Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

excessive oil burning

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 07:28 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default excessive oil burning

I started going to Honda Newmarket about the engine making noise and noticed the engine oil was almost empty although they had done an oil change earlier. From memory I think the car was showing 60% oil life and yet the dip stick showed there was almost no oil and no indicator coming on.

Service rep from the location said that we needed to start an oil consumption test and also I was over 100000 miles or kms and over 5 years and out of warranty, if this was an oil consumption problem with the engine!!!!!! Imagine my amazement as my car was only 5 years old for heaven's sake!!! He also said I would have to call Honda Canada head office maybe they would pay part of it. Now I was getting really frustrated. So I continued for the following months going there and getting paranoid of my car gradually. I don't even know when it could die on me as it doesn't show anything. I live in fear of driving my own vehicle while I am on the roads now!!!

I keep hearing a rumbling noise coming from the inside and when I took it into Honda they did a test and said they heard nothing.

Yesterday I went there again(Honda ) and this time dealt with a rep who now informed me that the warranty has been updated and it is now 200000 mile or km (unsure which one) and extended to for motor oil consumption and I don't recall receiving any thing about this in the mail. So there is a problem with the oil consumption on 2010 CRVs obviously and they are playing with owners and keeping this hush hush?????!!!!!

I have a colleague at work going through the same problem with a similar vehicle make model and year and after reading on here about other people having similar issues I seriously think HONDA should do a recall and fix all these cars or find other solutions!!!!

Does Honda even read these comments???can anyone tell me?? Has anyone thought of doing a class action with this issue? Or making this public to see how many other people have that same issue - TV, newspaper, social media?

I am really frustrated with that problem and I don't want to pay for something that is defective from manufacturer !!!!