Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what should i use?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i use?

well i got a 92 civic that i've made into a sleeper. but my shocks are completely shot, and i want a complete set. whats the best bang for the buck? i do mostly high speed cornering, and alot of free-way racing at speeds between 100-150. i was looking at tokico or dropzone, or whatever. i'm open to advice or suggestions.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what motor are you using for getting to 150mph?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:54 PM

Default Re: what should i use? (nothinspecial)

go with the tokico blue. i think their like $250 + shipping at onlinefour.com. cheaper on ebay.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:54 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

high speed cornering and speeds of 100-150mph? i smell darwin in your future.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:29 PM

Default Re: what should i use? (that one doood)

it's not a full blown race car yet, it's got a 1.5 with a cold air intake, header, cat, muffler, and a juice box chip. its pretty much an ebay race car, every thing so far is from ebay(total cost for mods=200). but it's driven like a race car, and i just want it to handle like a race car. and about the going between 100-150, thats just a rough estimate. do the tokico blues come with springs and everything? because thats what im looking for-a complete set.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:37 PM

the blues is just the shocks itself. omni power has a really nice one for i think $900. check out omni website. forgot what it is. do a search. it won't make your car hanle like a race car but will improve your handling and cornering. you'll need a lot of work and money if you want it to handle like a race car. control arms, sway bars, urothane(spelling) bushing, weight reduction to name a few.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what should i use? (kay20adc2)

lol or just get jdm style shocks,for 20$ on ebay,j.k,get the tokico blues,crazy good on mine,worth the money
Old 11-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: what should i use? (Mikes2000civicsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nothinspecial &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's not a full blown race car yet, it's got a 1.5 with a cold air intake, header, cat, muffler, and a juice box chip. its pretty much an ebay race car, every thing so far is from ebay(total cost for mods=200). but it's driven like a race car, and i just want it to handle like a race car. and about the going between 100-150, thats just a rough estimate. do the tokico blues come with springs and everything? because thats what im looking for-a complete set.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It won't be a full blown race car until you

1: strip it and add a roll cage.
2: boost it/swap it
3: add $1000 in suspension work
4: it isn't street legal

You're car was probably faster stock. It seems faster because you moved the power to the top end. You still run a 16.0 on a good day with skill.

oh,

5: Your car isnt geared to go much faster than 130 if at all.
6: I'm sure your skinny tires are twice as skinny at 105mph.
7: I bet you have a cardomain page.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what should i use? (ek forever guy)

Agreed.

P.S. "Race Cars" do not contain ebay parts.

P.S.S. tokico blues are replacement oem shocks basically... they suck.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

omgtehricewtfbbq
Old 11-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow. just wow. i suggest you learn how to be smart before you ask anyone for advice on mods. good luck. hopefully i dont read about you in the newspaper.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nothinspecial &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">free-way racing at speeds between 100-150.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dood he's pro.
i'm going to grow up to be just like him.

get real parts that aren't from ebay.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what should i use? (gsr x civic)

Access Level Normal User
Permission Level Restricted Trial User
Full Name Kyle Benjamin Hurd
Email Address [Hidden]
Location Portland Or U.S.
Age 15

he drives the car with his daddy and mommy to church on the weekends

First off grow up and doing 100-150 on the roads is ******* dumb wreck at that speed your dead 90% of the time. Have fun with doing that with your huge power 75whp single cam slammer.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:19 AM

Default Re: what should i use? (99blackcivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

he drives the car with his daddy and mommy to church on the weekends

First off grow up and doing 100-150 on the roads is ******* dumb wreck at that speed your dead 90% of the time. Have fun with doing that with your huge power 75whp single cam slammer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

first of all, his car doesnt go 150. it is not a race car. he was going to buy a 92 hatchback with a b20z and he said a gsr ecu, but decided not to. this is his first import, and he just wants it to be up to par with his driving skill.

P.S. if his car did go that fast, he would top it out on the freeway. he feels better going way to fast, than he does not gong at all... and he is that good
Old 11-19-2006, 11:56 AM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nothinspecial &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

first of all, his car doesnt go 150. it is not a race car. he was going to buy a 92 hatchback with a b20z and he said a gsr ecu, but decided not to. this is his first import, and he just wants it to be up to par with his driving skill.

P.S. if his car did go that fast, he would top it out on the freeway. he feels better going way to fast, than he does not gong at all... and he is that good</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you freakin serious? asdlkjflksjaklfjsalkjdhahah! is he by any chance an andretti?
Old 11-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what should i use? (that one doood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nothinspecial &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's not a full blown race car yet, it's got a 1.5 with a cold air intake, header, cat, muffler, and a juice box chip. its pretty much an ebay race car, every thing so far is from ebay(total cost for mods=200). but it's driven like a race car, and i just want it to handle like a race car. .</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is a full-blown race car. geez you must be killin the competition out there
Old 11-19-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Re: what should i use? (dohcVTECeg2)

i had pritty much the same set up as u and i only got 125 outa mine.

did u have a rocket on the back or somit or were u dreamin of 150. lol

Old 11-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what should i use? (jdmyoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nothinspecial &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i got a 92 civic that i've made into a sleeper. but my shocks are completely shot, and i want a complete set. whats the best bang for the buck? i do mostly high speed cornering, and alot of free-way racing at speeds between 100-150. i was looking at tokico or dropzone, or whatever. i'm open to advice or suggestions.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nothinspecial &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first of all, his car doesnt go 150. it is not a race car. he was going to buy a 92 hatchback with a b20z and he said a gsr ecu, but decided not to. this is his first import, and he just wants it to be up to par with his driving skill.

P.S. if his car did go that fast, he would top it out on the freeway. he feels better going way to fast, than he does not gong at all... and he is that good</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wat the expletive, when you first posted this miracle car was yours, but later on in the thread you were refering to the car as someone elses? I smell lies, and I live in Portland Oregon so Ill keep an eye out for a wrecked civic on the freeways...
Old 11-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nothinspecial &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why are u talking in 3rd person and your acting like this is your/his whoevers 2nd or 3rd car. Not even old enough to drive alone yet. Grow up and stop acting stupid.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: what should i use? (spoonracer84eg)

He got frustrated and needed his buddy to try and save his ***.

I'm speechless. Get off our website holmes.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what should i use? (ek forever guy)

mg
Old 11-19-2006, 05:16 PM

I really hope this is a joke... Any idiot can drive a car in a straight line fast as long as it is smooth... And only an IDIOT would do so on public streets. ... On par with driving skill? I would say I am only an above average driver... occasional Auto-x etc... But I bet I could drive that ebay-box around a track and a straight line faster than him. Until he grows a brain cell, he won't surpass even the stock setup's limits. He needs that crap to drive faster because he sucks at driving. Soon to suck at living at those speeds. Tell the police so they can take his license and send him back to school... He will thank you when he reaches, and actually passes age 16...
Old 11-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what should i use? (CooBlueDAB)

ya wat the expletive is this, hes 15 and driving alone, then hes talkin like its someone elses car............ you know what i think. that this little ****** is lieing out his ***, he probably dont even have a car........
Old 11-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why are you guys even responding?