Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

how to reset the SRS and CHECK ENGINE? please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to reset the SRS and CHECK ENGINE? please help

i got a honda prelude 97.my problem is i change the cluster...my transmission before was automatic then i converted to manual..now i change my cluster to jdm type s bb6...everything work good but the only thing not working is the speed if the car roll my speedometer is not moving the km/h...and my check engine and srs show on my dash board...can someone help mo how to fix the problem please?....any one?
Old 05-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to reset the SRS and CHECK ENGINE? please help

what codes do you have?? srs is pretty easy to do. under your steering colum there is a yellow connector plugged into a dummy female connector.

1. turn ignition switch off, remove ECU service connector
2. connect (jump) the MES connector (this is 2 pin yellow connector wrapped in yellow plugged in the front of the underdash fuse box)
3. turn ignition switch on
4. SRS light will come on for 6 secs then go out, remove the jumper within 4 secs after the light goes out.
5. the SRS light will come on again, reconnect the jumper within 4 secs after the light has come on.
6. the SRS light will go off, remove the jumper with in 4 secs after the light has gone off.
7. the SRS light will blink two times indicating the memory is reset.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

search on google you will find everything you need to know.. if the light stays on then you have a bigger problem then just resetting it.. if you want your check engine light to go away just disconnect the batter for a bit then then connect it again. if the light comes right back on then you should get someone to pull the codes for you so you know where to start looking
Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Trial User

i got the srs off..now the check engine...do i need to disconnect the positive and negative on the battery? and how many minutes do i need to wait?or do i need to remove a fuse or something?..because before i dint have the check engine on my old cluster...when i installed the new cluster the check engine when on

thank you for the help