Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Kangaroo gloves? Who makes them?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kangaroo gloves? Who makes them?

I'm looking to buy some new gloves and want kangaroo for its attributes. Who makes gloves out of kangaroo hide or partially kangaroo?

I've checked out the typical Alpinestars, Joe Rocket, Spidi, Teknic, Dainese, and Held but most of them don't specify exactly what kind of leather they use.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Son

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kangaroo gloves? Who makes them? (ScareyH22A)

Almost every good brand has atleast one model with roo leather. How much do you want to spend?
Old 12-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Default Re: Kangaroo gloves? Who makes them? (Son)

Upwards of about $200
Old 12-23-2004, 12:13 AM
Grumpy Old Man

I know the Held galaxy's, and Alpinestar's tech gloves use kangaroo leather. I looked at both and the galaxy's fit me much better. I ended up getting the dainese speed metal gloves. These things feel like they could make it through WW3 with all the armor they have but take a little getting used to due to the armor on top of the hand. I think the held's were much more comfortable and I'm still thinking about picking up a pair this spring

If you have any more questions just ask away because I've tried on most gloves and I can give you some pictures of the dainese speed metals if you want.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Kangaroo gloves? Who makes them? (RebornGSR)

I think the Teknic Violator Pro II's have kangaroo in the palms.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Default Re: Kangaroo gloves? Who makes them? (RebornGSR)

I tried on the Dainese Speedmetals and it's so tight in the opening that it's hard for me to put them on. Is that normal? Also, the plate on top of the hand, the piece that curves up near the wrist, it pokes at my wrist at full throttle position. Does that happen to you?

The Held's, are they still made in the US?

Alpinestars GP Tech's, heard they're really stiff and will hardly "break-in". Know anything about that?
Old 12-23-2004, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

held makes some and helimot in norcal makes some
Old 12-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Son

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ScareyH22A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Upwards of about $200</TD></TR></TABLE>Held

Krypton

or

GALAXY
Old 12-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'd buy kangaroo just because its a kangaroo. (and its safety benefits of course)
Old 12-24-2004, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Kangaroo gloves? Who makes them? (Son)

I've never heard of Held, I like those. How stiff are the fingers on the Krypton? My current gloves are fairly stiff and I don't like them.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:49 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Default Re: Kangaroo gloves? Who makes them? (rapid_roy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rapid_roy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've never heard of Held, I like those. How stiff are the fingers on the Krypton? My current gloves are fairly stiff and I don't like them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've tried on both back to back and the kryptons were a much stiffer glove. It felt like you could go sand some wood with those things. The Galaxy's are still the best glove I have ever tried on and I wish I still might pick up a pair of them this spring. They felt almost broken in right off the rack and come in half sizes so you can get a really good fit
Old 12-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Grumpy Old Man

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ScareyH22A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I tried on the Dainese Speedmetals and it's so tight in the opening that it's hard for me to put them on. Is that normal? Also, the plate on top of the hand, the piece that curves up near the wrist, it pokes at my wrist at full throttle position. Does that happen to you? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I had both those complaints when I first got them also. The wrist part breaks in so you don't fell it poke you when you bend your wrist back. They take getting used to and the plate on the top of my hand still feels a little odd but I know I'm not going to break anything up there if I go down. I could punch a ******* oak door down with these things on and I wouldn't feel ****. They take off cages side view mirrors quite nicely also

But like I said I still might pick up some Galaxy's because they feel like you almost have nothing on at all.

As far as protection goes I have yet to see anything that feels as sturdy as the speedmetals. Not to mention they look ******* badass