Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What's the funniest/stupidest comment you've had on your civic?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (amy del sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amy del sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm kinda pissed i didnt get to hear the guy but ........ when i was leaving work one night, one of the managers at my job saw me getting in to my car (93 del sol s) and says to a girl i work with : "wow how'd she afford that car working here?"

</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaa

COOOOOLLLLDD BLLLLOOOOODDED
Old 03-03-2004, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What's the funniest/stupidest comment you've had on your civic? (NA_95d16z6)

Great thread
Old 03-03-2004, 06:49 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (sir2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sir2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha, asian wok.

We used to eat there a lot.

did not know they got it else where. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ha... hell yeah man Im from PA, the land that ricers built.

I love it here, my car drools like fu------ "aliens" over these kids.

For instance, there's this one kid that we kind of were friends, but not good friends. He always is talking **** on my hatch, everyday asking when its going to be done. I told him, " I dont rush my ****, and blow things up (salt in the wound)".

So, my other friends get wind of him and he starts asking them about my car. LOL even they dont know what I have, but the good friends that they are.... He asks what does he have??? My one buddy says I dunno man, but he has hella boxes in his basement and he wont even tell me whats in them. "I think the one says Toda or Mugen on it".

Guess, who doesnt talk **** anymore???
Old 03-03-2004, 06:50 AM
foz

Default Re: What's the funniest/stupidest comment you've had on your civic? (Mar_EK)

lol

I don't have many stories, just comments that get old, I drive a del sol w/ a CF hood that has a section painted and the car has no stickers or emblems on it. So I get the usual that's a neat sticker on your hood, how'd the get the paint to look like that, but the one's that get really old are the ... nice MR2 .... that's a cute car what is it? .....that's gotta be the lightest honda they made ...is that the new miata ...nice prelude(I've gotten this one over a dozen times) ...why'd you take off all the lexus emblems, you can't even tell what kind of car it is?
Old 03-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Trial User

Default Re: What's the funniest/stupidest comment you've had on your civic? (foz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol

I don't have many stories, just comments that get old, I drive a del sol w/ a CF hood that has a section painted and the car has no stickers or emblems on it. So I get the usual that's a neat sticker on your hood, how'd the get the paint to look like that, but the one's that get really old are the ... nice MR2 .... that's a cute car what is it? .....that's gotta be the lightest honda they made ...is that the new miata ...nice prelude(I've gotten this one over a dozen times) ...why'd you take off all the lexus emblems, you can't even tell what kind of car it is?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pittsburgh!! Wanna race ricer, I have an s2k motor in my hatch, with a HUGE Gt ball bearing HKS turbo that makes a wooooooooosfffff sound.....

Something Id just shake my head at

LOL typical PAer comment
Old 03-03-2004, 08:11 AM

Default Re: What's the funniest/stupidest comment you've had on your civic? (TODAeg6)

Someone told me that my EK Hatch looks like a big rollerskate. I've already been through the denial stage, but now I can look at it and admit that it does look like a rollerskate. I think I need counselling now.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:58 AM

Default Re: (93JDMHONDA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93JDMHONDA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like rocking the steelies...and everyone asks when im gettin some 18's...Im like WTF its a lowered 93 Hatch. I always get " Oh man a kit would look hot and with a paint job too"..My reply " **** You " and I always get girls sayin.." your car looks like you can be in the next Fast and Furious" and then they talk about that movie.. and I wish I could just punch them in the face.. And I also love beating V6 American Muscle cars with my stock D16Z6...its funny</TD></TR></TABLE>

One time I heard a guy refer to V-6's as American Muscle Cars...lol !

Old 03-03-2004, 10:55 AM

Default Re: (RangerDan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RangerDan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

One time I heard a guy refer to V-6's as American Muscle Cars...lol !

