Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

wire-tucked ls-vtec(CMI)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wire-tucked ls-vtec(CMI)

I want to go time my car at Sacramento Raceway and I was reading through the NHRA rulebook online but I couldn't find info about wire tuck cars being prohibited. Does anyone have the info or email that I can reach the Sacramento Raceway officials at? I've tried getting their email from their website but my Outlook program isnt working so it doesn't give me an email address so I can just use my other email. Basically, I have a full wire tuck on my ls-vtec eg, with my battery relocated to the front driver side by the headlight (I got it that way...don't ask why it's like that LOL.). I know that the tech inspector guy is a *****. Last time, he almost didn't let me race because I only had 3 lug nuts on each rim. Sure, it's for safety reasons, but I put thousands of miles on it fine with just 3 lug nuts each. Also, would I need an ON/OFF switch for the battery since it is relocated? I had that same problem before by not having a switch when my battery was relocated to the trunk of my crx. Thanks in advance for any positive feedbacks.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:15 AM

you should have four lugs on all your rim i know here in cali they wont let you on the tracvk with out fourlugs and for the battery reloacation if its not in the stock place it needs a battery cut off switch mouted ouut side the car and the batterymust be secured down
Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 AM

as long as the battery is securely on, it should not be a problem. all race tracks make you have four lug nuts, if they let you run with three than that was a nice guy,
Old 11-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah. he let me race, but after i borrowed some lug nuts from another racer. well, it was only one of those wednesday night race, and not a NHRA sanctioned event so i thought that it shouldnt have been a big deal. anyone know anything about whether the full wire-tuck is prohibited or not???