Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Went to the Track and Ended up in the Hospitial!!! Video and pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:04 AM
AIRBORNE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (.paul)

wtf .. wont dl for me.

glad you at least semi-ok!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.paul)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .paul &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry im tired - let me rephrase

do you think your foot is broken becuase A* SMX+ boots did not do its job, or do you think it was going to happen no matter what boot you were wearing</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think **** like that just happens....freak accident. My friend also broke his foot in a highside at turn 11 @ Thunderhill (we call it the RC51 corner ; ate two different RC51s in two trackdays). He was wearing Sidi Vert2 boots
Old 01-25-2006, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Went to the Track and Ended up in the Hospitial!!! Video and pics!!! (rainmanEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it was a track day...

I broke every bone in my right foot, i was out of state in a hospital for two nights...

sell the kwak? no way! its fixable

I have no idea why it happended, I think maybe just because it was because it was the last lap of the session and the rear tire started to get slick and it just slid out a little!

I will not be able to put pressure on my foot for atleast 4 months!!

thanks for the nice words, eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

Highsides are prolly the easiest to explain. 99% of the time they are too much use of the throttle or not being smooth enough. Also did you know for sure your tyre pressures were spot on? There are many things with a road bike. Things like chain lube on the outer edges that doesn't get used that much makes things less tacky. Take my advice and get bask on it as soon as you can and stick new tyres on just for the track, something absurdly sticky, maybe even a set of slicks? then get some warmers.....they will pay you back in confidence. I honestly believe that bigger bikes on road biased tyres are a liability on the track.

Glad to hear you are ok.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:18 AM
big strong guy

Default Re: (thehondabuddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thehondabuddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

im surprised she even was still taking pictures after the accident. my gf would have been freaking out, thinking i was dead if that ever happened to me but then again shes crazy.

hope you feel better soon! </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha.... she did not know it was me at the time!!! She thought i was pitted in the lap before. She felt pretty bad once she heard them call her name to go to the ambulance

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Highsides are prolly the easiest to explain. 99% of the time they are too much use of the throttle or not being smooth enough. Also did you know for sure your tyre pressures were spot on? There are many things with a road bike. Things like chain lube on the outer edges that doesn't get used that much makes things less tacky. Take my advice and get bask on it as soon as you can and stick new tyres on just for the track, something absurdly sticky, maybe even a set of slicks? then get some warmers.....they will pay you back in confidence. I honestly believe that bigger bikes on road biased tyres are a liability on the track.

Glad to hear you are ok.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes your right, i was not as smooth as I should of been, and I had a problem all day with those tires after about 10 laps (over heating)

I would run ~36psi front and rear once hot
next time I will have race tires!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .paul &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

do you think your foot is broken because A* SMX+ boots did not do its job, or do you think it was going to happen no matter what boot you were wearing</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm good question.... Honestly the boots are a perfect fit if not on the very tight side and they are also pretty new. They still look great even after the accident. I am going to keep wearing them because i don't believe there are many other better boots!

Ohh I do have about 40min of video from that same day if any one would like to host it?

eric
Old 01-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rainmanEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yes your right, i was not as smooth as I should of been, and I had a problem all day with those tires after about 10 laps (over heating)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

36 on both, hmmmm. Depending on the weather, for example if its a cold day with not much track temperature you can run the tyre pressures a bit lower to allow the heat to build up quicker say 29 psi if its a hot day you could run them at 31/32, it might help a bit . I would start at 32 front and 30 rear measuring the tyres cold, inside an awning not having been in the sun!

Newer 600's aren't very forgiving IMO as they are a bit peaky. A rear that is going off and a peaky bike is always going to be a bag of fun.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well the sidi vert race boots and the new top of the line vertigo's have pretty good external ankle protection to keep from twisting it but something must've just wacked his foot real good to break it. So who knows how well another boot would've done
Old 01-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

What was your cold PSI?