</TD></TR></TABLE>

true dat. I hate it when domestic guys think their 2003 mustang V6 or V8 is a muscle car. Muscle cars died with the last GTO...hate to break it to ya. Ignorant people, those "muscle" car owners....oh and according to them, ALL imports are slow, but they don't realize a WRX, Ferrari, Lambo is also an import...
Old 03-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (MrIllegalX)

just let them keep thinking that way
Old 03-03-2004, 11:14 AM

Ricer (looking at my Thermal exhaust): That tip make yor car hella loud
Me: umm
Ricer: How much you pay for it? I was tinking about getting one for my muffler.
Me: $450
Ricer: Holy **** thats an expencive tip!
Me: Yeah it came with a free stainless catback exhaust.
ricer: oh
Old 03-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboHatch95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboHatch95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ricer (looking at my Thermal exhaust): That tip make yor car hella loud
Me: umm
Ricer: How much you pay for it? I was tinking about getting one for my muffler.
Me: $450
Ricer: Holy **** thats an expencive tip!
Me: Yeah it came with a free stainless catback exhaust.
ricer: oh</TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL nice
Old 03-03-2004, 12:07 PM

Default Re: (b18c93)

Haha i cant believe what I am reading...too funny, Ive had a few:

Old man: I think you need a new muffler there
Me: yah i think i do to
him: yah you should get that fixed

heres another one from some ricers in my highschool:
Ricer: what kind of motor is that
Me: stock
Ricer: no its not u got a red valve cover
me: yah i just got it painted
Ricer: Oh well i thought it was that type R motor, didnt think you had one

Haha really it is a Type R read the damn block RICER B18c5
Old 03-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just today my sister gets into town and ask why I got my black instead of red(just put on new CF hood) After I tell her she says, "then why are your rims black?" I stopped there.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for those who think this thread is bad and mean and not funny and... and... uh yeah... it really is mean to make fun of ppl who dont kno n e better.. but then again it is funny to hear stories about ppl who dont know n e better... im one of those ppl!!!! up until a few days ago ive always said "headers" it wasnt till recently from reading these posts that i learned a car only has one "header" so u all can make fun of me now!!! its ok im learning imma noob damnit sorry!!!
Old 03-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (flipp117)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flipp117 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for those who think this thread is bad and mean and not funny and... and... uh yeah... it really is mean to make fun of ppl who dont kno n e better.. but then again it is funny to hear stories about ppl who dont know n e better... im one of those ppl!!!! up until a few days ago ive always said "headers" it wasnt till recently from reading these posts that i learned a car only has one "header" so u all can make fun of me now!!! its ok im learning imma noob damnit sorry!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

very common mistake
Old 03-03-2004, 03:12 PM

at work me and my co-worker are looking under the hood of his gsx. another co worker comes up, looks at the valve cover and says, nice cams.

an rsx comes to get its oil changed and the same guy looks at the intake manifold and says, whoa.. those are some crazy headers.

off topic from the title of the thread but thought it was funny
Old 03-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (CXinthemaking)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CXinthemaking &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

very common mistake </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah my neighbor does it all the time
Old 03-03-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Re: (TODAeg6)

i just got this one today:

me and my friend were at chevron in his EP3, he asks me to check his oil while he's pumping the gas, so i pop the hood and start walking around to the front and this kid about 15 or 16 comes up to me.

kid: Hey, this yo ride?
me: no, its my friends.(open hood)
kid: holy ****!
me: what?
kid: that B16's been put in backwards! tell your boy to get his money back.
me: its a K20.
kid: whats that?
me: its a different series motor than the B series.
kid: so that means its like a spoon right?
me: sure.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flipp117 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for those who think this thread is bad and mean and not funny and... and... uh yeah... it really is mean to make fun of ppl who dont kno n e better.. but then again it is funny to hear stories about ppl who dont know n e better... im one of those ppl!!!! up until a few days ago ive always said "headers" it wasnt till recently from reading these posts that i learned a car only has one "header" so u all can make fun of me now!!! its ok im learning imma noob damnit sorry!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good for you. Learning is a great thing. We were all there at one point, whether it was when your 10 or 30 years old.

