Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

All N/A 13 Second Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (:=:NirVTEC:=:)

your witty come backs are corny, this is the official all na 13 second owners. my friend thinks hes gonna run 13's how am i posting in the wrong thread. I want to buy a prelude or civic next year thats why im on here to read up on em. thanks for being a douche bag. im not even gonna start with the ford chevy thing. I dont go around trying to race imports to make myself feel better.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (03mach1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03mach1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your witty come backs are corny, this is the official all na 13 second owners. my friend thinks hes gonna run 13's how am i posting in the wrong thread. I want to buy a prelude or civic next year thats why im on here to read up on em. thanks for being a douche bag. im not even gonna start with the ford chevy thing. I dont go around trying to race imports to make myself feel better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This thread is for people that have/will run 13's N/A not people trolling for info to shut friends up.
Theres nothing to start with the Ford/Chevy thing......you know Im right. I summed it all up in 1 sentence. 4.6 VS 5.7 what was Ford thinking?!?!

Old 05-21-2007, 09:31 AM

dude you need to chill. hes not even going into the whole import/domestic discussions. hes not talking mess about his stang beating up on imports.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (outlawstar27)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by outlawstar27 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude you need to chill. hes not even going into the whole import/domestic discussions. hes not talking mess about his stang beating up on imports. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is how I treat Trolls.....
Old 05-21-2007, 10:11 AM

your not right, if you come to ct plz pm me. ill meet you anywhere see if you can beat up on my mustangs with your built prelude lol again thanks for being a douche bag. and thanks everyone else for actually answering the question. i appreciate it
Old 05-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03mach1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your not right, if you come to ct plz pm me. ill meet you anywhere see if you can beat up on my mustangs with your built prelude lol again thanks for being a douche bag. and thanks everyone else for actually answering the question. i appreciate it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey 03mach1....sorry for any anger you got about your post....were just always on edge when it comes to people pulling apart our cars. I kinda got that impression when i read your first post...but the later ones i realized youre actually curious.

with the mods done to the 5th gen, no weight redux and good tires and driver....he should be able to pull off a 14.5-14.7. if he put some BFGs he might be able to get under that if hes a really good driver.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: (BlacktraxGirl)

thank you, i really am just curious i told him mid 14's without slicks but he keeps saying i have a jdm motor and i need to read up so thats why im here to "read up" i respect a fast car honda,chevy,toyota,ford. im sure you guys hate when a mustang guy automaticaly hates on you cause you have a honda and i hate when people hate me just cuase i have a mustang, my first car was a crx si with intake and full exhaust. i started a thread but they didn't let me post it so i figured this was the next best one. not tryign to thread jack either.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03mach1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your not right, if you come to ct plz pm me. ill meet you anywhere see if you can beat up on my mustangs with your built prelude lol again thanks for being a douche bag. and thanks everyone else for actually answering the question. i appreciate it</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off, Cross-Country "CALL-OUTS" are a Ricer move.....
-A close race at the Drag Strip and I would smash you in anything resembling a turn.
Second, Built Prelude? How about a Stock motor with Cams and a $500 nitrous kit.
-That went 13.3@108 1st time out with a few passes---12's are a no brainer with a little practice.
Third, after 10yrs in the Import World you can imagine the kind of Domestic Tools I have been around. Lack of respect in the 90's left a bad taste in my mouth. The same FOX Body Mustang owners that were ******* my Honda 4cyl, were the same guys turning high 14's-15's all day long at the strip. Even witnessing some brutal 16sec runs from AutoGT's. If its a V8, it really has to run 11's or faster to impress me.

Anytime I have seen a Domestic owner, especially a Mustang owner wander into a Honda Board with a question like yours it has escalated into a Domestic VS Import FLAME WAR.

If you truly respect fast cars, than I am sorry for my explosion...
Usually I would have just said <FONT COLOR="red">SEARCH</FONT> but I will admit I used your SIG List as a way to front the attack. You came into a 23pg Post about 13sec N/A Preludes with a question that could easily have been answered with a 2sec search.
Again, I am sorry, and we welcome you with open arms if youre truely here to learn.
<FONT COLOR="red">SEARCH</FONT> is your friend here...

P.S.-Seems like your friend needs to spend some time here searching before he embarasses himself with False Claims about how fast his car really is---Further building the Honda Owners Don't know **** mentality that many Domestic owners share.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

who invited muffstang boy?

