Notices

Question for those of you with traction bars w/ adjustable radisu rods

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question for those of you with traction bars w/ adjustable radisu rods

Hi guys,

I just had a question about my CRX traction bar which I bought from Full Race. I'm about to install it into my car and I had a question about getting an alignment afterwards. I want to install it at my local hobby shop, and then I will have to carefully drive it to a nearby alignment shop.

How does the adjustable front radius rod affect the front end alignment? does it affect just toe in/out or does it also affect caster/camber too? I just needed to know so that when the guy at the alignment shop needs to set my aligntment, he'll know how to adjust the radius rod to get it to where it needs to be. Does making the radius rod "longer" cause it to go TOE OUT? and making it "shorter" cause it to go TOE IN?

TIA
Old 03-01-2005, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question for those of you with traction bars w/ adjustable radisu rods (BlueShadow)

I need to know also I, just order my traction bar last Friday..

Old 03-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for those of you with traction bars w/ adjustable radisu rods (ELAMINT5)

it wil effect caster, probably more than toe. I havent had time to mess with mine on an alignment rack yet.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for those of you with traction bars w/ adjustable radisu rods (krustindumm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krustindumm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it wil effect caster, probably more than toe. I havent had time to mess with mine on an alignment rack yet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool thanks, I'm probably gonna install it today. Just wondering though, does anybody know the length for the radius rod bolts? According to my FSM they are 12x1.25 but I needed to know the lengths. I'm gonna buy a few spares from the hardware store incase I break them while taking them off.

EDIT: You know what...does anybody know what the chances are of a 12mm bolt breaking when removing it? I thought that with all the corrosion and road debris on the suspension parts the bolt head might snap off if I take the radius rod bolts off. But I dont think that would happen right? especially for a bolt that big and for that specific purpose.

what do you guys think?

TIA

Modified by BlueShadow at 4:40 AM 3/5/2005
Old 03-05-2005, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for those of you with traction bars w/ adjustable radisu rods (BlueShadow)

for mine they needed to be shorter than the OEM bolts.

I'd say nyour chances of breaking them are very low.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for those of you with traction bars w/ adjustable radisu rods (krustindumm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krustindumm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for mine they needed to be shorter than the OEM bolts.

I'd say nyour chances of breaking them are very low.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? Was this for a Full Race traction bar? so the OEM bolts did not go down far enough? could I just use some flat washers to shim it up a little?
Old 03-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used oem bolts, i doubt they will snap, the bars adjust caster, thats it. however when you take off your factry stuff thats probably going to affect your toe, i drove about a week before i got my car aligned and had no problems. The alignment shop said that honda doesnt have caster specs , so i told them i wanted the wheels to be centered and for them to figure out how to make it have perfect caster, they did that i guess, and it rides great.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for those of you with traction bars w/ adjustable radisu rods (slowpokesi)

honda's DO have caster specs, i believe the spec for our cars is 2.8*

It's just not normally adjustable.