Ignorance is one thing...shoving your big fat foot into your mouth is another. Most folks just talk out there necks...
Old 03-03-2004, 04:24 PM

Default Re: (RangerDan)

i dont have any funny experiences with my car, but i have some funny stories to tell. my friends and i pull up at a party one night, when this civic parks net to us. altezzas, rice wheels, and loud fart can exhaust. we laugh, and go to the party. so my friends cousin comes up and says the guy with the civic is talking ****, saying he has over $16,000 invested under the hood. so we find im, and follow him to his car. we ask him what all has he done to it, and he says in a confident voice, "well, its a D16y7 with a cam out of an H22. it was built by so in so, and he told my dad that i cant blow this motor no matter how much nitrous i put on it!" he pops the hood, and he has a stock motor with an ebay intake. so this dude is gonna take my friend for a ride, and "show him what it can do," or so says this ricer. after they come back, we explain to him politely that there is no way in hell he has a H22 cam in his D series. after a while he admits that he really doenst know what the hell he is talking about. so we ask my friend how his "ride" went. my friend says, "yeah, i asked him 'i thought you were gonna show me what this thing can do,' and they guy says, 'well, we're doing a hundred''.

another story, a friend of mine was talking to a kid about his civic.
freind: so what do you have planned for your car?
kid: im putting a tubo kit on it.
friend: thats cool. what kinda front mount intercooler are you gonna get?
kid: whats that?

a little later
kid: im also getting "greddy turbo headers"
friend: oh yeah? i didnt know they made those.
kid: yeah, they arent out yet, but i have them on order.
friend: right...
Old 03-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MrIllegalX)

oh another funny thing. my integra is forsale so i get calls on it. well im checkin my messages and i get this one today..

kid: hi im xxx calling about your 1990 um (pause) intrepid in the autotrader. i was wondering if i can come out and look at it today. thanks
Old 03-03-2004, 04:30 PM

Default Re: (newaccordguy2003)

well this just happened over msn chat

Jef-Ray = Ford Probe drive
Nader = Me

Jef-Ray (}} Turn around and let me see you from the back, Yeah I like it like that says:
yo
Nader - "Rice it up" - Uncle Ben's says:
whats up
Jef-Ray (}} Turn around and let me see you from the back, Yeah I like it like that says:
wann hear a joke
go
Jef-Ray Turn around and let me see you from the back, Yeah I like it like that says:
why r honda drivers different
this should be stupid
Jef-Ray Turn around and let me see you from the back, Yeah I like it like that says:
cause there slower
ahhhahhahhahhahahahah
halirious

Old 03-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's the funniest/stupidest comment you've had on your civic? (foz)

Old 03-03-2004, 05:44 PM

One thing I like to do to ricers who come into my shop with their Altezzas and torched-spring lowering job is to send them to Pep Boys to have their blinker fluid checked. Pep Boy "mechanics" love me. I even sent a ricer down to Pep Boys with an open 5-gal bucket to get some steam so he could clean his engine. Can't wait to try the "muffler bearing" one on the next ricer that comes in. "Yeah, it'll make your exhaust flow smoother and give you another 20hp."
I know, I'm going to hell.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:14 PM

LOL I got a couple.

I'm outside of my apartment complex, there a guy who drives a white miata.
Hes helping me with changing my spark plugs.

Me : So what you gonna do to your car?

Dummy: I'm looking for a 1990 rx-7 so I can take the headers and turbo '' bolts right in'' he says.
Me: (with funny look on face) heh good luck.

2# Story.
These cocky teenagers I dont recognize in my neighborhood, looking at my 7gen that has a bodykit and my 5thgen coupe (damaged). (I Rear ended some car and it took my fender and headlight )
So they walk up to me.
Boy : is that your car? (pointing at my 7th gen)
Me: Yes
Boy: I got a friend who would race you right now!
ME: Really what does he have? Sure Ill race him.
(His other friends come looking at both my cars)
Boy: hes got a GSR hatch, with a b16! He beats Type R's!

I wanted to correct him. So bad. He gets on his cell phone and no body never comes.
Another one looks at my damaged 5th gen and says. '' How do you crash your car?''

Modified by Soichiro-Honda at 7:43 PM 3/3/2004

Quick Reply: What's the funniest/stupidest comment you've had on your civic?