 at e-town....good luck to jake and randy at mir coming up...
Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Should be fun, looking good..
Old 06-09-2009, 05:51 PM

so yesterday i was on jdm jeffery thread i got a little motiviated to work on my car..... i saw that sexy looking engine bay i decided to start aleast getting all the old dirt and crap that i could get off with out removing every component in the bay..... i didn't have a pressure washer so i had to do it by hand with rags and brake cleaner... there was some serious dirt caked on there and grease and all that other **** i still got some more to go but i took a couple of shots just quick of how it looks now and all the rags i used to get it where it is now.... what you guys think?
Attached Images     
Old 06-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: Time for my H23vtec build

good time to clean the bay,
looks good man.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:56 AM

so its time getting my base map chip from randy at rstech and the crew is crashing at the crib and next couple of days will be busy making sure this puppy is ready to go,, i try to take some pics and a video of it starting if there is time,,,,,i prey it all goes good
Old 07-15-2009, 10:16 AM

so i finally got the motor in the car last week turned it on and had no error codes at all..only issue i had was that the earl's line i was running from the filter to head was leaking and try to JB it and it still leaked so i will have to cut the fittings of and put it on there. i look around and it doesn't seem to hard to put i fitting on.. i am trying to figure out how the heck to get videos on here but I havent learned how to yet. I get my ssr header tom...1 thing I must say is that danny at SSR has one of the best customer services I have ever dealt with in my life. Any thing you need help with he will try his best to help you out. The man was finishing up my header on july 3 at 6pm.. PROPS BIG TIME for that.. just got to start putting on some extra clamps and little bs here and there.. will put my valve cover that with bungs on probably this week also cause since i will start driving it... did alot of removal of components on the bay. PS is gone cruise control is gone (that i am going to miss in my stick car going to the track and just be an automatic for a while LOL...) all the extra hoses that dont need any more..its just has alot more room in the bay.. will take some pics of the header tom if i receive it..
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Time for my H23vtec build