Notices

AWD CIVIC

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD CIVIC

HAs anyone seen a functional AWD civic hatch? Ive been thinkin about starting the project of swaping in the undercomponents of a 5 door awd into my wee hatch. Any insight might help
Old 02-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AWD CIVIC (AnarKhyKustoms)

one advice, put your flame suit on ,cause thats all you will recieve
Old 02-24-2005, 03:36 PM

looks around for the fire i have the engine tranny installed and just wanted to see if anyone else has or was willing to attempt it.. who needs a 'prez when you got a turbo AWD civic hatch
Old 02-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need a Impreza if you want to push any more then 160whp down the assembly without it grenading on you, that's why.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: AWD CIVIC (dr_latino999)

its always one a week or something with the AWD ****, just buy a STI if you want AWD

for people who dont search on stupid stuff
Old 02-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AWD CIVIC (flatblkCR-X)

From Quebec City

http://public.fotki.com/morgie...turbo/

Old 03-09-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: AWD CIVIC (flatblkCR-X)

I didnt know honda made An STI..
and ive had a lil 1.5 l pushing out more whp than 160 easy...allits takes is a turbo and some real engineering...not just an intkae and a big ole rice can

Gotta Luv da Kanuks...crv stuff is just too heavy and dif to put in...the 5 door project is almost a direct bolt in......so far.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX TOAD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why? If you want AWD go buy a Talon/Eclipse, WRX, CRV, ETC...what is the huge craze with making hatch's and CRX's AWD. I'm so sick of seeing these posts...leave these poor cars alone from heavy modifications like these. AHH
You guys should get together
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1152610
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1152580 </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DrDisco69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And like I always say, if you have to ask, you're not going to do it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Need anyone say more
Old 03-09-2005, 03:06 PM

Yeha i saw those post but noone had any good links to a working model..other than the quebec guy. Its great al you do is serch for th e AWD honda post and can your spam. Im waiting on some custom drive shafts.the only thing i dont like about the setup is the solid rear axel which i swhy most would think the crv is a better running gear choice(not to mention the bigger and more capable motor/tranny) the reason behind the AWD HAtch is ive done everything else..just about every imaginable swap and kustom built turbo kits for everything imaginable. this seems like a project worthy of work. And i wanted to see if anyone else had accomplished such a task and what the final outcome was..Learn from our mistakes isnt only for the military..Id rather learn from someone elses mistakes so far its an easy project..tie will tell..and my 1.6lturbo will own any prez or talon out there...
Old 03-09-2005, 03:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AnarKhyKustoms &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didnt know honda made An STI..
and ive had a lil 1.5 l pushing out more whp than 160 easy...allits takes is a turbo and some real engineering...not just an intkae and a big ole rice can

Gotta Luv da Kanuks...crv stuff is just too heavy and dif to put in...the 5 door project is almost a direct bolt in......so far.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know why I am posting on this thread.... but...

A turbo easily makes that power... that isnt what he was saying... he said no more than 160 if you want to keep that tranny alive... as in "grinding assembly" What good is a powerful motor when you are going to blow the transmission to crap... every time you step on it a little.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: AWD CIVIC (CooBlueDAB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CooBlueDAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont know why I am posting on this thread.... but...

A turbo easily makes that power... that isnt what he was saying... he said no more than 160 if you want to keep that tranny alive... as in "grinding assembly" What good is a powerful motor when you are going to blow the transmission to crap... every time you step on it a little.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so true, so true
Old 03-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the rear diff will explode unless you forge it. you got the money to do that, then build that **** up.

otherwise listen to what people are telling you.

your going to blow up the drivetrain, and its not a true AWD anyway, its really more like a Limited Slip Differential with the front and rear wheels.

but since your an expert, you already knew that. a DSM is ******* dirt cheap, my friends eclipse destroys my fwd, and hes not even running a lot of boost.

and if he blows his tranny, its a simple trip to the junkyard to get another one for cheap.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:07 AM

FRee parts are always a benny..and yeah without my mods it is just a dual lsd setup. its just i love the hatch and AWD in it will help me in th mx circuits while stil keeping me in the DM bracket. Daily driver not practical. I used to run my 200hp civic (1.5/6 turbo) abd could get about 6 months without any tranny probs. it just seems theres a lot of haters out there..but all the input and concerns is great. now if only honda jumps on the wagon and makes me nice AWD hatch with like a h22 in it or somn...ill buy it till then ill make somethin
Old 03-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AnarKhyKustoms &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didnt know honda made An STI..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

was i the only one who saw this!!!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: AWD CIVIC (si_bat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si_bat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

was i the only one who saw this!!!!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

no .. just the only one willing to touch that lol.....
Old 03-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CooBlueDAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no .. just the only one willing to touch that lol..... </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol you know you laughed when you read that too.
or got one of those stupid looks like did he just say that.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NIEN
Old 03-11-2005, 06:44 AM

The point being if i wanted something other than a Honda id buy one...
Old 03-11-2005, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AnarKhyKustoms &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The point being if i wanted something other than a Honda id buy one...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have long since quit dreaming of an AWD honda... I would build a rear engine civic before attempting an AWD again...
Old 03-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AWD CIVIC (Keith P)

Honda did make a SOHC DB, and EG 4dr AWD cars in Japan. The Integra was called a ZXi 4WD.

http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/Mod....html
Old 03-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Banned

Search. Do it.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: (LSVTEC 91 Civic)

Woot Collective racing..from teh home town..and thx i know how to serch...but still havnt seen a awd hatch.non 5 door
Old 03-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AWD CIVIC (dr_latino999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dr_latino999 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You need a Impreza if you want to push any more then 160whp down the assembly without it grenading on you, that's why.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you referring to a Civic AWD or CR-V AWD drive system? Or are they similar enough that either would explode at 160WHP?

I’m curious because I’m going to collect a ’90 Wagon in a few days and I was wondering what my expectations should be as far as modification. The furthest I was imagining, at the moment, was the semi-stock d16 w/ a JRSC or Greddy Turbo Kit (or any other setup w/ the likes of 6-8PSI).

I haven’t been able to find any Civic Wagons with more than a ZC and some bolt-ons. So, I wasn’t anticipating the drive train to hold more than 150WHP, or it would have been done.

Old 03-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AWD CIVIC (Stop the Beast)

it will be sweet if you can get it to run right How much weight will the awd system add? Whatever it is, it will be way lighter then a wrx or evo
Old 03-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AWD CIVIC (Ace$nyper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ace$nyper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NIEN </TD></TR></TABLE>
at least spell it right....

Quick Reply: AWD CIVIC