Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

2003 element green aux plug wire colors and job they serve

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 element green aux plug wire colors and job they serve

Ok guys here's the deal I had originally installed a kenwood bt954U into my wifes 03 element ex that comes with the factory aux, However I had to redo the entire system in my wifes car since she wanted more space in the back whic means I need to build a new fiberglass enclosure as well as a few other things

Before I pulled EVERYTHING out I had gotten the stock aux plug on the dash wired up properly to work with the aux input in the back of the kenwood radio...HOWEVER now that I am in the process of redoing EVERYTHING " 3 amps, 1 for the 12" polk momo subwoofer "best model they made from the polk momo line as it is a PURE SQ sub, 1 4 channel that will be biamping a set of components and, 1 2 channel amp that will be bridged to a set of midbass "subs" in custom kicks

My problem is ever since I pulled the damn thing apart I cant for the life of me to get the stock aux jack that is on the dash next to the power port on the passenger side to work, It worked PERFECTLY before I gutted the car in order to put in second skin products for sound deadening

I know its the green plug that is the stock aux plug that goes into the back of the radio but I seem to be missing something somewhere along the lines...

BEFORE you say "SEARCH NEWB" I have been for the last hour, I have come up with some info but it seems to be hit or miss

What I need is what each of the 6 wires that are on the green aux plug are connected to, I already know my left and right audio as I tested them with an aux cord pluged in and used my multimeter to find where they connected to on the harness, I know there was a common ground wire, and for some reason I remember on honda's that there is a stock aux "turn on or reckognize wire" that basically lets the connector know that something is plugged in

that is where I am having the trouble, "I seem to remember connecting 2 wires possibly 3" that need to be tied together to get it to reckognize that an auxillary input is plugged into the aux port on the passenger side dash

Also if someone would be so kind as to answer 2 questions just to verify what I have already verified???

I need to know what each of the 6 wires on the green plug are, I can figure out left audio,right audio and common ground but I need to know which of the 2-3 wires need to be connected either together or what needs to be done with the wires to make the aux input reckognize something is plugged in to the friggin thing

You can either message me on here, at tinctorus@aol.com OR call me on my cell at 954-647-2277, If I happen to not answer my phone just send me a text and I will get back at you ASAP
Thank you SOOOO MUCH in advance, I know the honda community is a very close knit group
THank you
Mike G