Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

leak problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leak problem

Long story short, my car (93 honda prelude si) is leaking water badly, from the back of the engine. It pours out as soon as I pour the water in, with the car off, and the water seems to be under some pressure. I can't find the exact leak, because it's in a terrible place, but it seems to be around or on the water pipe connecting the therm. to the water pump. It's not the thermostat or that o-ring, and it isnt the hose connected to the oil cooler.

I just did a valve job a couple of weeks ago, and the leak started a couple of days after that in some particularly shitty denver traffic. I replaced the head gasket and waterpump, as well. could it be the head gasket? Would it leak that badly with the car off? Or is it that damned pipe? Any help would be appreciated fellas. I've got to get this ****** fixed by tomorrow afternoon and the clock's a-tickin.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:57 PM

Default Re: leak problem (Tomservo)

here's another thing if it will help. when I first drove the car again after the head rebuild, there was some smoke/gas/exhaust coming from above the intake...I'm thinking the intake gasket may not have sealed properly, maybe...could that cause a fairly major coolant leak at room temp or below?
Old 03-10-2006, 06:58 AM

did you remove the head at all when you rebuilt it?? if so, the head gasket could have been seated wrong. no where else it would leak from besides that, the heater hose, and what you mentioned
Old 03-10-2006, 07:14 PM

Default Re: leak problem (90acc-lude)

ohhh yeah, best believe i removed the head...but just so no one's worried about me anymore, it WAS the intake gasket (piece of ****), torn to shreds around the water outlet in the head for some reason. Not leaking anymore, though
Old 03-10-2006, 08:25 PM

good to hear. anyone know what ohms i should set me tps sensor at???? its at .8ohms right now.