Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What exhaust to use for a GSR swap in eg6 platform?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What exhaust to use for a GSR swap in eg6 platform?

I have a 1993 Honda Civic DX, it will soon have a gsr engine in it w/ lsd. Not sure year yet, but I know it will either be a GSR engine or possible a civic Si. Both are good engines and fast and reliable.

Will my stock exhuast be fine? IF not what type of exhuast do you guys recommend. Will stock GSR or SI exhaust work with mods? Or will I just need a diff. muffler (will stock piping be big enough)?

If I do decide to do aftermarket, I am looking for something with a smaller size, stock looking type, that is quiet and non-dronign cruising but gets loud but non-ricey sounding under wide open throttle. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have drums in the rear, I realize discs will look better but are they necessary with an engine swap?

Finally what type of short shift kit do you guys recommend that is shorter than stock but not so stiff and rigid that is nearly painful to shift.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What exhaust to use for a GSR swap in eg6 platform? (KarbinFourteen)

That's quite a list of questions my friend. I'm going to answer your question about brakes and let someone else help you on the others. Disc brakes aren't just there for looks, they have a more efficient way of bringing you to a dead stop. Disc brakes aren't truly necessary with a GSR/SI swap, but they may be a good idea. Now if you were swapping a H22 in there, I would be telling you that you had to because you would overpower your brakes.

Cliff notes: The rear disc brake conversion isn't entirely necessary for you, yet.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:21 AM
Pooping on children

Default Re: What exhaust to use for a GSR swap in eg6 platform? (EHMk2)

your going to want to upgrade your exhaust i recommend rs*r or apexi world sport as they are both extremely quiet. greddy also makes a decent *quiet* straight through design exhaust. as for your shifter you can use a stock GSR(or any integra for that matter) unit, it will shorten your shifts very nicely and will still have Honda OEM quality.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:14 PM

Default Re: What exhaust to use for a GSR swap in eg6 platform? (BADEG6)

Cool I am currently bidding on some apexi world sport hopefully i can get it for a good deal if not, i found a stock vti exhaust axle back. Its dual tip. Eurpoean I believe