Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

Honda CRZ with SI Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Honda CRZ with SI Engine?

Originally Posted by LankorDie
The CRZ and 8th Gen Civic Si weight about the same, so it would feel pretty similar to driving a civic si.
Perhaps you are right. But, did you consider that the Civic Si is a larger car and if you removed the drive train and batteries from the CRZ and then swap in the K20 the CRZ with the K20 drive train would be lighter than the Civic Si?
Old 06-17-2010, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew
I've not heard anyone done a swap on the Insight. So it's unlikely someone will do one for the CRZ.
Yeah, people have been doing it for years.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

idk why everyones hatn on the crz its actually pretty interesting and i do plan on doin a k24 supercharged swap into the one im purchasing so i guess the answer to all the questions is this guy would do something like that. n when its done id be happy to meet up and test what we got
Old 09-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Trial User

NICE
Old 09-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The CR-Z at least looks better than the Insight. The Insight looks like a f'd up Prius. I'd buy one and mod the crap out of it. Who cares about warranty, its a Honda. Just revert back to stock and say you don't know what happened to it, like we do with our phones.

Honda warrantied out my wheel bearings without question, granted it went bad because my compressor died and I wrenched it in and then the back raced popped out putting the spindle in... but what they don't know doesn't hurt them. Hell, I paid 3 times as much as it cost them to make it so either way they still made 1/4 profit after the warranty was done.

Last edited by red96turbols; 09-29-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: added additional post text
Old 10-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was just thinking today to do this but with a K20R. I would just need a DD.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am sure there will be one at SEMA this year..
Old 10-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

kinda seems like a waste to me..
Old 10-04-2010, 11:24 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

see if car companies were smart they would sell shells by themselves , I would pay 8000 for a painted shell and interior suspension brakes etc and install my own engine
Old 10-04-2010, 01:18 PM

The L15 engine in the CR-Z is so small my lawn mower has more hp, LOL. Leave the CR-Z stock and save money on gas or we can sleeve it, and then you can boost after you get a second mortgage on your house, hahaha. Give it some time and someone will come out with a good plan for the CR-Z.

Last edited by Golden Eagle; 10-04-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:13 PM
EFB055

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Totally spotted your ninja edit
Old 10-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 518crzfreak
idk why everyones hatn on the crz its actually pretty interesting and i do plan on doin a k24 supercharged swap into the one im purchasing so i guess the answer to all the questions is this guy would do something like that. n when its done id be happy to meet up and test what we got
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA what a tough guy
Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lht also has swaped insight
Old 10-20-2010, 09:49 PM
God
Honda-Tech Member

I hear that's a great way to ruin a warranty. Would you really spend that much money on a new car only to completely tear it apart with no factory back-up anymore? Seems a bit...lacking in forethought.

Originally Posted by 8VEYBEYB
see if car companies were smart they would sell shells by themselves , I would pay 8000 for a painted shell and interior suspension brakes etc and install my own engine
This would be a major liability issue for a major car company. It's tough enough having to certify a model, forcing it through so many safety tests and what-not. Now imagine having to safety-certify something that will be housing pretty much whatever engine someone decides to put in, without having any guarantee of safety or competence of install. Nightmare.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:34 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by God
This would be a major liability issue for a major car company. It's tough enough having to certify a model, forcing it through so many safety tests and what-not. Now imagine having to safety-certify something that will be housing pretty much whatever engine someone decides to put in, without having any guarantee of safety or competence of install. Nightmare.
You do realize that all three domestic automakers and several German and Italian automakers sell bodies-in-white specifically for race car builds, right?
Old 10-21-2010, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
The L15 engine in the CR-Z is so small my lawn mower has more hp, LOL. Leave the CR-Z stock and save money on gas or we can sleeve it, and then you can boost after you get a second mortgage on your house, hahaha. Give it some time and someone will come out with a good plan for the CR-Z.
I want to know where you got a lawn mower with over 122 hp lol
Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's definitely possible, whether economical or not. At this point in time is isn't the wisest thing unless you've just won the lottery and have nothing better to do with your money. I think a well-built CRZ would look sick and would be blazing fast with something like a K-swap. When the Fit first came out, people automatically tagged it as impossible for a Kswap, but look at it now! There aren't many just because the Fit is still hard to find for under 10 grand but it's possible. Give the CRZ 10 years and I guarantee it'll become commonplace to see them at Import Alliance and track days keeping up with hatches, integras, and even the good ol' CRX. Whether you agree or hate every single aspect of Honda's newer stuff, it's what's being given to us. Just accept it and go with it.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by per4mance
couple years back lol, k swaps have been around for the better part of 7 years. Where have you been, reason why people stayed away from them was the price to do the swap. Even now its still expensive but lots of aftermarket support. Thats why there popular now, that and there killer engines. And the CRZ idea is stupid sounds like you just wanted to make a post to try and get some friends on here or something. This whole CRZ thread is a joke it needs to be takin off.
thats your opinion... i think the crz k swap has potential. give it a few years for the aftermarket to do some research
Old 10-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew

I've not heard anyone done a swap on the Insight. So it's unlikely someone will do one for the CRZ.
i highly disagree.. look at the insight and look at the crz... the crz is much more sporty hence the sport/hybrid with a six speed.. in my opinion the insight is very ugly and the crz is desirable. i can see swaped crz's the the future..
Old 10-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Batpool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Targa250R
You do realize that all three domestic automakers and several German and Italian automakers sell bodies-in-white specifically for race car builds, right?
For race car builds, not for street legal setups.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 PM
be professional

Originally Posted by SilentEdge
For race car builds, not for street legal setups.
I'd wager that a majority of Honda Tech members drive cars that technically aren't street legal, so that caveat doesn't seem to stop anyone . . .
Old 10-24-2010, 06:50 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa250R
I'd wager that a majority of Honda Tech members drive cars that technically aren't street legal, so that caveat doesn't seem to stop anyone . . .
Yes, but do they even give those empty shell cars VIN numbers?
Old 10-25-2010, 07:08 AM
be professional

Originally Posted by rochesterricer
Yes, but do they even give those empty shell cars VIN numbers?
No. They're pulled from the assembly line before VINs are assigned.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/lh...rformance.html

ITS ALIVE!!!!!....my tuner built the kr-z!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Tell 'em bro! Because I plan on getting Rihanna, Jennifer Hudson, Gabrielle Union, Beyonce, Jessica Alba, Zoe Saldana, Thandie Newton, Naomi Campbell, Angelina Jolie and Oluchi Onweagba all pregnant this year and everyone thinks I'm a bullsh!tter too!

Quick Reply: Honda CRZ with SI Engine?