Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!!

hello guys, I just need to vent and perhaps get some words of encouragement. I am 27 years old work at a well paying job, pay my own bills, save a few hundred per month, and also own a modded SRT4 which I pay for on my own. Last week I picked up a new motorcycle and my mom just found out today that I have the bike when I went to the garage to fire up my car and my bike.

She came outside to the garage saw the bike, asked who owned it and flipped out....

Now that she has calmed down, I made a couple of deals with her to keep her happy and off my back.

flame away...but I had to get that off my chest....

if anyone of you is gonna say move out, I plan to move out soon if they give me hell day in and day out about the bike, but I know when I bought the SRT4 they flipped also, but got over it real quick.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (04 Blue SRT4)

No parent wants to go to their own kid's funeral. Just make sure they don't have to.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (04 Blue SRT4)

Do you enjoy living at home or something. I wasnt kicked out, I wanted to leave when I was 18, and I did. Your 27, they cant tell you how to live your life. Time to move out man.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (Mag00n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mag00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you enjoy living at home or something. I wasnt kicked out, I wanted to leave when I was 18, and I did. Your 27, they cant tell you how to live your life. Time to move out man.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was afraid to hear that.....but we'll see what happens
Old 12-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahah. Im not ******* on you bro. You pay for all your **** and work so your cool in my book I just couldnt deal with that kind of pestering from my folks
Old 12-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (Mag00n)

dude why are you 27 and still living at home, grow up and move out its way past the time to move out
Old 12-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mag00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahah. Im not ******* on you bro. You pay for all your **** and work so your cool in my book I just couldnt deal with that kind of pestering from my folks </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I know. I'm comfortable living at home cuz I live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood, with nice neighbors. If i had to move out i'd probably have to share an apartment with a roomate and be living in a crappy neighborhood. I keep my car and my bike in the garage. My mom told me that after she "kicks me out" that my car and my bike wont last more than 1 week cuz it'll get stolen/vandalized by some thugs/haters

The cost of living in NYC is horrendously expensive and most of my friends still live at home, or live in a small apartment with roomates.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (01-0720)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 01-0720 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude why are you 27 and still living at home, grow up and move out its way past the time to move out</TD></TR></TABLE>

a lot of my friends tell me this, I hear it everyday.

I think Id be more motivated to move out if I was close to getting married or something like that but for now, I'm living at home rent and food free, so I'm taking advantage of that for as long as I can.

Even before I bought the bike, I told my parents I was planning on moving out but they begged me to stay with them....since they are getting old and dont wanna be lonely....and this was when I was pretty much done modding my SRT4 for the season.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

dude go to college and get a real job, and move out of mommies house, your a freaking grown man and you still live at home, have you no self respect, im dumbfounded how you think its ok to still be living at home at 27, i mean i could understand if your taking care of your sick parents, or somthing like that, but just sound lazy
Old 12-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (01-0720)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 01-0720 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude go to college and get a real job, and move out of mommies house, your a freaking grown man and you still live at home, have you no self respect, im dumbfounded how you think its ok to still be living at home at 27, i mean i could understand if your taking care of your sick parents, or somthing like that, but just sound lazy </TD></TR></TABLE>

hold on, I already finished college, majored in business, and make close to 50K a year. I do have self respect, and others may feel free to disagree but I am happy staying at home as long as my folks dont get on my case. I come from an Asian culture so we pretty much live at home till we're married....which is much different from American culture...
Old 12-19-2004, 05:20 PM

