Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

worst b20 times ever... what u think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worst b20 times ever... what u think?

never ran the car nor had any track times.

1st run: full interior with "10 bazooka
reaction: .746

2.334 I1
6.399 I2
9.780 I3
71.694 mph (13)
12.717 I4
e.t 15.223
89.985 mph

2nd run: took off seats; pass and rear

ET 15.254
90.545 mph

i think these times are horrible.. a gut with a ls with basic bolt ons ran 15.624 it was his first time also..

this is 93 hatch with 97 b20b and si trans.. i heard people on this board running mid to low 14..

this was at sacramento race way weather was hot 90-100 degree. and i do got ac belt on.. along with k&n filter with cheap shortram.. with full catbacr rsr exmag...

so embarrassing..

these were time trials.. it was too hot i left when they started the elimination.. i was 4 cars away from the 3rd run.. but they let all mota.. cut and then cut the lines short for pocket bike.. pocket bike run was free for anybody.. they wasted an hour of track time.. not many people have pocket bikes.. so those people got 4-5 runs.. which was more than i did.. soo pised after waiting for 1 and a half hour in the hot sun and not get to run.. that was why i left..

any thoughts...?

plus what does the I1-4 mean? neat to the times?
Old 06-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: worst b20 times ever... what u think? (b-powa)

what trans do u have, also your 60 fts are bad, work on launching, did you air down your tires to 22 or so psi?
Old 06-27-2004, 09:22 PM

Default Re: worst b20 times ever... what u think? (xerox445)

it was 00 si.. one of the best... the tires are potenza re-01 jdm.. i let down to 22.. thew third i was gonna let down at 17 but did not get to run.. it felt like it grabbed pretty good.

i wanted to use slicks but.. it would not fit my 114.3 lugs.. i launched at 2 and the second at 2.2 or so.. it peeled all through 6 rpm at first.. then no more.. it was the best the motor can do it looks like... how do i drop my 60.. probably never go again though.. unless my car is supped up well.. long drive and not many runs not worth it.. but i just had to expierence it.. $$ to drag..
Old 06-27-2004, 09:25 PM
EPIC TUNING

you would probably get better times with a gsr tranny....
Old 06-27-2004, 09:29 PM

Default Re: worst b20 times ever... what u think? (rewsnaeht)

can u explain.. b16 has closer gears..
Old 06-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: worst b20 times ever... what u think? (rewsnaeht)

hmm...i'd just say work on your launching
Old 06-27-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Re: worst b20 times ever... what u think? (b00st)

if my launch was good what do u think the time will drop to? .. or how bad is it anyway,, any tips... besides just working on it..
Old 06-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your launching your car at 2200 rpm????
Old 06-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a 15.2 in hot weather isnt that bad man. its actually pretty good.
if you get your 60 foot down to a 2.1 you will have a very solid 14 second slip (14.8 range)

i dont really know what you are expecting, its a b20. its not made for racing. just play with your launch and tire pressure.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wish i could run my car at the track to see
Old 06-27-2004, 10:08 PM

Default Re: worst b20 times ever... what u think? (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a 15.2 in hot weather isnt that bad man. its actually pretty good.
if you get your 60 foot down to a 2.1 you will have a very solid 14 second slip (14.8 range)

i dont really know what you are expecting, its a b20. its not made for racing. just play with your launch and tire pressure. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the **** is my homy rand the same time his first run but he has a b16a1 which i use to have and it felt way slower than the b20 i have now.. the second was 14.8 jellous... the **** is it is also a heavier ek hatch... it was all stock no intake, (stock box) with just pipes and no muffler.

i was expecting these times.. and there are more where that came from: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=844714

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=893201
Old 06-27-2004, 10:09 PM

Default Re: (b20boost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b20boost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wish i could run my car at the track to see</TD></TR></TABLE>

what i always wanted to do .. u just gotta go and do it..

rather autocross or road race anyday.

Modified by b-powa at 7:38 AM 6/28/2004
Old 06-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man I feel your pain when it comes to not getting the time you hoped for or feel the car is capable of.I ran a 15.7 but I think the car is capable of going a little faster.I never ran before either so all this was new for me,but even though it was really hot and they made us stand around alot...I had fun,I learned more about my car and got to meet some new people.A couple more runs and minor adjustments and youll get the times you want
Old 06-27-2004, 11:12 PM
TSPeed Factory

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b-powa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can u explain.. b16 has closer gears..</TD></TR></TABLE>

took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Re: worst b20 times ever... what u think? (GreenCivicEg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GreenCivicEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey man I feel your pain when it comes to not getting the time you hoped for or feel the car is capable of.I ran a 15.7 but I think the car is capable of going a little faster.I never ran before either so all this was new for me,but even though it was really hot and they made us stand around alot...I had fun,I learned more about my car and got to meet some new people.A couple more runs and minor adjustments and youll get the times you want </TD></TR></TABLE>

were u there at CMI what was your setup and car. and how many runs did u get.. it was an expierence, it would have been more fun if the drive was not far and if it were'nt so hot. plus i only had 30 min of sleep the night before.. going home i swearved a few times falling asleep.. i had to pull over alot to adjust my eyes.. i was by myself when i drove
Old 06-28-2004, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

15.2 on a b20 is pretty good times considering it's freaken hot as hell in sac.

