Where will your CRX/EF be in 10 years?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant see myself buying another honda made after 00...they really just got dumb imo

i drive a 04 civic daliy and not a big fan

i love my crx
Old 10-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Contender25

Yeah it seems they made the new ones to lead AWAY from what the 88-91 and 92-95 and maybe 96-98 models were ALL about..
Old 10-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where will your CRX/EF be in 10 years? (knwldge54)

In a garage in awesome condition with a kick *** turbo'd B16 but still looking almost completely stock on the outside. Oh, and it will be sitting next to an also *** kicking 1991 Nissan 240 SX with an SR20 in it. Both of my fun cars.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:31 PM
No tears. Only dreams, now.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (CRXBart)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Blasphomy I've driven tons of cars in short existence and I will own a EF till I decease.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Judging by your other threads, it'll probably be your most successful relationship too.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VashTheStampede)

Sadly, it would be a hard car to sell. All the time, money, and memories in the car would be hard to pass on.

I've been considering hoping the fence and buying an STI and if all goes well i'll keep the CRX as a road race car; however, 1o years down the road who knows?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where will your CRX/EF be in 10 years? (Mr_CRX)

hopefully still with me and me doing what I do best to it
Old 10-09-2005, 10:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VashTheStampede &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hate to break it to you guys, but you'll sell it. Seriously. It'll go away, and you won't miss it.

I was in your shoes once.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? Wow.

Think of this thread as a "hope where my crx/ef will be in ten years"

Old 10-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it will be with a guy that doesnt know how to take care of it
Old 10-10-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: (yoshi1rky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Blasphomy I've driven tons of cars in short existence and I will own a EF till I decease.</TD></TR></TABLE>
+1... this is the first car that i have ever bought... i bought it with cash that i worked my *** off for and even before i bought it i had my mind set on keeping it forever... i heard of a guy that has had his 1 gen RX7 since he bought it off the showroom floor and now he keeps it stored away and brings it out ever now and then... the only difference is i hope to drive it more than every "now and then" and i wish that i was the only owner... i see my buddies with their cars... they love it one week and the next i see a forsale sign on it... then they change their mind... ive even seen a few of them who have sold it saying "im getting out of the scene" and a few weeks later they get another project car... never has the thought of selling her come to mind and never have i regretted my decision to keep her until i pass away
-Josh
Old 10-10-2005, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Crimson_Tide)

Retrofitted with a hydrogen-electric engine and carbon-nanotube frame reinforcements...assuming its still feasible to own a car at all in ten years.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:03 AM

Default Re: (Crimson_Tide)

I can't believe that I'm going to agree with a guy that goes by the name of VashTheStampede, but he is correct.

Over the years, I've built several different types of cars and have sold them all. I miss most of them!

There are two reasons that in ten years almost all of you will have sold your EF.

The first reason is that if you are like me, you will have decided to move on to another automotive challenge. (I'm not done with my EF yet!!) I enjoy building cars and am almost always thinking of the next project. That's why I went from a 64 Chevelle 2 door wagon and built the Honda. There is just so much you can do to one type car before you want to try something different.

The other reason is that getting parts to keep the car looking good will get unreasonable to get. Honda is already starting to discontinue to sell parts for our EF's. Would you really want a car that you can't get a good tail light lens for without having to get it over the internet for a couple hundred bucks. How about door panels that tend to crack on the upper edge. Ever price out factory seat covers?! The fact is that there will <U>never</U> be "restoration" parts made for our cars. (not like what is available for Camaros or Chevelles)

Here is a photo of a 71 Datsun 510 I built (about 25 years ago).

I loved that car and would build another, but it's impossible to get parts like a clean grill for a reasonable price. I refuse to build something that can't be put together cleanly.

Now don't get me wrong! Love your car and enjoy fixing it up. That's the whole reason for this web site. But get real and except the fact that EF's are just old production Hondas that are just going to get older and more costly to keep looking and running well. At some point, it's not worth it.

Wes (the snotty old bastard) Vann
Old 10-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Wes V)

I've owned my CRX for about 10 years now. It was bone stock when I first got it, now its a pretty built weekend track car. I hope in another 10 years it'll be still running down Porsches, Sti's, Mustangs and what not on road coarse's. I don't ever intend on selling it.

In 10 years my daughter will be 11, my CRX 26 and me 42 (ugh) but I still hope the CRX will be there in my garage with 300 all motor HP (who knows what swap will be the **** in 10 years) along with other new cars/projects!!! You don't always have to sell a car to get other cars/new projects going !!!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:17 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Where will your CRX/EF be in 10 years? (knwldge54)

Even if my baby rotts I'll sooner turn it into a bird bath than see it smash into an oily bloody demise!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:23 AM

I hear you Wes. I love my ED(s), and that "EF".

Here's some pics..

I really don't miss any of them, but it was fun while it lasted.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:27 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VashTheStampede &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hate to break it to you guys, but you'll sell it. Seriously. It'll go away, and you won't miss it.

I was in your shoes once.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just because you're a sellout...

Seriously though, there are plenty of older cards out there that people keep as weekend driver projects.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: (Jesterian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jesterian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just because you're a sellout...

Seriously though, there are plenty of older cards out there that people keep as weekend driver projects.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, it's because I'm not poor anymore.

Get a degree, a wife, and responsibility, and you'll understand. If you see above, you'll notice that I was more of an EF fanatic than you'll ever be. Spending $6000 on mods for a 15 year old car was the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Honda does not a good weekend car make. I'd rather have an old Vette...
Old 10-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VashTheStampede &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, it's because I'm not poor anymore.

