Where will your CRX/EF be in 10 years?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 01:40 PM
I requested a short story for a title.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where will your CRX/EF be in 10 years? (knwldge54)

by that time i will have the JDM Floating car kit and my rex will be floating like everyother car in 10 years
Old 10-13-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Where will your CRX/EF be in 10 years? (stocker2shocker91)

Dang Vash;

What you are saying has validity and if viewed from your perspective, can be said to be true.

However you are not going to convince most of the people on this section of the site to sell their cars, so why not just hang it up.

The reason we don't all drive the same cars is that different people want (or need) different things out of them.

Wes
Old 10-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VashTheStampede)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VashTheStampede &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's all it was before, now it's just getting to the point where people are being ridiculous and stubborn about the CRX. So I'm being ridiculous and stubborn.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I think ignorant would clearly define your outlook on the subject.

My original comment takes into consideration price. The STI goes for around $47,000can. For someone who doesn't have that type of money, they can build a CRX that easily walks all over the STI for much less. Where as to modify and buy an STI is a huge investment for your average person and simply isn't feasable.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:36 PM
No tears. Only dreams, now.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (channy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by channy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think ignorant would clearly define your outlook on the subject.

My original comment takes into consideration price. The STI goes for around $47,000can. For someone who doesn't have that type of money, they can build a CRX that easily walks all over the STI for much less. Where as to modify and buy an STI is a huge investment for your average person and simply isn't feasable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

"X Car &gt; Y Car!"

"Yeah but.... I can put $9000 in mods on my Y car and be better than yours!"

At the end of the day, it's still a CRX. And the STi driver, with extra disposable income will have more money to throw at his STi-zilla anyway. It's pointless to do. Unless you like pissing off stock STi's and giving their owners a reason to spend 3000 on an exhaust system, fuel management and a huge turbo.... giving them 400hp.

Once again, the ability to make more power on new cars is &gt; the CRX.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wes V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dang Vash;

What you are saying has validity and if viewed from your perspective, can be said to be true.

However you are not going to convince most of the people on this section of the site to sell their cars, so why not just hang it up.

The reason we don't all drive the same cars is that different people want (or need) different things out of them.

Wes</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know, and you know, but I'm just arguing for arguing's sake anyway. That... and the fact that I'm right, and I like being right.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So why don't you use all the horsepower to haulass to a different site?
Old 10-13-2005, 04:58 PM

I am not trying to be a buzzkill here Vash, you are doing a good job at that yourself, but if you are so opposed to the ED/EE/EF why are you even posting in this thread, or forum for that matter?

I can't stand Ford Motor Company, but I am fairly certain you will not find me posting negative things regarding those on Mustang or F150 websites. We all know you like your Sti better than your own johnson, that's fine, more power to ya. Don't push your views on people that don't agree with you, that just proves how rediculous you are acting towards people that you are supposedly sharing a common bond with.

Get a clue, VashTheStampede, you might want to try going somewhere where people give a **** about your arrogance and backwards viewpoints, I sure as hell don't give a **** about you or your negative views. I enjoy my Hatch as I am certain most people here enjoy their 4g Civics and 2g CRXs, try enjoying your POS somewhere else as I am tired of reading your BS in a thread you have nothing to do with. Have a nice day .
Old 10-13-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: (VegasEFHB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VegasEFHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am not trying to be a buzzkill here Vash, you are doing a good job at that yourself, but if you are so opposed to the ED/EE/EF why are you even posting in this thread, or forum for that matter?

I can't stand Ford Motor Company, but I am fairly certain you will not find me posting negative things regarding those on Mustang or F150 websites. We all know you like your Sti better than your own johnson, that's fine, more power to ya. Don't push your views on people that don't agree with you, that just proves how rediculous you are acting towards people that you are supposedly sharing a common bond with.

