Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Where to start with a shell?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start with a shell?

Hello everyone first off want to say hi caus I am a noob to this board. Been doing this for a while now but this is my first honda I currently have a 92 Hatch which I just purchased as a shell. My question to all of you is....IF YOU STARTED WITH A SHELL WHAT WOULD YOU DO FIRST?

I have already decided to paint the engine bay black, that way if I ever do a color swap there wont really be a need to paint the engine and spend more as this is not a show car.

Besides picking a motor and tranny, what should I do now that would save time in the future?
Old 07-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all welcome to H-T.
Second, Read up as much as possible.

Considering that you may have a full interior, i would gut it and clean it top to bottom. Then put everything back together.

See whats your budget and pick some nice suspension, brakes. Build the car from the ground up.

Painting the engine bay is a good idea.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Andres-eh2)

Thanks for the welcome and the input so far. The car does have a full interior yes...I was going to take it all out and see what I really need and dont, I dont mind extra sound in the cabin so the car might be pretty bare behind the front seats with just carpet and panels...but the front seats forward I would like to keep it attractive looking so no full race gut.

Yeah, painting the engine black I figure will keep me happy caus it will be universal in a sense because this car will need a paint job in the future but after the motor is put in.

As far as reading, I have been on this board reading as much as I can and also picked up a few books on Honda Engines at the book store. Right now just seeing what to clear out or play with while waiting for engine/tranny.