Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Two bros exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two bros exhaust

Hey guys i just recently bought a 00 cbr f4. It has a high mount two bros carbon exhaust. I need to know how to clean it. The carbon itself has faded a little and the metal surface itself has some oxidizing. SO how can i clean that? Also the pipe that connects the slip on to the headers has some dents on it. SO can i buy the sotck pipe or do i need to get the pipe specific for the high mount. Thanks!!
Old 09-30-2004, 04:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Two bros exhaust (CrAzyGsR101)

not much you can do to bring back faded carbon fiber except treat it with a UV resistant topcoat before the fading starts and use a wax with a UV protectant in it. but once the actual CF fades there isnt much you can do.

the metal will polish right up, i use mother's metal polish, it might take a few applications to get the oxidation out, but it will polish out, no prob as long as its not like actual rust.

as far as the mid-pipe goes you need to get the specific one for the pipe from TBR, get a custom one made or find someone whos can is toast, but mid-pipe is still OK. it should be the same mid-pipe for all the high mounts they make for your bike, no matter if its CF, steel, TI, round or oval. you would be suprised at how much they want for that thing too.