Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

Repeated Trans Mount Failure CRV EX AWD

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repeated Trans Mount Failure CRV EX AWD

Has anyone experienced repeated transmission mount failure on their 2004 CRV (UK built)? I recently bought this vehicle and noticed it had a torn trans side mount - driver side mount- causing some vibration, so I installed another OE mount from Honda. Within two weeks the rubber was splitting on the new mount. It appears there is quite a bit of rearward movement at the mount when the vehicle is placed in forward gear, causing undue stress on the rubber isolator. All the other mounts on the vehicle have no visual tears or splits and appear to be serviceable. I tried making adjustments of the trans mount bracket but I do not believe it helped in minimizing the movement much. Any helpful comments will be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-15-2018, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Repeated Trans Mount Failure CRV EX AWD

no problem here with my japan built 2005 MT awd cr-v. Does energy suspension make motor mounts for your application ? That would be a cheap fix, i've had good luck fixing this issue on older hondas i had in the past
Old 09-16-2018, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Repeated Trans Mount Failure CRV EX AWD

If you do decide to go with a urethane mount it will probably last forever, but get ready for vibration! The lower engine mount is a notorious failure point on the 1st gen CR-V so after finding mine pretty well torn up I replaced it with a urethane mount. I drove it that way for about 30k miles before I just couldn't take the noise and harshness anymore. It's a pretty simple replacement so I decided to just buy an OE-style mount from Rock Auto and replace it as often as necessary. Cost me like 29 bucks I think and it was still hangin tough 70k miles later when I sold the vehicle.