Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

vibration during acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration during acceleration

ive been having this vibration issue lately, i needed new cv shafts so i replaced both cv's with new advance auto cv's (new, not remans) the car also has good ball joints new outter tie rod ends. The vibration occurs when the car is under a load, when i am going uphill or in 4th gear when im in low rpm's and give it gas. Just trying to get a few more opinions on this thanks. it doesnt seem to be vibrating under normal driving conditions.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vibration during acceleration

also my suspension is getting pretty old (one rear strut is blown) so maybe the bad suspension could be the culprit? My shock absorber bushings in the lca's are also iffy...
Old 05-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check your mounts? wheels balance?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by GSR936
check your mounts? wheels balance?
mounts yes, wheel out of balance would relate directly to speed not engine load.

AllmotorGSReg: i'm having a similar problem on my '01 accord. i ruled out the mounts so now i'm investigating CV axles. it seems you've done the inverse, now you just need to check the mounts. check all five (three if you've swapped sans torque mounts). also check for any loose bolts or excessive free-play in the suspension, driveline and subframe... just to rule that out.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondamark35
mounts yes, wheel out of balance would relate directly to speed not engine load.

AllmotorGSReg: i'm having a similar problem on my '01 accord. i ruled out the mounts so now i'm investigating CV axles. it seems you've done the inverse, now you just need to check the mounts. check all five (three if you've swapped sans torque mounts). also check for any loose bolts or excessive free-play in the suspension, driveline and subframe... just to rule that out.
my axles were shot, my passenger side actually broke and my driver side was about to thats why the axles were replaced asap, the vibration isnt as bad with the new axles but it is still there, mainly under/around 3k rpms under a load. Ive checked my mounts and the only mount that makes me suspicious is the rear mount that the t bracket bolts to, when i rev up my motor looking at the rear mount i can see the t bracket slightly rock back and forth the back side of it where it connects to the mount, all bolts are tight. I have innovative mounts but there pretty old as well, and have seen some 5k launches at the track with drag radials, so maybe its time for some new mounts