Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Continuous engine fan troubles

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Continuous engine fan troubles

My engine fan has ceased to work ever since my car was subjected to major water damage. I've replaced everything except for the cooling fan relay in the egnine bay fuse box. (thermostat, radiator, temp switch, fan control module all new). I had bought a fan control switch which took care of the problem (relay, harness, and temp probe that is inserted throught the radiator fins), but now I am having trouble getting it to work properly. The problem is that it has a wire that is supposed to be tapped into the wire for the A/C clutch. Well I no longer have an A/C system, so this is not an option. The instructions say that this wire can also be ran to a toggle switch for a manual bypass if the car does not have A/C. My question is does this mean I just run the wires to a toggle and then flip the switch to the on position and leave it there at all times and be done w/ it? As of now I have the wire that is supposed to go to the A/C clutch going to a 12 volt key hot source so the engine fan runs when the key is turned to the accessory or on position and stays on till the key is turned off. Keep in mind this is just temporary. Also, is it safe to drive the car w/ the fan running constant?
Old 05-12-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Continuous engine fan troubles (PhazedSI)

Im sure its not a prob as long as when the car is off the fan is off as well. The only thing bad is the draw from the battery to run the fans all the time.