Well man, interesting situation. Maybe getting those 2 vehicles in light of having to /should moving out wasnt the best idea. I mean I feel for you cause im 21, and i got my bike over summer and although i have a BX apartment, i keep the bike at my moms on long island and got the same reaction. But your 27, living at home entirely and despite paying for everything your complaining about something you could easily solve (by moving out) you just have chose not to. Not saying your complaints are falling on dear ears but come on, even you have admited the cause of the problem, when you complain about something you could have fixed before its almost like, well do you honestly expect any sympathy. As for moving out and being open to vandelism, kinda your own fault for getting nice stuff given you knew ud have to move out sometime. Its shitty to say but the truth is never nice in such situations. Want some advice, start looking for spots with garages that are secure, they exist. At some point you gotta cut the cord and im sure your parents have been ready for quite some time to attempt to live life how they used to free of children (not that u are anymore, but still) As for having to live in a not so nice nieighborhood with a roomate...its life. You dont always get everything your way.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (Phaze2 Mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phaze2 Mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well man, interesting situation. Maybe getting those 2 vehicles in light of having to /should moving out wasnt the best idea. I mean I feel for you cause im 21, and i got my bike over summer and although i have a BX apartment, i keep the bike at my moms on long island and got the same reaction. But your 27, living at home entirely and despite paying for everything your complaining about something you could easily solve (by moving out) you just have chose not to. Not saying your complaints are falling on dear ears but come on, even you have admited the cause of the problem, when you complain about something you could have fixed before its almost like, well do you honestly expect any sympathy. As for moving out and being open to vandelism, kinda your own fault for getting nice stuff given you knew ud have to move out sometime. Its shitty to say but the truth is never nice in such situations. Want some advice, start looking for spots with garages that are secure, they exist. At some point you gotta cut the cord and im sure your parents have been ready for quite some time to attempt to live life how they used to free of children (not that u are anymore, but still) As for having to live in a not so nice nieighborhood with a roomate...its life. You dont always get everything your way. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with your points.... anyhow, I just needed to vent about the situation I am in. My other buddies who own bikes have gone thru the same thing as well...but their parents got over it....anyhow end of my ranting
Old 12-19-2004, 05:26 PM

Well in the end...im coming home from school tommorow, pm me if you/friends are riding ill come out. I wanna see the new gixxy.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (Phaze2 Mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phaze2 Mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well in the end...im coming home from school tommorow, pm me if you/friends are riding ill come out. I wanna see the new gixxy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

okay, maybe it'll be better to meet when it warms up.. I have my permit now and can only ride with other licensed motorcyclists....I'd love to go for a spin though but I sure need to work on my riding skills.

anyhow Its snowing outside
I wont even drive my SRT since the factory tires are only for the summer...

Another piece of info I forgot to add was that my crazy little 24 year old brother owns a 2000 R1, a 96 GSXR750, an 03 S2000 and a few ATV's and they didnt flip out on him???? so what gives?? anyhow I think its just a parents instinctual reaction when it come sto flippin out
Old 12-19-2004, 05:55 PM

27, making nice money and using the free rent to buy toys.

I feel bad for you... really I do.

Parents shoulda kicked your *** out years ago... motorcycle or not.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (Apocalypse)

I'm 30 and do not live at home. If my mom found out that I had purchased a motorcycle, she WOULD still kick my ***! Moms will always be moms.

-Victor
Old 12-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (97 TYPE-R 312)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97 TYPE-R 312 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm 30 and do not live at home. If my mom found out that I had purchased a motorcycle, she WOULD still kick my ***! Moms will always be moms.

-Victor</TD></TR></TABLE>

true dat, moms will be moms
Old 12-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your lucky you havn't been kicked out man 27 god damn *sorry but thats up there*

really if your dealing with it move out. or just give me the bike
Old 12-19-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (Ace$nyper)

hey bro, i'm only 19 but i totally can relate to your asian culture deal thing. that's how it is with (not trying to stereotype caucasian families) asians, our parents will never kick us out and most of the time, they'll spoil us rotten with everything in their power and as a result, they expect us not to forget about them when we're "grown up" and they expect us to raise our children that way.

a shitload of my friends were kicked out the day after they graduated from hs, that's just the way their parents were raised and that's just what kind of values they pass on. there are pro's and con's to both ways.

what i'm trying to get at is that, well i donno. haha, good luck tho. i used to have an 03 gix six and my friend crashed it and died w/ a girl on the back and it took me about 8 months to convince her to let me get another.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (wildstallion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wildstallion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey bro, i'm only 19 but i totally can relate to your asian culture deal thing. that's how it is with (not trying to stereotype caucasian families) asians, our parents will never kick us out and most of the time, they'll spoil us rotten with everything in their power and as a result, they expect us not to forget about them when we're "grown up" and they expect us to raise our children that way.

a shitload of my friends were kicked out the day after they graduated from hs, that's just the way their parents were raised and that's just what kind of values they pass on. there are pro's and con's to both ways.

