Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wrecked my car....

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 08:26 PM
NASIOC.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrecked my car....

Ok so i thought this would never happen... I was driving down Franklin (a main street) a guy in a white raised truck was just stoped at a green light... As i aproached him he started to move so i braked a little and then out of NO where he just brakes... JUST SLAMS on the brakes... I do this too and i skid right into his toe hook... It wasnt that bad... beside my hood poped and well it wouldnt close.... so i was like ****... i drove over to boarders to get my corners for my car and take a look at the damage...

There were no leaks or anything that i could see on the motor that was busted... After driving home i was able to pull some **** off... Well i didnt take pictures of the bumper on the car, but i have one with it off... Oh and it bent my rad support 3 1/2in back from where it should of been...

Yeah i know it doesnt look like much but it was prob at 35mph and it really fucked with my back... After i got out of the car to look what happend to what damage i did to the other guys truck... oh wait there was none... He got pissed off at the fact that i hit him... which i could understand, but when i asked for his insurance so i could give him mine, he just got back in his truck almost backed into me and took off! i was like what the ****... But my back is hurting... and this is what i spent the rest of my friday doing...

Here is a picture of the bumper when it was pulled out... kick *** hammer and sludge hammer!

Well i want to replace the front end... i just want to get a new rad support, and that metal bar that connects the frame rails together... dont know what its called... also some fenders, head lights... everything that has to do with the front... oye...

Well guys i need some imput... what should i do other tehn what i said

Old 05-27-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Wrecked my car.... (Otherguy)

hey man sorry to hear that, good thing it didnt do any more damage to it, you should be able to fix it if you just do the things that you already said.

but if you got his liscence plate i think you could get that guy in trouble for a hit and run even though you hit him because if it is like over 1000$ i thought you had to have the police come make a file or something. i dont know but good luck getting it fixed and hopefully your back isnt messed up too badly
Old 05-27-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Wrecked my car.... (eg4usdm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg4usdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but if you got his liscence plate i think you could get that guy in trouble for a hit and run </TD></TR></TABLE>

they dont have to know you hit him. cause he ran so you can flip the script

from the pic the fender and headlight looks good.. unless the pic doesnt show the damage
Old 05-27-2005, 08:55 PM
NASIOC.com

Default Re: Wrecked my car.... (longbeachpurplecivic)

they do look good... its just i want to get like a "front clip" so i can repair most of the damaged ****... the rad support needs to be changed... it looks like the frame is bent too =\
Old 05-27-2005, 08:58 PM

what exactly is damaged?
Old 05-27-2005, 09:00 PM
NASIOC.com

rad support, looks like the frame... maybe... ummm... the frame support bar... that thingy in the front... drive side corner, and fender so... far....
Old 05-27-2005, 09:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Otherguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">r that thingy in the front....</TD></TR></TABLE>

im assuming that would be the bumper beam sucks good luck on finding all the parts for your repair
Old 05-27-2005, 09:06 PM
NASIOC.com

im thinking about fixing it, or buying front clip or trying to sell my car for a hatch
Old 05-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well.. sorry to hear, but if you really think about it, its better off for him running away because

1. you hit him, so its going to be your fault anyways
2. he can be a dick and call the cops, telling them how his back hurts, add some bullshit, etc etc and get insurace money from your insueance, thus you having a record on your insurance
3. he can do that and you have to pay a higher premium, but he left, so the only expense you have is to fix your car
Old 05-28-2005, 01:24 AM

we now know not to tail gate a raised white truck now right??? lol, jk

good luck on fixing your car yO!