Get a clue, VashTheStampede, you might want to try going somewhere where people give a **** about your arrogance and backwards viewpoints, I sure as hell don't give a **** about you or your negative views. I enjoy my Hatch as I am certain most people here enjoy their 4g Civics and 2g CRXs, try enjoying your POS somewhere else as I am tired of reading your BS in a thread you have nothing to do with. Have a nice day .</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. I don't own an STi, and it's not better than a CRX! I HAVE SAID THAT 234294867 Bazillion times!

I said that new cars are better than CRXs.

Edit your post so that I can reply to it again!
Old 10-13-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: (jisu009)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jisu009 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So why don't you use all the horsepower to haulass to a different site?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because I know wayyyyy too much about CRXs to let it go. Sorry. I may dislike them, but I'm helpful. I'm like a ninja double-agent wolf in sheep's clothing.

They're good cars, but I'm just saying that in 10 years, none of you should own one as a DD. That is just retarded.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright....you've convinced me. I am posting my hatch for sale.

Should I buy the WRX Vash?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VegasEFHB)

One things some of you are missing.
Cars like S13/14/25/Evos/WRX's might have some shiny bits, and some nice engineering but...

...the CRX design was ground-breaking when it came out (who cares I hear some of you say...)......

....*AND* it CONTINUES to look HOT even by todays standards!!!

(IMHO...there are VERY FEW cars that look anywhere near as good as a clean EF)

I still do a double-take sometimes after parking one of my EFs...and nothing anyone can say will change that.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: (jisu009)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jisu009 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright....you've convinced me. I am posting my hatch for sale.

Should I buy the WRX Vash?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lmao... you'd rather die in that thing than accept that I'm right.

Anyway, how should I know? Knowing you, you'd think it was a pile of crud. Why not test drive a bunch of things?

I'd say go towards an SRT-4... and don't expect a big trade for that hatch.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: (SlobberGoat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlobberGoat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I still do a double-take sometimes after parking one of my EFs...and nothing anyone can say will change that.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like a nervous twitch.. I'd perscribe a muscle relaxant.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:56 PM

I would rather admit a mistake than edit a response that I still feel is correct. I admit I am mistaken by saying you own an Sti, but that doesn't change the fact that you are still prejudiced against the ED/EE/EF generation over a newer car. I am now quoting you, and self admitted you do not care for the product you are speaking of. Why are you doing this when it was never an issue to begin with? I am sure you understand that people care more for quality craftsmanship at the time of construction (and yes I do own an 88 with ZERO rust, and yes she is a New England car that would normally be prone to such cancer after the first few trips to the store), good performance, and excellent experience for both beginners and veteran wrenches alike.

Does that suit your need for a valid response, Vash?

BTW... I have test driven several new vehicles, 05 and 06, and I have not found anything near the fuel economy (other than a wasteful hybrid battery car, give me a break) and simplicity to drive as the EF generation.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This thing about having a new car is the only way to just kills me. I've had a couple new Accords, and now have an RSX which is a really nice to rip around in. With that being said, i don't think its really a better car for say than the couple crx's i still have too.

I have yet to drive any other cars (within a decent price range) that come close to being as fun as a CRX or Civic hatch. That go kart type driving is just the best!
Old 10-14-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: (Deetz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deetz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have yet to drive any other cars (within a decent price range) that come close to being as fun as a CRX or Civic hatch. That go kart type driving is just the best!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree 100%.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VashTheStampede &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I said that new cars are better than CRXs.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I greatly disagree, with this statement. New cars are not better than old cars, with a few exceptions. Comparing a WRX to a CRX is apples to oranges anyway, but I'll start a list with why new cars are not suporiour to old CRXes.
1. OBD2 sucks, it is terrible and if you plan on any real mods, you gotta do something else.
2. Lots of extra weight and safety BS, in the new cars. That means worse acceration #'s with equal power, worse braking and worse handling caracteristics, loss of the light "tossable" feel. To acheive the same performacnce More technology must be applied, i.e. more money.
3. Parts are more expencive.
4. With everything going to AWD, then you got allot more stuff to break, and alot more grip to make it break.
5. Worse gas mileage. Important these days.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VashTheStampede &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
They're good cars, but I'm just saying that in 10 years, none of you should own one as a DD. That is just retarded.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think the topic was asking anything about them still being daily drivers it was simply where will it be? I won't be daily driving one in 10 years, but not necesarily because I will want to drive something else. It will be because I will need a bigger car, for I will most likey be starting a family and need the space. That and the fact that they will be getting more and more rare, and I will want to limit the chances of it falling victim to tradgety, and the spoils of mother nature.

