Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

The lude is jerking

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The lude is jerking

Hey guys ive got a issue I was hoping yall could help with. Every since I bought my 2000 prelude it's got a bounce/jerk to it. Every time I let off the gas or accelerate hard especially after changing gears. I gotta time it just perfect or it jerks. My first thought was engine mounts bUT I have replaced with no luck. I have replaced everything oem engine mounts, upper and lower balljoints, front bushings, end links, inner outer tie rods, clutch, fly wheel and kyb struts with tein h series springs.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The lude is jerking

Oh I've also replaced axles and intermediate shaft. Hell there's not much left it could be besides transmission. Idk maybe the cheap kyb struts isn't no better than the factory ones. Any got ideas
Old 08-18-2017, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

auto or manual? is it a jerk coming from the engine, does it affect the rpm, does it feel suspension related, any noises, etc. need more details.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by H22Honda98
auto or manual? is it a jerk coming from the engine, does it affect the rpm, does it feel suspension related, any noises, etc. need more details.
It's a manual and feels suspension related or bad engine mounts. The car runs great no mechanical issues at all. When I take off in first the car is fine. But changing in to any gear u gotta time perfectly or it'll jerk. Also when the car is under a load 6k and I let off on it it'll bounce a little or if I m cruising aND smash the gas it'll bounce sometimes. It feels just like a worn mount but isn't and suspensign feels good. Idk
Old 08-18-2017, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this has happened to me when my sway bar end links were bad/broken but you said you changed them....if its definitely not mechanical/engine related youre going to have to comb over everything until you see the issue. are the axles in good shape? there really isnt much left. Id take another good look at the sway bar.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by H22Honda98
this has happened to me when my sway bar end links were bad/broken but you said you changed them....if its definitely not mechanical/engine related youre going to have to comb over everything until you see the issue. are the axles in good shape? there really isnt much left. Id take another good look at the sway bar.
thanks for the reply. It's definitely not engine related and the end links n axles are new. The only thing I havent changed it sway bay bushings and strut rod bushings. Both appear to be in good shape and no movement. I'll take another look tomorrow hopefully someverything will turn up. If not I'm gonna break down and take it to Honda. I've never took a car to a shop for anything but tires and alignment. Lol but at this point im ready to swallow my pride and let the pros have at it.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys hopefully I found the issue. I think it may be the radius rod bushings. I ordered some prothane radius rod bushings and sway bar bushings. I'll keep yall updated oh I'm also gonna start another build. I'm gonna put it under my old thread if its not locked check it out.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys I fixed the jerking. The radius rod bushings was torn and had actually shifted some how. I replaced it with movetech xfactor bushings. There really good stiff bushings alot better than moog. I've had bad luck with moog. For now on its oem or movetech xfactor. My car finally drives and handles like it's supposed to I'm very happy
Old 09-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

good to hear. moog is way better than mevotech though. mevotech is absolute garbage, it's the "economy" brand, the stuff you buy just to fix an issue on a vehicle you're trying to sell so it can become someone else's problem
in fact, moog is the ONLY substitute for oem parts.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by motoxxxman
good to hear. moog is way better than mevotech though. mevotech is absolute garbage, it's the "economy" brand, the stuff you buy just to fix an issue on a vehicle you're trying to sell so it can become someone else's problem
in fact, moog is the ONLY substitute for oem parts.
I love moog on balljoints joins but there bushings suck. I haven't had the best results with movetech either except for there top line xfactor stuff