Old 05-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who invited muffstang boy?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Take it easy on him....I think I already lashed out at him hard enough.
He seems harmless...
Old 05-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't make false claims he lacks the knowledge of what i have. Some people on the board know my mods and i know exactly what my car is capable of. He just thinks oh this person runs this so you must run the same.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fastlude69)

Would you cae to elaborate as to how your setup would differ from any other JDM H22A with some bolt ons?
-I would hope youre running a RACE header and making 190whp on a respectable dyno to make that claim.
His OP stated JDM H22A with i/e which is a 170whp setup in my experience.....
Old 05-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

shh its a secret from him
Old 05-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fastlude69)

Any updates from the Potential 13sec Posse???
I have just been so lazy lately......a nice Sunday Cruise is all I have done!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:48 AM

i guess its too much of a "secret" for me im willing to pay for his test and tune just to find out. lol ill keep ya posted. o and btw im on here cause i wanna find a civic or integra and do a b-series motor in it to have some fun like i said in another post i love my mustangs and im addicted to the track, but i wanna have some fun with a DD on back roads and what not.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by :=:NirVTEC:=: &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any updates from the Potential 13sec Posse???
I have just been so lazy lately......a nice Sunday Cruise is all I have done!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ive been too busy with anything. And the weekends are for sleep so i havent made it out to any test n tunes.... next event for us is in July. I just got my civic drag car back from paint so going to be concentrating on that one in the mean time.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:05 PM

I'm getting my clutch put in tomorrow. I'm gonna be on vacation for 3 weeks. So let's say July.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (precisionelite)

anybody know how much a mfactory 4.64 final drive will help in the 1/4?
last year i ran a 14.5 on dr and wondering if the FD will help me get there.
my 60 was 2.1
Old 05-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AznBlueBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AznBlueBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anybody know how much a mfactory 4.64 final drive will help in the 1/4?
last year i ran a 14.5 on dr and wondering if the FD will help me get there.
my 60 was 2.1</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is a very interesting question/answer......
The point that I am at N/A is I am able to trap in 3rd at 100mph. The edge that I gain by using a 4.6fd may be nullified by having to shift into 4th gear.
Sorry, I have no answer for your question though......
You may be able to get into the 2.0's on DR's though.....That would help a little.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by :=:NirVTEC:=: &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That is a very interesting question/answer......
The point that I am at N/A is I am able to trap in 3rd at 100mph. The edge that I gain by using a 4.6fd may be nullified by having to shift into 4th gear.
Sorry, I have no answer for your question though......
You may be able to get into the 2.0's on DR's though.....That would help a little.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

on my run, i was already into 4th and yeah i might be able to hit 2.0 on the DR because i was running them at 30psi lol. But after reading some threads, i see that people are lowering it down to about 12psi. So we'll see when i goto the track.
along with the FD i will also be adding a Quaife LSD so that should help a bit on the 60 as well.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlacktraxGirl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ive been too busy with anything. And the weekends are for sleep so i havent made it out to any test n tunes.... next event for us is in July. I just got my civic drag car back from paint so going to be concentrating on that one in the mean time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

oooh!, got pics of the civic??
Old 05-24-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: (AznBlueBoy)

the lowest psi you should go with a drag radial is 18 psi because they still have a stiff sidewall, anything below 18 psi is only good for slicks.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well im gonna try it at 12psi. most of the people on this forum running the bfg are running at that and some even lower.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03mach1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the lowest psi you should go with a drag radial is 18 psi because they still have a stiff sidewall, anything below 18 psi is only good for slicks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So youve tried this and have disproving results with DR's on a FWD car? I am not trying to be a jerk...again....but please don't pass info unless you yourself has tried it.

Running them at 30psi is good because thats what you would run on the street give/take. I always like to see REAL WORLD setups run, and then log my changes.
I would go down to 20 and then down from there. I wouldn't just try 12 from the start.
You also have to remember that if you start them off at 20psi, by the time you do a little burnout, they will go up in pressure. I was starting at 15psi last year which still could have been lower because by launch time they were probably closer to 18.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03mach1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the lowest psi you should go with a drag radial is 18 psi because they still have a stiff sidewall, anything below 18 psi is only good for slicks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong. I personally on 225 50 15 BFG's have been 1.91 to 1.98 60ft playing with around 10 -12 psi in my nitrous terd of a prelude. We also have a civic that runs in power street that runs under 10 psi and has been 11.0's on drags. That's my personal experience I have seen first hand. There have been other faster in the drag radial class who have been around the same speed some faster that run less tires pressure then we do. I guess its all in what works for what driver.

Quick Reply: All N/A 13 Second Owners