what i'm trying to get at is that, well i donno. haha, good luck tho. i used to have an 03 gix six and my friend crashed it and died w/ a girl on the back and it took me about 8 months to convince her to let me get another.</TD></TR></TABLE>

anyhow not to stereotype anyone but someone told me that in italian and jewish families their culture is the same, they wont ever disown their kids or let them fall flat on their faces when things get tough.

sorry to hear about your friends, but how did your friends crash occurr?
Old 12-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if u dont want to move out, dont. im 20, and my sister is 27, we both still live at home, my parents tell us all the time, the house is big enough for all of us, u can live her all u want and u dont have to pay a dime, just go to school. She graduated from colloge a few years ago, and just works, she saves up all her money, and plans to buy a bmw soon, and further down the road a home. Im still going to school and plan on getting a bike soon, but my parents are very mad as well, all parents are, they just dont want their kids to get hurt, but i tell them we only live once, i can die today, tommorow, in a car etc, we never know when our time is. Me and my sister are not spoiled our parents make us buy our own things, we just get free food and shelter also of people say "damm u still live at home" and me and my sisters response is " Ya, but i got a bigger bank account then u. " People who move out live pay check to pay check and they regret it 99% of the time. If i ever plan to move out its when i get married, if i move away for college, or if i have a enough money to buy a home, paying rent is worthless if u dont have to. If your parents let u stay at home, take adavantage of it, save up and if one day u plan on getting married, u will have enough to provide for the wedding and possibly a home of your own
Old 12-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Son

Stay with your parents! Your asian, its normal.

&lt;---Asian(Pacific Islander)

Before I got my bike all Mom said was "your going to get killed" and "Im not signing or paying for it"
Last week I came home while Mom was washing her suv. I left my bike on the driveway so I can wash the bike. I came out an hour later and she had already washed it. My Mom rocks
Old 12-19-2004, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (Son)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Son &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Stay with your parents! Your asian, its normal.

&lt;---Asian(Pacific Islander)

Before I got my bike all Mom said was "your going to get killed" and "Im not signing or paying for it"
Last week I came home while Mom was washing her suv. I left my bike on the driveway so I can wash the bike. I came out an hour later and she had already washed it. My Mom rocks </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree..Im 27 and just moved out cause i got married. Asian cultures are different. Our parents dont kick their children out and their children dont kick them out to a old folks home and visit them once a year
Old 12-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (trbo823)

27 still living at homme dammmnnn...

thats the smartest thing ever!!! haha

Its not a bad idea, but my parents like to hold things over my head ie. (college, car) So im looking forward to being in a position that i can support myself. As for right now college is my main concentration. The only problem with having a mother who hates bikes is i swear my mom disconnects my plugs wires all time! I can hardly ever get the thing running

cliff notes: moms like to sabatoge (sp?) bikes
Old 12-19-2004, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!! (trbo823)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trbo823 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I agree..Im 27 and just moved out cause i got married. Asian cultures are different. Our parents dont kick their children out and their children dont kick them out to a old folks home and visit them once a year</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you want people to be open to your opinion and in addition culture, do not make statements like this portraying getting "kicked out" as a totally bad thing. And dont tell me you didnt mean it, the obvious tone of your comment was such. I am not of an asian culture i believe getting "kicked out" is just about the best thing that can happen to you. Living at home past 21-22 may be accepted in asian cultures, but i believe it to be detrimental to your development as a functioning adult in most cases. However "independent" you are, you do not have certien responcibilities which you will later need to have learned. Case in point, you moved out when your married at 27, and now for the first time you have to deal with many of the issues of house/apartment you never had to before. Whereas say im out by 21 and already i know alot more then u at 27. So now you, with a new wife...maybe a child too... have a tremendous learnign curve years of expierence will give me by the time im 27. Im not trying to make blanket statements or generilzations. But whereas living at home later in life is part of asian culture, moving out is part of American culture, and quite arguably practicality. ALmost without fail are you put at a disadvantage expierence wise when u leave the house so late, plus, its the responcible thing to do in terms of finances. Unless your paying an equal share of every expense at your house, your geting "free" rent, food, etc. Honestly, you owe it to your parents for the first ~21 years they cared for you to lessen the burden on them, even if they "dont mind" you staying. SO yeah, sorry for the rant, i just dont appreciate people aiming to get my appreciation of thier culture by talking badly of mine.

Quick Reply: Parents found out I bought the 05 GSXR600 and now wanna kick me out !!!