Notices

REWARD: Grinch Stole my Authentic EF8 RHD CRX SIR

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REWARD: Grinch Stole my Authentic EF8 RHD CRX SIR

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/...7625608322716/

Stolen between the evening of 12/14 and the morning of 12/15 was my 1990 RHD Honda CRX SIR. JDM model all original 10 digit vin#EF81101045, in factory Torino Red Metallic Pearl (Maroon) with Glass Top, all stock, 15" honda accessory wheels (not shown in pics). Original drive-train in car is a B16A1 with Y1 trans with LSD engraved in trans plate between (engine and trans). Car indicates in KHM and had 114,### on the odometer. JDM cars do not have a vin number under the windshield, or on dash like USDM cars. The vin number is on the right door jamb sticker, a blue vin plate on radiator support behind left headlight and the firewall of the engine compartment. Car was wearing an April 2011 inspection, PA plate #HPA6944 with current registration stickers until for either Aug or Sept 2011. There is moderate damage to hood and front left headlight as it was damaged in a traffic accident. Car was stolen from my home in a good part of philadelphia, not known for grand theft auto, hell we haven't had a homicide in over 4 years. Car was seen by me last night at 9:30 PM where it was parked and noted missing at 7:30 AM this morning and police called. Note pics of property attached, car was parked beside my jeep.

Details of theft are that the car was parked in a private parking space owned by me behind my house next to my jeep (note pic). Car was locked, and battery was removed as it was being charged. Car was also leaking and low on coolant from the accident as there was damage to the radiator. Car had a pioneer avic touchscreen navigation system in the dash, although no other attractive items inside interior.

Car appears have to been broken into on the right side as noted by 2 tiny remaining pieces of maroon door handle on ground on right side where it was last parked. As the car did not have keys or battery, it was either towed, or pushed or drug away from property, all of which seem more the challenge by the fact the car was missing a battery. I am not sure how hard it is to disable the steering lock on these vehicles. Battery replacement would have been also more challenging because the battery posts on a JDM battery are smaller, unless new cables would have been bought in advance, or cut and replaced with a donor USDM battery in the heat of the job. Parking place was well lit with motion lights and dogs in neighborhood including mine which did not alert anyone. Car seems to have been lifted quietly and quickly. There is a grade to lot such that the car could have been forced open and rolled down a common parking lot and further down the street to have been worked on under better cover, although the street is rather busy.

Police have been notified and have checked with Philadelphia towing to see if the car was reported for being towed, or if submitted as abandoned and towed. I have checked several local tow shops in roxboro to see if they have the car.

CAR IS STILL MISSING WITH NO INFORMATION. If anyone has any information, please PM me immediately. Please forward this message and post to any forums as you see fit. Quick sales on this car would be the b16 motor, ys lsd trans, honda 15 wheels, pioneer AVIC X920BT, JDM leather seats, rear seat, spoiler and hatch, doors with power windows and JDM door cards, JDM cluster reading 114,### KHM, as well as power folding mirrors too. At some point the glass top would be out there once the car is cut up, look for glass top sunvisors, map lights, and maroon glass top frame and bronze glass too. Please look for any weird combination of these items for sale out there.

REWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all you thieves, no this is not a for sale add. Get a job and buy your car or parts legit like the rest of us. Come back, I really f-ing dare you cowards!

Note to the theives, I have the REWARD I am offered above in the glove box of my other cars. If you have the ***** comes back take one of those cars and the reward. I won't even call the cops this time. F-ing ***** fawkers.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: REWARD: Grinch Stole my Authentic EF8 RHD CRX SIR

too much info to read but your best bet is to search on craigslist...best of luck...!!!

ninja edit;
looks like someone already posted a thread on this car
https://honda-tech.com/forums/northeast-115/stolen-honda-crx-sir-philly-area-2873862/
Old 12-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: REWARD: Grinch Stole my Authentic EF8 RHD CRX SIR

Originally Posted by BiG ChOr!Zo
too much info to read but your best bet is to search on craigslist...best of luck...!!!

ninja edit;
looks like someone already posted a thread on this car
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2873862

Yeah, as I've been busy dealing with the cops and my daughters surgery, Matt a friend of many years helped me post up some info.

I actually hadn't see his post, and wanted to modify it a bit. Offering the reward to the villians as well if they want to try this again.