You definately have to improve on your 0-60ft. Try putting on some MT skinnies or M&H skinnies. Those wil bring down your 0-60ft to around to below 2.0 sec.

And if you're still hella **** about this, just hook up a nitrous kit and shoot a 75 shot you'll be down in the 13's.

But if you got some dough, get a VTEC head and put that baby to work!

B20 is pretty much all torque with not that great HP. B16 is the total opposite, high HP but low torque (known as the torqueless wonder). Put the two together and WOW what a wonderful combo. You'll have torque and up your HP.

Good luck next time...
Old 06-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b-powa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

were u there at CMI what was your setup and car. and how many runs did u get.. it was an expierence, it would have been more fun if the drive was not far and if it were'nt so hot. plus i only had 30 min of sleep the night before.. going home i swearved a few times falling asleep.. i had to pull over alot to adjust my eyes.. i was by myself when i drove </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAH,I did the same thing on the way home too.I stayed out real late saturday because I no intention of running the next day but when we got up there they talked me into it so I just did it.There was a bunch of hatches out there,but I had the dark teal one with CF hood and silver group n's.I just have a straight ls.My first run,I waited to long to take off..my second run I had to way to much wheel spin and my third run felt the best,I lowered my tire pressure to 25 (my first 2 runs were at 50 psi!) and took off real good,everything felt good until....I miss shifted.I think i got a little to excited and messed up on my shift.By far that would have been my best time of the day if it wasnt for that.I was hoping for more runs,but I only got 3.We could have had more if it wasnt for the pocket bikes and all the spills they had.I am going to head to sears in a few weeks,hopefully I get some better times.HOw far did you have to drive?I saw some people that were from as far as stockton.I drove from SF but luckily I live in vallejo,so the drive back was not as bad because I dont think I would have made it back to SF,I was really really tired and sleepy.I almost pulled over to take a quick nap.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:15 PM
I took way too long

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

60 foot sucks.

and your reaction time doesn't mean **** unless it's a handicap racing.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:32 PM

Default Re: worst b20 times ever... what u think? (GreenCivicEg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GreenCivicEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

HAHAH,I did the same thing on the way home too.I stayed out real late saturday because I no intention of running the next day but when we got up there they talked me into it so I just did it.There was a bunch of hatches out there,but I had the dark teal one with CF hood and silver group n's.I just have a straight ls.My first run,I waited to long to take off..my second run I had to way to much wheel spin and my third run felt the best,I lowered my tire pressure to 25 (my first 2 runs were at 50 psi!) and took off real good,everything felt good until....I miss shifted.I think i got a little to excited and messed up on my shift.By far that would have been my best time of the day if it wasnt for that.I was hoping for more runs,but I only got 3.We could have had more if it wasnt for the pocket bikes and all the spills they had.I am going to head to sears in a few weeks,hopefully I get some better times.HOw far did you have to drive?I saw some people that were from as far as stockton.I drove from SF but luckily I live in vallejo,so the drive back was not as bad because I dont think I would have made it back to SF,I was really really tired and sleepy.I almost pulled over to take a quick nap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

isnt stockton a close drive.. i was from san jose. i stopped at a friends house in tracy for a few beers and got even more tired on the way home. i hate those pocket bikes.. what spills were there.. i never looked at a single race or payed attention. too busy waiting in the hot sun

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">60 foot sucks.

and your reaction time doesn't mean **** unless it's a handicap racing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no advive huh just hate. a few people already already told me it sucks.. i did not think i spanned my tires much though.. wierd.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

j00 n33d Vt4cH!
Old 06-28-2004, 03:37 PM

Maybe it was your red valve cover... the honda god hater perps. Honda god says, only red top for type R motor.
Kidding homey, just be serious next time and do like everyone else, gut out your beat, rear seats and etc...
Old 06-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what did the pocket bikes run?
Old 06-28-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Re: worst b20 times ever... what u think? (neverscared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neverscared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe it was your red valve cover... the honda god hater perps. Honda god says, only red top for type R motor.
Kidding homey, just be serious next time and do like everyone else, gut out your beat, rear seats and etc...</TD></TR></TABLE>

if u read; i did the second run with no seats and beats..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by feri0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what did the pocket bikes run?</TD></TR></TABLE>

who knows they were just a big waste of track time.. i would have gotten a 3rd or 4th run if it was not for them.. first time they ever did it; and it had to be the first i was there also..
Old 06-29-2004, 10:12 AM

Maybe your just slow then... learn to shift quickly
Old 06-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: worst b20 times ever... what u think? (neverscared)

Those are pretty crappy times. i/h/e in my buddys eg coupe he went a best of 14.4 with ls tranny...and another friend with the b20 in an ek hatch used to go 14.6-14.8 with ls tranny i/h/e

Quick Reply: worst b20 times ever... what u think?