Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wierdest problem eveerr!! This is a must read!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 Wierdest problem eveerr!! This is a must read!!

when i drive my car it starts out cool and it gets to the average temp for like 2-3 miles then sometimes it will heat up mosdt of the time but like today it didnt heat up for while...ive check all hoses for leaks and even have an extra fan..bleed the raditor and ive coverd like everythign i changed the thermostat witch my car didnt even have one because i bought the car from craighslist its a 1992 civic 4dr ex and they put a d15b7 with a y8head and a s40 tranny the car use to be an automatic but they converted it to manual ..the guy said it has oversides piston rings and they need to be broken in...but HERES THE WIERD THING WHEN I TURN MY BLINKERS ONMY TEMP GAUGE BUMPS UP IN BURSTS EVERYTIME THE BLINKER CLICKS???? WTFFFFF ITS CONFUSING IM THINKING MY CAR ISNT OVER HEATING AND THE COMPUTER OR SOMETHING IS JUSTT THINKING IT IS BECAUSE OF BAD WIRING...BUT IM ONLY !& DONT BE TO HARSH IDK MUCH YET IM STILL LEARDNING!!

the extra fan i have wired up is just a fan off an old radiator i mounted it blowing toward tha engine to help cool it lol prolly wont do much but yeah ima kid i wanted to try...its topped off with radiator fluid i dont have an oring on my dizzy tho i cant find one that fits at autozone or any other auto store...its pissing me tha **** off could that be why my cars overheating? because i do kinda loose alot of oil oonto my block and i havent added any since i got tha car ive been busy buying other ****...sucks being on such a low budget all the time well any help will do me good so drop me a line

Last edited by NubImports; 03-09-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Wierdest problem eveerr!! This is a must read!!

well the most probable cause for the blinker/temp gauge problem is that when the swapped it or some other time when somebody worked on it somehow shorted the wires from the blinker to the temp gauge wires somewhere in the circuit, you are gonna have to follow the wires from beginning to end to find the problem.
as for the heating up issue, why do you have another cooling fan? unless you are talking about the ac condenser fan which is seperate from your radiator fan. was it colder this time when you noticed it didnt heat up as fast? did the problem go away when you installed a thermostat? you need to be a little more specific
Old 03-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wierdest problem eveerr!! This is a must read!!

Originally Posted by iluvmyhnda
well the most probable cause for the blinker/temp gauge problem is that when the swapped it or some other time when somebody worked on it somehow shorted the wires from the blinker to the temp gauge wires somewhere in the circuit, you are gonna have to follow the wires from beginning to end to find the problem.
as for the heating up issue, why do you have another cooling fan? unless you are talking about the ac condenser fan which is seperate from your radiator fan. was it colder this time when you noticed it didnt heat up as fast? did the problem go away when you installed a thermostat? you need to be a little more specific
no like it still heats up but idk if its really getting hot or not? because the temp goes up when i turn the blinkers on its wierd idk whats wrong lol