Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what does one do??? car title ???s

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what does one do??? car title ???s

Here's the deal...i have access to a 95 Civic EX. I have the registration and owner's info to the car, but no title. My plan was to sell the car over to myself and forge the owner's signature since i have all of the info and take it to the DMV to get a copy of the title.

I didnt do it myself, but my homeboy did it in his name. Turn's out that the car is on a Title Loan, but the owner(s) are nowhere to be found. So I've had the car for about 5 months now, since the summer, and the DMV wont give out the info on were the title is being loaned from.

What am I to do??? I want the car so I can swap in another motor and turbo it.

Has anyone had a situation like this??? What to do in this case, or there is nothing i can do without knowing the whereabouts of the owner or title??
Old 11-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what does one do??? car title ???s (Xscort)

Well, first off, whoever forged a signature committed a felony. Second, if there is a Lien holder and you or your buddy who forged the signature got a title, the lien holder should be listed right on the face of the title.

Rule number 1: Don't buy a car that doesn't have a title unless you don't mind going to jail.... What if the car would have ended up stolen or getting reported stolen? Guess who would be in deep doo doo? You you....