Notices

Problem with car, but need answers on something?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with car, but need answers on something?

the other day I was driving to get my cars emissions tested before the dead line and on the way I got the B16 up in the rpm a little. Well when I got there I had to wait in a line for about 15 min. Instead of turning my car off i just let it ideal. When it was almost my turn I had looked away for a second. When i turned back the TEMP gauge was heading for the hot, my reaction was to turn the car off quickly and lift the hood. With the sound of boiling radiator fluid I lifted the hood and there was a crack in the front left of the radiator next to the left radiator mount. It was leaking fluid.
-Could it have over heated because that crack and it not having pressure?
-And since I am still running the 1.5 liter radiator with that compression, and with a B16 could that have caused it to crack from the pressure.

Should I just replace the radiator with a Si one or get a fuidyne since I am going Turbo in about 5 months? If I got a perfomance radiator what to get I have the HCP mount kit with front mount that i would like to keep so that puts an eg rad out of the question. So what would alow me to have space for a Turbo mani with T3/T4 turbo.

SORRY for all the questions
and sorry it is long.

thanks
Justin