Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Help Diagnosing Code 3 (MAP).....

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Diagnosing Code 3 (MAP).....

I got my car running and the clutch bled (finally!) last night, and I fired it up and took it down my driveway for a test drive. It bogged really bad when getting going, and I had to rev it high just to get going.

I figured this may be due to the MAP sensor code I'm throwing. I never touched the sensor when I did the motor swap, so I don't see how it could have gotten damaged. With the motor running, I pulled the plug and nothing changed; it still ran the exact same.

I went through the Helm's troubleshooting flowchart right before I left for work, and checked the voltages at the connector. IIRC, the red wire was giving 5 volts when grounded to the body and when grounded to the blue wire, and there was 3 volts going from the white wire to the blue wire. The Helm's said there should be about 5 volts going between the blue and white wire.

Is 3 volts enough, or is it on the low side? If it's low, what could cause it to be low?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Help Diagnosing Code 3 (MAP)..... (LudeyKrus)

just follow the helms trouble shooting procedures down to the T.

your map may have just gone bad, or maybe you have a blockage. i would rely on what the helms says on how to figure out if the sensor is good or bad
Old 06-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help Diagnosing Code 3 (prelittlelude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelittlelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just follow the helms trouble shooting procedures down to the T.

your map may have just gone bad, or maybe you have a blockage. i would rely on what the helms says on how to figure out if the sensor is good or bad</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah good luck man!
Old 06-04-2004, 01:05 PM

Well the biggest thing was the 3 volts thing. It's just a signal wire, so is 3 volts enough to be considered a signal?

Would I go "yes" or "no" on the flowchart, if it's askin for 5 volts? Because on down the chart it asks to check for 3 volts at the ECU pins.....
Old 06-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (LudeyKrus)

I would go and check it again if I was you. If it is the same I think I would call it good. It never hurts to do stuff 2 times...lord knows I have learned from mistakes!

I mean think about it unless you nicked the wire somehow (and it would be pretty hard to do fromjust pulling the motor) you shouldnt have any problems that didnt already exist.

Oh and what was wrong with it? How did you get it started? I bet you cried for joy. I did till I saw all the smoke
Old 06-04-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Re: (95 lude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95 lude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I mean think about it unless you nicked the wire somehow (and it would be pretty hard to do fromjust pulling the motor) you shouldnt have any problems that didnt already exist.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I gotta head up to the junkyard tomorrow to try to find a spare MAP to throw in and test.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95 lude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Oh and what was wrong with it? How did you get it started? I bet you cried for joy. I did till I saw all the smoke </TD></TR></TABLE>

I pretty much set the timing belt wrong. Once I realized what i had donw, I got it all fixed and hooked up. It finally cranked, and I about pissed my pants! Then I hauled *** and got the axles back in and bled the clutch, w/ the help of JTCDudeman (Tommy). The clutch took the longest time!

When I FINALLY had everything I could tell in place and took it out for a drive, it bogged majorly when tryin to get started...............:sniffle:

It seems like things just keep going wrong between you and me!