Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What not to do in a civic?jdm ride.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What not to do in a civic?jdm ride.

Oh yes I get what you mean now.

I think people follow the JDM trend because of:

Yeah it is a dumb trend, I think it's okay if they are real parts though.
But i think fast and the furious; tokyo drift has a big impact on this.
EDM/USDM was never popular in the media.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xxstuntin4life
JDM IS THE NEW RICE!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Perhaps people like sidemarker on there fenders. Etc. Jdm fan boys are a little extreme at times. But who cares. I'd rather see honda fenders with honda sidemarkers than some cheap aftermarket fiberglass shat. Whatever tho. I can't believe I'm arguing about this. Put what u want on ur car.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tEKnics
Perhaps people like sidemarker on there fenders. Etc. Jdm fan boys are a little extreme at times. But who cares. I'd rather see honda fenders with honda sidemarkers than some cheap aftermarket fiberglass shat. Whatever tho. I can't believe I'm arguing about this. Put what u want on ur car.
x2 about that

there are those number of people who tend to get VERY brand-centric (that anything other than JDM is sh#t)

this is how "rice" was invented
Old 10-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So then, will it be rice to have a mix of JDM and EDM, it's all an opinion
Old 10-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SlowEJ8
So then, will it be rice to have a mix of JDM and EDM, it's all an opinion
lol ...

you dont have to negotiate with me, i have my view on jdm and you have yours, free will is awesome.

i just like to state my opinions in hopes of people not seeing me as the "bad guy"
Old 10-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dont get me wrong i like "jdm" stuff and i have a few jdm goodies on my car.. wat i ment by JDM is the new RICE is that everyone is buying these amber corners on ebay and a bunch of other **** saying its all JDM stuff.. look at the box it says made in CHINA?? WTF!! thats not jdm haha.. just go on craigslist.com and type in jdm civic and look how everyone and there mom says there civic is jdm.. thats a def. negative...

sooo we think japan is sooooo cool to have all these dif. front ends RHD and all that... does Japan think where cool and do LHD swaps??? hahaha just kidding but that would be the funniest **** ive ever seen in my life!!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lock this stupid thread
Old 10-15-2009, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OP sounds kinda upset of what others are doing to their rides. If their car looks riced out and look like idiots driving a shopping cart, let them... its their car not yours. I honestly get a chuckle when i see them specially when they have a LOUD exhaust and u hear it shift and its an auto lol that one always gets me.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:28 AM
318 Curves, 11 miles

I keep a few of these in my glovebox, but only hand them out to the worst offenders.

/thread.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Variety is the spice of life.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:01 AM

It doesn't matter what anyone else does to thier car.....You do what YOU like and don't worry about anyone else.....If you see a car you don't like, laugh to yourself and move on.......My 2cents
Old 10-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lmol at jdm this, jdm that..... have you seen some of the real **** japan industry produces for car or even the styles people over there follow?? you call it rice over here but i've seen some weird things being done to cars in japan and nobody complains or makes fun of it. oh yea i forgot, it is "JDM"
so it you want to make an article about a car being "rice"why dont you just tell the people to stick to OEM?? thats what this "JDM"that you so greatly swing nuts from really is! or at least the interpretation the people (excluding the Japanese) think of when they here the words. i could go on but i have to brush my teeth lol. Good morning Honda-Tech
Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by acake em1
to each his own, but i will say any wheel bigger than a 16" is pushing it in a civic
just throw some 22's on it 'mane!.......
Old 10-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

back to topic.. I dont know if anyone mentioned this yet but I would say not to get real civic type R floor mats for your lhd civic..
Old 10-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sooo we think japan is sooooo cool to have all these dif. front ends RHD and all that... does Japan think where cool and do LHD swaps??? hahaha just kidding but that would be the funniest **** ive ever seen in my life!!
LMAO!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:51 AM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Things not to do:

Tow Hooks if you never tow your car anywhere ( my lowered ej8 went up just fine on a flat-bed twice in the last 2 weeks)

the 'beginner' driving badge

retarded offsets so only half the rear wheels are actually making contact with the street cause you wanna be slammed and mad JDM tight y0
Old 10-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

acutally they do, Ive seen some car show pics from japan where theyre all USDM front and LHD swaps, etc. Its pretty funny. Just to be different. Personally I just go with the best mix of performance and looks. I have a few inspirational cars that Ive seen that I take ideas from. Lets face it, even a Civic that has a swap/turbo etc. is kind of boring when it looks 90% like the stock car. A nice set of wheels, mild drop, and a few body touches can do a lot.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you've been to japan, you know when you see rice.
They got some crazy *** wheels and body kits over there, that you'd think it's MAJOR rice here.
But just like the US, people liked imports, wanted to be unique or something a little different than USDM, which brought us the cheap, and easy to find Jdm parts.
That means its vice versa for japan, they like the ls1 swaps! :D

they even have flamethrowers on their exhaust ,and its a competition to see who's fire looks to coolest while they shoot it out from the car.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no offense dude but this thread sux and is pointless. Just cause you think something is wrong doesn't mean someone else does too. Don't get me wrong I think body kits/chrome rims/neons are ugly. But to someone else might think its cool. Its the person personal preference.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LS94tegra
no offense dude but this thread sux and is pointless. Just cause you think something is wrong doesn't mean someone else does too. Don't get me wrong I think body kits/chrome rims/neons are ugly. But to someone else might think its cool. Its the person personal preference.
x2
Old 10-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LS94tegra
x3

i was just saying jdm is the new rice because half of the people dont even know wat JDM is.. people think putting a J front on there car makes them mad jdm.. like i said dont get my wrong i spend money on some real jdm parts like my recaro seats and wat not but i dont go around sayin my car is mad tyte jdm YO! ill admit they have some clean all cars over there and yes there show cars def. have some crazy *** body work on them that i personally dont like but w.e thats there car not mine..

i like my cars simple and clean.. i dump the **** out of mine throw some rims and a swap and throw a little wire tuck, thats pretty much my cars
Old 10-15-2009, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by CivicSpoon
IMO, there's no reason for such a thread. Most people on this site don't do that kind of stuff to their cars. IMHO, the whole JDM fad thing is just as bad as the "riced" look that you are talking about. It's all just a matter of opinion.
x2
Old 10-15-2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by customcivic93
actually i think a 17" is cuz thats wat i have on mine thats lowered but someone here has 20" rims on their hatch with no rub believe its a 91
I guess everyone is into different things, but I just got back from Japan, and I didnt see any boosted FD's or Type R's flying around with 17's or 18's on them. Type R's came with 14's in Japan for a reason....just my 0.02
Old 10-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mcki0068
I guess everyone is into different things, but I just got back from Japan, and I didnt see any boosted FD's or Type R's flying around with 17's or 18's on them. Type R's came with 14's in Japan for a reason....just my 0.02
type r's had 14's?? thats odd all the type r's i see have 15's.. even my 4 lug type r's are 15's

Quick Reply: What not to do in a civic?jdm ride.