Notices

Strange problem with my front corner lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange problem with my front corner lights

Ok well my door locks now so onto annoying problem #2. When my headlights are on or off and a go to use my right turn signal everything works as it should but it looks like someone wired the lights up to flash the lower turn signal -> corner marker intermittently. there are relays under the hood that don't look like they belong there. And I just pulled a faulty alarms system out, previous owner seems like he THOUGHT he was an electrical engineer, alot of things are buggy with my electronics.

Here's where the annoying problem is, when i go to use my LEFT blinker, I HAVE 3 lights flashing, the 2 that are supposed to on the LEFT & my RIGHT amber corner keeps blinking. I really need this solved, as I really think this will confuse on coming traffic. Let me know what i can do to help you help me. I can provide picture of whatever you need, i'm posting this from my garage as i look at the car. I'm gonna take a look at my Haynes for wiring diagrams now, but if someone can give me a quick straight answer i'd be grateful. i have new turn signals and a new corner assembly en transit but they won't change the flash pattern, also i have a white parking light bulb on the RIGHT side out if that makes a difference n a new AC Delco turn signal/ hazard 3 prong relay . I HATE WIRING GREMLINS
Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Strange problem with my front corner lights

dang. it sounds like the guys tried to multi-wire it and failed. what you can do, that i did on mine, is figure out which circuit is meant for you corner/marker lights and make sure that the corners are connected ONLY it. That will fix your blinking problem. If you can leave all the prongs/attachments right on the lights, then just get the 2-wire setups connected up right. I know this may be the "ghetto" way of getting it done, but at least you'll be safe until you can get the entire harness figured out.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks i'm gonna post some pics of the relays set up in here cuz its a mess, give you guys a better idea of HOW ghetto it already is lol. Gimmie an hour im working on finishing up a defensive driving course online. All about them discounts. In other news, i put a Supreme Box bumper sticker on the back, at least that worked... +10hp
Old 06-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wiring headlights and markers is pretty easy too.

For the corner lights, there should be a red/blk wire and a ground
For signal, green wire and ground
That's the factory way anyways.
Sounds like they might have hooked up green and red/blk to the corner to make it flash intermittent. Some people do that to their sidemarkers.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if i can get it to work properly, i agree it looks cool. But flashing on the wrong side is a no-go for me. Any chance it could be a bad relay? i ordered a new flasher relay a few weeks ago, i been really busy, but im gonna have some pics soon so you can see what i see, thanks for the help tho.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

problem fixed, i took the bulbs out. Ghetto car, ghetto fix
Old 06-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sometimes led lights mess up the pattern bc they need relays in place to protect the circuit. also, they may have shorted the icu(integrated control unit)... its behind the fuse panel. so if they are led bulbs, replace them, fix the wiring, and replace the icu from a junk yard