Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

meter fuse broke.. no signals, dash lights, tach or speedo (93 Si)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default meter fuse broke.. no signals, dash lights, tach or speedo (93 Si)

hey guys i was at the mall tonight and when i got into my car i turned on my heater and put the setting to the top vents.. it didnt work so i kind ahit it a lil like i usually do to make it work. i got that working and then as i was leaving the mall my whole dash went out.. my turn singals and reverse lights all dont work. i looked it up when i got home and it turned out to be the Meter fuse (10a) under the dash borad so i replaced it and it worked fine when it was idleing. i went for a drive and about 40 feet from my house it pop again.. so i went back to my house and put another fuse in and drove it around and hit vtec this time so pop.. so i did it AGAIN and drove for about 30 mins with NO vtec and it didnt pop. but it finally did again.. has ANYONE ever had this problem before? again i have a 1993 honda prelude SI (manual)... please respond.. thank you

- shane
Old 11-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: meter fuse broke.. no signals, dash lights, tach or speedo (draconx)

did you take out the stereo recently? or anything of that sort? if it grounds there, it's going to pop a fuse
Old 11-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: meter fuse broke.. no signals, dash lights, tach or speedo (soundbomber)

no i didnt touch that.. the wiring is fine for the stereo.. anyone else?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: meter fuse broke.. no signals, dash lights, tach or speedo (draconx)

Sucks man I am having a similar problem too If I find out what it is I'll let you know
Old 11-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: meter fuse broke.. no signals, dash lights, tach or speedo (anomale)

ur car does the same thing? what happend or what did you do before it happend?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:31 PM

MY gauge lights went out aqlong with the parking lights but my turn, brake, and reverse lights still work I keep blowing a fuse under the hood which is called small lights. I have a 98 tho so it may be a different problem but looking at the wiring diagram it may be one of the multiplex units I need to check that out not sure if your year has the multiplexers in it. Good luck and keep me posted
Old 11-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: meter fuse broke.. no signals, dash lights, tach or speedo (anomale)

ok guys i fixed it.. the fuse is connect to 3 things.. one is the reverse light switch, the other is the reverse light switch, and the third is the ECU (i believe, internal control unit). anywyas i just unplugged the the reverse switch (which is below the dizzy, on top of the tranny) and put a fuse in and then drove it around (and it didnt blow) then i came back and plugged it in and took it around again to make sure it wasnt that (didnt blow again) so i came back again and tried to radio and it still didnt blow so i just hooked up everything and it works now.. i dotn really know what it was but everything works now .. yay for me.. someone try the reverse light switch thing and see if that helps them.. l8r guys

- shane
Old 02-25-2018, 05:03 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by draconx
ok guys i fixed it.. the fuse is connect to 3 things.. one is the reverse light switch, the other is the reverse light switch, and the third is the ECU (i believe, internal control unit). anywyas i just unplugged the the reverse switch (which is below the dizzy, on top of the tranny) and put a fuse in and then drove it around (and it didnt blow) then i came back and plugged it in and took it around again to make sure it wasnt that (didnt blow again) so i came back again and tried to radio and it still didnt blow so i just hooked up everything and it works now.. i dotn really know what it was but everything works now .. yay for me.. someone try the reverse light switch thing and see if that helps them.. l8r guys

- shane
do you know the name of the switch?