Speaking of race tires. http://www.getmetzeler.com/home.html 355 left
Old 01-25-2006, 08:18 AM
big strong guy

Default Re: (backlash)

my front cold psi = 32 and rear cold psi = 29

I think thats right, i need to look in my note book!

eric
Old 01-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (EGlovr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGlovr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was just suprised there werent any half naked pics in this one. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey man dont jinx it
Old 01-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Went to the Track and Ended up in the Hospitial!!! Video and pics!!! (rainmanEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it was a track day...

I broke every bone in my right foot, i was out of state in a hospital for two nights...

thanks for the nice words, eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

Get out of the hospital soon. Must've hurted hardcore in ur foot!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGlovr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

as much as we've seemed to disagree in the past, im glad ur alright man.

i was just suprised there werent any half naked pics in this one. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, glad your alright Eric!

and thanks for not putting half nekkid pics of you. but requesting pics of your photographer

(vid wont dl for me either )
Old 01-25-2006, 07:16 PM

Default Re: (juicyfn)

Eric I dont think the video is working?
Anyone else having problems?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

vid worked for me yesterday when he first posted it
Old 01-26-2006, 05:33 AM
big strong guy

we todd is being retard...

here is another link to the vidoe clip....

http://media.putfile.com/jennings-gp-crash

eric
Old 01-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we todd is being retard...

here is another link to the vidoe clip....

http://media.putfile.com/jennings-gp-crash

eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

We-todd was broke yesterday, server crashed, i had to drive my *** to the datacenter and fix it last night at midnight! But anyways, works now.

Glad you are feeling better, no more crashing!!

liam
Old 01-27-2006, 06:20 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW dude... you got worked, sorry to hear about that. your lines looked fairly good... more than I can say for the guy that squared the corner off on you. As track days go, they say(THEY) that it is not a race, where you that far out of position? or did Adrenalin get the better part of you? Now you have a full on track bike, hope you get better son and get back int he saddle
take care
Schu
Old 01-27-2006, 09:22 AM
big strong guy

Default Re: Went to the Track and Ended up in the Hospitial!!! Video and pics!!! (MSchu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MSchu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WOW dude... you got worked, sorry to hear about that. your lines looked fairly good... more than I can say for the guy that squared the corner off on you. As track days go, they say(THEY) that it is not a race, where you that far out of position? or did Adrenalin get the better part of you? Now you have a full on track bike, hope you get better son and get back int he saddle
take care
Schu</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was actually trying to pass that instructor, I just wish someone had told me that You cant pass on the outside of Turn 8!

Full on Track/Race Bike is right!

I cant wait to go back!

Eric

Old 01-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

talked to rainmanEK directly

Modified by EngineNoO9 at 7:55 PM 1/29/2006
Old 01-29-2006, 02:32 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Went to the Track and Ended up in the Hospitial!!! Video and pics!!! (EngineNoO9)

Old 01-29-2006, 05:19 PM
big strong guy

Default Re: Went to the Track and Ended up in the Hospitial!!! Video and pics!!! (EngineNoO9)

Most be a different person!

its cool...

eric

Modified by rainmanEK at 7:37 PM 1/29/2006
Old 01-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rainmanEK - replied to your pm
Old 01-29-2006, 11:40 PM

you might want to try hanging off your bike some more...and pushing it more upright...smooth out your lines too
Old 01-30-2006, 04:25 AM
I miss Andrea.

Glad you're okay, generally. Any damage pics?
Old 01-30-2006, 06:34 PM

I downloaded that vid, but when I opened it up a script started running in my browser. Whats up with that?
Old 01-31-2006, 08:17 AM
big strong guy

Default Re: (Newk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Newk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Glad you're okay, generally. Any damage pics?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, I will post some soon, and also some foot pics

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ACTEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I downloaded that vid, but when I opened it up a script started running in my browser. Whats up with that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm.. i dont know try the put file link!

eric

Quick Reply: Went to the Track and Ended up in the Hospitial!!! Video and pics!!!