Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

will eg suspension parts work on ek

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will eg suspension parts work on ek

I have some 92 hatch suspension parts from my old car I'm buying a wrecked 96 sedan. Will the rear suspension parts swap over or are they different they look to be very similar. I will probably need to swap over all the parts because I'm not sure what's bent. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: will eg suspension parts work on ek

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Also been searching for answers.

Anyways, I hear the front will fit. The rears will fit as well BUT you need a couple of washers to make them fit. What washers you ask? I really have no clue. Maybe someone can help us both with that lol

but yeah, I hear skunk2 sells the same coilovers kits for 92-00 civic but sells the ek ones with those washers.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

from what I've been reading the springs are the same from 92-00 but I just need to know if the rear trailing arms and rear suspension setup is the same. I know a lot of people use the disks from the integras so I would assume they would have to be pretty close.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I also have a set of shunk 2 adjustable upper control arms I wonder if they will fit.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

they will fit i had a ek with skunk 2 shocks n springs off a 97 n now i got a eg n use the same shocks n springs as far as i know it all line up
Old 05-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The lower rear control arms are different lengths for starters. They will not fit. The shocks are interchangeable with slight mods: Front shocks you need to keep the pinch forks from the EG on them as they are a smaller diameter shock on the EG; Rear shocks need I believe it's about a half inch worth of washers on the lower molt between the shock fork & the bushing, and also you will need to grind a very small amount of clearance off of the underside of the top of the fork on the inboard (side facing toward the center of the car) side to clear the lower arm when putting the suspension together in the rear. Another slight mod to the top hats: The EG shock upper mounts (top hats) have four little nubs around the top of the upper bushing holder (around where the shock rod goes through and has the nut & washer), they need to be ground down to fit through the holes in either the front or rear, but that part I can't remember. As for the trailing arms: Everyone says that all the trailing arms from 88-00 Civics & 90-01 Integras interchange, but I have a buddy that has told me that, for whatever reason, any of the trailing arms off of anything other than the EK, will swap to an EK but will cause the rear tires to stick out from the car (widen the rear wheel base) about an inch. Now I don't know this for a fact, because I have not tried it, but that's what he's told me. I trust him, and maybe it was a fluke once and from then on he did the rear disc swaps different and didn't figure it out, but anyway. The rear upper control arms are the same part number between EG & EK. The compensator (toe adjustment) arms are different part numbers, but they may interchange. Brake hoses shouldn't be a problem going from drum to drum, I'd recommend using the EG ones so you know they will attach the same to the trailing arm as they are technically different. The parking-brake cables also shouldn't be a problem, just keep the ones that are already on the EK on there.