Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

1st time engine removal looking for some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 05:05 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st time engine removal looking for some help

Hello everyone. I have a 5speed 00 crv awd that I will be replacing a broken engine in. I purchased a jdm out of California. I am finding it difficult to find how tos video or info threads on how to accomplish it. I was told my engine has the rks sensor and that it will be a plug and play situation. From I have been able to gather I will be raising the vehicle and removing the engine from the bottom. I have questions as to what would be easier, removing engine and trans together or separating the engine from trans prior to removal. As well as what other components will I have to remove such as axel or any other suspension and drive train elements. Thank you in advance for any info.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1st time engine removal looking for some help

I just did mine last spring. Pretty straight forward .I dropped engine and tranny out the bottom together. Your should have the crank sensor behind the pulley ,check to see if your JDM has it,if not you'll end up swapping out the oil pump. Depending on what happened to your old motor you could use it. Also look closely at intake fittings ,I needed a vacume port that wasn't on the JDM .Also Several of the things on the intake would not match my plug ins. And my dizzy was different too.It sounds worse than it is ,just take your time and compare things.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:11 AM
Trial User

Default Re: 1st time engine removal looking for some help

Originally Posted by Russ Carr
I just did mine last spring. Pretty straight forward .I dropped engine and tranny out the bottom together. Your should have the crank sensor behind the pulley ,check to see if your JDM has it,if not you'll end up swapping out the oil pump. Depending on what happened to your old motor you could use it. Also look closely at intake fittings ,I needed a vacume port that wasn't on the JDM .Also Several of the things on the intake would not match my plug ins. And my dizzy was different too.It sounds worse than it is ,just take your time and compare things.
I was told by the distributor that the engine I ordered does have the crank sensor so I don’t think I’ll have to swap the oil pump, however I will need a new one or so I’m told bc the old motor had a rock knock. The engine also comes with a distributor. I’ll hope for now that they connectors are the same. My car is a 8 prong was also told the new engine is a 8 prong connector for the dizzy. Yes I have made the decision to take it out of the bottom. Thanks for the info. Really would like to see some videos of the swap being done. YouTube has failed me. Maybe I’ll record mine and upload it.