Notices

WHAT WENT WRONG!!! *y1 tranny* pix inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT WENT WRONG!!! *y1 tranny* pix inside

i don't know what the hell happened, but the tranny was leaking so we pulled it to see if the seal was bad and we find this. the pressure plate tore the **** out of the inside of the bell housing, and put holes in the tranny!!!!!!

the engine just came form hmotors, i never pulled the bell housing off the engine till now, why would this happen? help!!

notice all the scrapes and gouges from the bolts on the p-plate

large goudge and 2 holes in bell housing

most of the heads on the bolts were sheared off and laying in the bell housing
Old 02-16-2006, 06:34 PM

lloks like it might not have been tightened down all the way and wallowed (sp) the holes out to where it was shaking and **** went flyin..... wtf i dont know.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe powershifting casue this ?
Old 02-16-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Re: (SkipMic2006)

Call HMotors see what they can do.

My only guess is something came loose, or a bolt broke and it all went down hill form there.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MENACE)

Damn, that sucks, maybe they forgot to locktite the bolts.
As for you leak, axle seals are common and cheap. Rear main or oilpan could be leaking also.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: WHAT WENT WRONG!!! *y1 tranny* pix inside (integra95gsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra95gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the engine just came form hmotors, i never pulled the bell housing off the engine till now, why would this happen? help!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's the problem. Who at least doesn't replace the clutch when buying a USED engine/transmission!

You didn't even pull it off to even LOOK at the clutch assembly?
Old 02-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WHAT WENT WRONG!!! *y1 tranny* pix inside (Jonathan_ED3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonathan_ED3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's the problem. Who at least doesn't replace the clutch when buying a USED engine/transmission!

You didn't even pull it off to even LOOK at the clutch assembly?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well captain obvious, im gonna go with no i didnt check it, unless u were planing on lending me a few hundred dollars for a clutch i would have been more than happy to check it!
Old 02-17-2006, 11:34 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra95gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well captain obvious, im gonna go with no i didnt check it, unless u were planing on lending me a few hundred dollars for a clutch i would have been more than happy to check it!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well buddy that seems to be your problem then. You dont buy a used motor and assume that the clutch is ok. You always change the clutch, timing belt, water pump, etc. Maybe you should not have bought the engine if you did not have the money to change the neccesary parts. You can kick yourself in the *** for this because I garuntee you that they are not gonna warranty it. Good Luck you will need it.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I told you to wait in the truck in Texas, United States
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: WHAT WENT WRONG!!! *y1 tranny* pix inside (nicks_jdmstyle_ef9)

That looks alot like my friends..

He did not loc-tite the bolts and it was leaking oil out the cam plug..
The oil dripped onto the bolts and eventually one loosened up..

We flushed the transmission out with diesel and had it welded back up.
It works fine with no problems now...
He did have to replace his "new" clutch though...

PS&gt;Yours kind of looks like it is leaking oil as well...
Old 02-17-2006, 02:05 PM

thats got to be the wrong flywheel
Old 02-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (flatblack crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flatblack crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats got to be the wrong flywheel </TD></TR></TABLE>

What ?
Old 02-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

subscribed

how and what happen to cause you to look at the tranny

oh nevermind u said it was leaking
Old 02-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the flywheel looks correct, also the p plate was labeled PR3 so im assuming it came loose? no idea im so confused!!!!

ps this is integra95gsr, im on my buddies name..
Old 02-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

..... ouch, looks like it took a ****
Old 02-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just get an B series housing and swap the gears over. It's no big deal. LS trannies can be picked up from scrap yards (cable of course) for next to nothing. I bought a B18A tranny for 50$ once. Used it to swap GSR with LSD into it for a cable clutch EF.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WHAT WENT WRONG!!! *y1 tranny* pix inside (nicks_jdmstyle_ef9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nicks_jdmstyle_ef9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well buddy that seems to be your problem then. You dont buy a used motor and assume that the clutch is ok. You always change the clutch, timing belt, water pump, etc. Maybe you should not have bought the engine if you did not have the money to change the neccesary parts. You can kick yourself in the *** for this because I garuntee you that they are not gonna warranty it. Good Luck you will need it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

congratulations your post was basically worthless, next time please dont waste your time if you dont have anything to say that is "TECH", we would all appreciate that!!

also i couldnt help but notice your sig? "if it aint broke then dont fix it", rofl ur the one telling me to blah blah blah, and then u have that hillbilly saying in ur sig, cute!
Old 02-18-2006, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you buy an engine that's supposed to run fine, there should be no need to take it apart. Otherwise they should've sold the engine/trans seperately.

