Notices

question on motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on motor mounts

here's the deal, i want to get a fullrace front crossmember for my crx, but it eliminates the front torque mount on the sohc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...28233

that auction is for energy suspension polyurethane inserts. since it only comes with the front and rear torque mount inserts, i will only have inserts for the rear.

with the oem rubber ones and an insert in the rear, do you think the sohc motor will move around too much without the front motor mount?

---------------------------------------------------------
also, i got some used b series mounts, but the polyurethane on them is all shredded up and junky. what kind of options do i have to repare these things? (pics later)
Old 01-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: question on motor mounts (pendejon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pendejon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">---------------------------------------------------------
also, i got some used b series mounts, but the polyurethane on them is all shredded up and junky. what kind of options do i have to repare these things? (pics later)</TD></TR></TABLE>

No seas pendejo!

You can throw those away and get new ones, they are no longer good. If they aren't too bad well then they make some polyurethane inserts for them. But sicne you said they already have junky polyurethane on them, are they aftermarket?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:09 PM

im gonna take pics in a sec, they arent too bad, but one looks rather crappy

what do you think about the inserts for the d series though? im getting the cross member before i even think about a b swap
Old 01-02-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: (pendejon)

aight, i dont know what kind of mounts these are. they were in a crx with a b16a cable trans for sure.

the rear one is the same gray metal with a black poly mount.

the other two are a red/orange mount in a gray metal bracket. here is a pic of the bad one.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Energy Suspension provides inserts for front and rear as you've found out, Prothane provides inserts for the Passenger side / Driver's side mounts I currently have Jim Fab custom torque mounts, but one of these days I'll remove the front and give it a drive and see how much movement I get. Right now my engine is solid and not going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: question on motor mounts (dr_latino999)

thanks for letting me know about those Prothane's.

Another question, anybody know what kinda b series mounts those are? i believe they may be hasport
Old 01-03-2007, 07:58 PM
ESP-net

Buy once drive off happy and solid

Throwing inserts onto the old 15+ year old OEM motor mounts is much like a bandaid...your still using the OEM mount (japanese cheap britle metal) with the britle OEM insert, if anything it puts more stress on the OEM middle insert with the added stiffness and stress. Then on top of that the mounts themself sometimes break after time. We made a direct replacement for the 3 motor mounts that are 100x stronger then the OEM mounts...

EF 88-91 Civic/Crx D series motor mount kit set of 3 for 88-00 D series engines...

http://www.explicitspeedperfor....html

We dont think the front mount is needed with our motor mount kits, with my h22 crx I can't even budge the engine with all of my weight...

If someone had to have a D series EF traction bar system with use of the OEM front mount I may be able to help out that person I do have a stock EF hatch D series for mock up...

If you lifetime SOHC's stay SOHC's I could do a packaged deal with the Motor Mount Kit and Traction Bar System that will work with the OEM front mount...either way with front mount or not we offer packaged deals...

World's Fastest Prelude is running our Traction Bar System

Modified by ESP-net at 9:17 PM 1/3/2007