Notices

Turbo'n my D15B7.......e-bay???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo'n my D15B7.......e-bay???

so i plan on turboing my CRX soon...hopefully by the time winter is over. but i donno what turbo kit to use??? i dont have a lot of money seeing as im only 16 and dont make a lot of money lol. so i was either gonna build my own or buy this one from e-bay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItemwhat do you guys think about the one from e-bay??? does it have everything i need? would it be a better then building my own???

any info is helpful!!!

thanks
Old 09-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

build your own kit that kit will most likely cause nothing but problems
Old 09-07-2005, 08:57 PM

you think?....keep in mind that im still just a noob and dont kno much about installing a turbo....
Old 09-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (90efSI)

yeah ive heard ss auto chrome (ebay) kits suck, i heard the manifolds crack.

id say what he said ^^ build custom, save you money too
Old 09-09-2005, 11:31 PM

has anyone in here built there own??? can you give me any pointers/ hints???

thanks
Old 09-09-2005, 11:51 PM
$cat /dev/urandom

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (90efSI)

tips.. well here goes. first you are going to need something to bolt your turbo to. i would suggest a exhast manifold from a crx hf or a civic std. they have strange manifolds that are cast iron and only need an adapter plate to bolt up most normal turbos. did i mention it was cast iron. then you are going to need a turbo. i would suggest a leftover 13b or 14b from your local junkyard off a dsm, or if you have friends who have dsm's ask them for their old turbo's when they talk about having a 16g turbo on their eclipse. next fuel management. you are going to probably need a fuel pump and larger injectors. fuel pump, the walbro 255 seems to be the only way to go, but you might be able to source one that works from a turbo dsm also. and the injectors you can get the blue top 450cc injectors from a dsm or you can go really expensive and buy rc engineering ones. next intercooler.. you can use a front mount if you have lots of money, or you could use a dsm sidemount and just put it in the spot under your front passenger wheelwell where there is a void anyway, or hack the bumper bracing all to hell and go with a big front mount. the wastegate you can use can be the internal one on the 13b or 14b, just make sure you get the right parts to not run too much boost on your stock engine. and you can get a blowoff valve from a dsm, or you can buy any of many aftermarket choices. boost controller, just get a manual one for like $30 on ebay. that will keep you from hitting the low boost/high boost button on your stock setup. especially since you have to pop the hood to change the boost. and last but not least engine management. you should have your ecu chipped, unless it isnt a pm6. if its not a pm6, buy a pm6 that is already chipped and get a rom burner to create maps using turboedit... http://www.turboedit.com and http://www.pgmfi.com . then once you have it all together, you can take it to a muffler shop and have them weld up your intercooler piping, and the exhaust downpipe from the turbo. you might have to get a new radiator also, since the stock one kinda takes up a lot of room. with all this stuff, and a friend who is getting rid of a lot of old dsm stuff, you can probably have a turbo kit that wont blow your **** up for less than $500. or you could buy the ebay setup, blow your **** up, and start over with a new car. oh yeah and search is your best friend.. for better or worse.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gen2fanatic)

be careful... all I've seen is people selling **** from that auto chrome ****... **** them don't go with that ****
Old 09-10-2005, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo'n my D15B7.......e-bay??? (90efSI)

wow **** that... they change their **** all the time... don't deal with it go with quality stuff...