You said this on page 2 of this thread:

[<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VashTheStampede &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hate to break it to you guys, but you'll sell it. Seriously. It'll go away, and you won't miss it.

I was in your shoes once.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That implies that you don't think they are good cars like you just said. Most of us love these cars, and will have them as long as we can. It's just ludacris, we love them, sorry you don't appreciate them anymore. Sorry if it seems like I'm personally attacking you on this, I just feel strongly about my opinion on this, and personally know atleast 20 people that feel the same way, so I know there are hundreds more.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: (CRXBart)

Vash = hater!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fireant)

still in two colors

I'll try to hang onto my car for the sentimental purposes, but if I have to sell it I will. Heck by that time my jdm nick nacks will be worth a gazillion to the few crazies out there. (No you can't buy anything off of me now)
It'll be interesting to see how my (visibly known) rust free car will stand up.
As for DD purposes. Heck, 6 yrs into the game and I'm ready for something else to DD around in. I'm about to park my car in the garage and let it sit for who knows how long. It'll be at least away from suv's and the daily wear and tear.

I spent too much money already, and probably will continue. Daggumit, one day I'll have it painted, clean from top to bottom and maybe hit a mag or two.

Do I spend money for others approval? Maybe subconsciously.

It's somethin strange, an addiction to keep something old lookin its best possible, restoring old wheels, etc.

When I have more money, I will just not be as poor, that's all. I'll drive something nicer, probably never drive my ef, but heck, the money i'd lose by now isn't worth sellin it.

Gaw these are tin cans though, maybe I'll just build it for the track someday and live its last days out in glory.

these are the poor mans car

Modified by B16_madman at 2:44 AM 10/15/2005

Another thing.... So, some cars we love are getting older correct? I mean, it's not far away till the "classic" liscence plates are allowed on my car. What is going to stop a company that already makes reproductions of factory pieces and parts? Is there a difference between our generation and previous generations and their love for a certain automobile? I've had the idea that hey, why don't people like year one for example begin to branch out to the import vehicles from the 80's. Sure they're crap cheap cars, but so was the Nova and others not on my mind.
Thing is, I dont think this generation is any different in that sense and they'll continue to hold onto their first loves.

Modified by B16_madman at 3:01 AM 10/15/2005
Old 10-14-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: (CRXBart)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I greatly disagree, with this statement. New cars are not better than old cars, with a few exceptions. Comparing a WRX to a CRX is apples to oranges anyway, but I'll start a list with why new cars are not suporiour to old CRXes.
1. OBD2 sucks, it is terrible and if you plan on any real mods, you gotta do something else.
2. Lots of extra weight and safety BS, in the new cars. That means worse acceration #'s with equal power, worse braking and worse handling caracteristics, loss of the light "tossable" feel. To acheive the same performacnce More technology must be applied, i.e. more money.
3. Parts are more expencive.
4. With everything going to AWD, then you got allot more stuff to break, and alot more grip to make it break.
5. Worse gas mileage. Important these days.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. obd2 doesnt suck.. i pass emissions with no cats and with people developing software to flash your ecu it works just fine---kpro etc
2. a car is more safe so you wont die wanna die easiar take the saftey crap out than.
3. duh there new or dont have a gazzilion miles on them
4. awd whatever you break your 2wd crap too.. treat it sensibly it wont break.
5. a 300whp+ civic has great gasmileage?? no if your on the throttle it doesnt matter. gas mileage important keep driving a 4spd civic stock

another benefit of a newer car never thought of and i do.. no funny squeks clunks stiffer suspension and body.

i still like older cars though none the less just something to think about