Get a degree, a wife, and responsibility, and you'll understand. If you see above, you'll notice that I was more of an EF fanatic than you'll ever be. Spending $6000 on mods for a 15 year old car was the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Honda does not a good weekend car make. I'd rather have an old Vette...</TD></TR></TABLE>

i can feel you, sometime i really love my crx, and sometime i look at s2ks, and sometimes i look at my tution bills and wonder. Its tuff, but some people reach a point where its time to "grow up" and move on, sometimes i feel that time, but others i dont. ITs hard
Old 10-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wes V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The fact is that there will <U>never</U> be "restoration" parts made for our cars. (not like what is available for Camaros or Chevelles)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

unless someone here starts a restoring crx product line, think of the number of customers it would generate.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:36 AM

Now Mr. Stampede, you are just going to **** people off.

I've got two degrees and am a licensed engineer in California (Structural Engineer), I still love playing around with my EF. It's nice because it doesn't suck out every dollar I have. Of course, it's a second car and just a hobby.

If you are talking about a new Vette, then it's just about buying a car and not building something. (no sport there in my mind)

If you are talking about an old Vette, then you end up with a car that you can't take very many places for fear of it getting stolen or F'd over. (BTDT)

In my mind, a car (or at least your second one) should be a hobby. It should be something that you enjoy working on and building without it eating your wallet. For me the EF fits the bill perfectly. As parts get harder and more costly to get, that may all change.

Wes

Old 10-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have no clue where my CRX will be but I would hope it will be sitting next to my 65 Mustang Fastback when the year read 2015. And I would hope that next to those will be some other Mustangs and motorcycles.
I love old cars.
I love my wife.
I love my degrees.
And I love having money to tinker on cars. From the domestics to the imports from 4 cylinder cars to 8 cylinder 7.3L diesels to 2 cylinder motorcycles. I run the full gamut at my house.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:51 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wes V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you are talking about an old Vette, then you end up with a car that you can't take very many places for fear of it getting stolen or F'd over. (BTDT)

In my mind, a car (or at least your second one) should be a hobby. It should be something that you enjoy working on and building without it eating your wallet. For me the EF fits the bill perfectly. As parts get harder and more costly to get, that may all change.

Wes</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm just telling it like it is. Have you priced EF stuff lately? 1000+ for an EF front end shipped? 2000+ for a B16? It's nuts. It really is. The cost to reward ratio is making it just a horrible investment, and not many people have respect for someone that tools around in an EF as a hobby. Oh, and good luck getting even a fraction out of it what you put in...

I was just rambling when I was talking about the Vette... that whole thing is just my way of connecting with my dad... that crazy bastard had to sell his when I was born.. I think his was a 72. Not sure though. But if I ever did get a car to play with, a late 80s Vette with a fresh LS1 would fit the bill... what's the point of having an everyday car as your weekend "fun" vehicle? Makes no sense.

Right now though, I'm just plodding along paying the bills on our cars, and trying to kill the urge to buy an Evo just to "de-ricefy" it.

There IS more to life than ED civics and CRXs.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRX Toad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX Toad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I
I love old cars.
I love my wife.
I love my degrees.
And I love having money to tinker on cars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I too love my old cars
I love my gf (probally be my wife someday)
I need my degree this school **** is killing me ahahha (so many years left)
I wish i had money
Old 10-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VashTheStampede &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There IS more to life than ED civics and CRXs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed....
Old 10-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRX Toad)

well moneys tight so i gotta make sure i can afford a daily driver and maintenance so i can get back and forth from work everyday. and when im financially stable id like a nova and rex parked in my garage
Old 10-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VashTheStampede &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm just telling it like it is. Have you priced EF stuff lately? 1000+ for an EF front end shipped? 2000+ for a B16? It's nuts. It really is. The cost to reward ratio is making it just a horrible investment, and not many people have respect for someone that tools around in an EF as a hobby. Oh, and good luck getting even a fraction out of it what you put in...

I was just rambling when I was talking about the Vette... that whole thing is just my way of connecting with my dad... that crazy bastard had to sell his when I was born.. I think his was a 72. Not sure though. But if I ever did get a car to play with, a late 80s Vette with a fresh LS1 would fit the bill... what's the point of having an everyday car as your weekend "fun" vehicle? Makes no sense.

Right now though, I'm just plodding along paying the bills on our cars, and trying to kill the urge to buy an Evo just to "de-ricefy" it.

There IS more to life than ED civics and CRXs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You know Vash I thought I remembered you being every bit of an EF addict like I am. I do agree with you also there is way more to life than EFs. I also stand by that I will always have one, I will just add to the collection. I love cars and will always love CRXes. I've taken several breaks here recently and built other stuff 4g63t colt, A JDMed out 90 DX hatch, and my Samurai. I left HT for years at a time on the non honda projects. The Colt, and the hatch I sold the Samurai is a keeper though. I also partially JDMed out my current beater hatch that I plan to give to my little sister. These cars just really aren't worth anything so I can't see the point in selling them, I will go to the grave with my CRX, unless an unfortunate incident finds a grave for it first. I plan to one day own a 91 F40 Race Spec, and hopefully it will sit beside my CRX in a big building full of cars. I will move on, but never sell out.

Quick Reply: Where will your CRX/EF be in 10 years?