Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

whats wrong with my car???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats wrong with my car???

ok so here's the situation. last week when i was driving my car died not in your usual way. the automatic door locks started going hay wire locking and unlocking, then the tack in the rpm guage stopped working and vtec wouldn't engauge. when i would give the car gas nothing would happen and then after a few seconds the car would jerk as if it i jammed down on the gas. finally the light in the guage cluster started dimming the srs air bag and a whole bunch of other lights came on and the car died.

It just so happened that it died right in front of a pep boys so i figured i would just let them figure out what the problem was. Well they called me up a few days ago and told me i needed a new altenator so i told them to go ahead and fix it. So i go to pick up the car today and as im driving home with the brand new altenator that i paid $xxx for died in the exact same way. I had the car towed back there and told them what had happened and how they obviously didnt fix the problem... so im trying to get money back since they didnt fix the car and take some where else.

Now i know no one here can look at my car but judgeing from the way it died do any of you know what it might (btw the battery is fine)

thanks eric
Old 10-03-2005, 02:45 PM
.Ry
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats wrong with my car??? (BIGthings)

It does sound like the alternator, however its common for new ones to stop working right away. I would let them put in a new one in and try again.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: whats wrong with my car??? (turner7205)

I've gone through 5 Checker Alts since I did my swap, finally got a good one.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats wrong with my car??? (iheartmyceeareks)

Do you have a swap? Sounds like wiring/spark related. A lot of hondas are known for dying out of nowhere because of ignitors/dizzies. About no vtec.... dunno.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: whats wrong with my car??? (fast88std)

yea i swapped in a jdm b16 back in april and havent had a problem with it since. I just got the car back today and everything seems to be running fine. they said they couldnt find anything wrong with it even though the car dide right after the new altenator was installed. i was wondering if it does die again if it could be wire related or that somethings not grounded, or maybe even the ecu? thanks for the responses
eric
Old 10-05-2005, 09:12 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: whats wrong with my car??? (BIGthings)

i had something similar happen to me alot with a crx i had a b18 in and it ended up needing a new computer becasue some of the chips inside or whatever wasent getting sufficient contact...just and idea