"as is" does not cover hidden faults.

We're not all mechanics. So if you didn't touch it, it should have worked fine. It's a warranty case.

So indeed....it it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:55 AM

Default Re: (SETI20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SETI20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you buy an engine that's supposed to run fine, there should be no need to take it apart. Otherwise they should've sold the engine/trans seperately.

"as is" does not cover hidden faults.

We're not all mechanics. So if you didn't touch it, it should have worked fine. It's a warranty case.

So indeed....it it ain't broke, don't fix it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, if they are selling engines and transmissions that are pulled from a runnning car then really i dont see why everyone is telling him he fucked up buy not replacing it. The only thign he did wrong was not open it up and look at it. But again, if it was working fine when it was pulled then why shouldnt it when he installs it?

And as far as what needs to be replaced, The timing belt and water pump are the only 2 things i would replace. At most the only negative side affect he should have from not replacing the clutch on any motor he bought should have been that it might slip. Not destroy the case... And most of you ****'s are full of ****, anyways, maybe a few of yoiu would replace the clutch or ever open it up. But theres no way that all of you would, expletive i read the posts here everyday, and i see the stupid **** you guys do. So please stop telling him he fucked up.

Call Hmotors up and let them know what happend there good poeple and will work with you on this. Ive seen people get motors that looked fine but knocked when they ran, or threw a rod the first time they started them, and Hmotors took care of them.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah we emailedthem some pictures, just waiting for them to reply..
Old 02-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ludesrv)

so any b-series casing will work for it, cable, for the y-1 tranny?
Old 02-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Except the B20A and related ones.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:43 AM

Default Re: (SETI20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90civSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so any b-series casing will work for it, cable, for the y-1 tranny? </TD></TR></TABLE>

NO

90-91's have different internals
92-93's use the same internals as all hydro 94+ trans.

90-91's have small end bearings and shafts, also grouped shift forks
92+ have differnt seperate shift forks and larger end bearings

90-91 cable end bearings are much smaller and the problem is the whole gear set is different. You just cant get a differnet end bearing on slap it on to make it fit. The whole main/counter shafts on 92+ are larger as well. Your best bet would be warrenty or just get another working transmission or find out what years that trans. matches. Any more questions just ask i will help if i can.

Oh .. and if it was confusing the cases are machined to fit the larger end bearings and shafts.... so thats why it wont work unless you get one from the same years.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well the engine is a b16a obd0. so thats from 88-91, so im assuming with ur above info b20turboic, is that if we get a 90-91 integra cable b series bell housing we can just swap that? correct me if im wrong..

ps this tranny does belong to 90civsi, we are both working on it..
Old 02-19-2006, 07:33 AM

Default Re: (integra95gsr)

Well thats hard to say .. what year clutch does it use ?? I am pretty sure the old sir's were all the 90-91 style and never went to the larger shafts and internals till 92 when all civics went hydro. So yeah any 90-91 cases could be used just find someone with a junk tranny or bare cases and buy them up.

I may be able to help I have a tranny that i blew the diff out on drag racing so the front case is still good. Let me know I noticed your are close to where I live.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What I see from theoriginal pics is the center bolt is missing on the clutch rod. There is supposed to be a 12mm bolt holding the throw-out arm to the clutch rod. It's missing and if it ws loose in the first place, it would rattle around and shear off the PP bolts adn then you'd barely even be able to get the clutch to disengage. eitehr way, it's too late now for that , just make sure you fix it right this time and learn do always double check!

Quick Reply: WHAT WENT WRONG!!! *y1 tranny* pix inside